The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I to hope Jack is available for Newcastle onwards, we need to win some games and be at full strength again and hopefully for the remainder of the season.

I will be so annoyed if we drop the ball against Newcastle because Bruce is on his way out. Much like lampard neither Bruce or Lampard earned there way to the premier and got gifted there spots. Sure Bruce has done promotion a few times but not for a long time, not sure if Lampard or Solskjar have done the championship promotion. All because Newcastle, UTD and Chelsea thought they could replicate what we were doing with Smith with the whole one of your Own vibe. Not sure but when did Solskjar take over at UTD they to went with that and I'm sure he took over after Smith took the reigns at Villa. It's like Villa and Smith started a trend and others followed suit and I feel Smith earnt every bit of his work here from being near relegation in the championship, Gaining promotion, avoiding a relegation premier dog fight to losing out a cup final with City. And while these guys were just placed in there clubs, I do not think for a minute that Solskjar would of been as successful if he hadn't of inherited an amazing squad, where as Dean had to build it all on up from scratch.

You can certainly see the work Dean has done compared to Solskjar who inherited an ace squad that can take care of itself, Lampard who was unlucky to get sacked by Chelsea who maybe should of stuck with him a while longer, yet he never earned his way to the premier, Bruce just got Lucky and fell into Newcastle. It's like Bruce and Lampard skipped championship promotion hardwork and collected a terric chance and both dropped the ball but I feel as though Lampard was hard done by with his sacking.

We need to Break BruceCastle down and Bruce will have his lads sit back and without Grealish we may struggle to score which will indeed be frustrating as Bruce will flipping he'll be happy for a point. Bruce will consider a point a bloody Victory over us lol and that's the most frustrating thing about Bruce.

Someone get the catapults and cabbages ready.

Edited by Dave-R

I don't think we will see Grealish back until April now unfortunately.

Even if he miraculously makes a return on Friday I would rather he was on the bench and brought on if required. We should really have enough to be beating Newcastle comfortably. This would then give him an extra week to rest up.

Fingers crossed.

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

In all honesty it would be silly to risk him against Newcastle, that extra recuperation could help give us another 10 game winning streak🤞

I think it would be the right thing to do.

However, there are some valuable points still to play for and we play Newcastle then Spurs a week later before the international WC qualifiers.

If we don't miss him in the Newcastle game I think we definately will in the Spurs game.

The plan could be that we keep him out so he misses all of the above games and avoids being selected for England, bringing him back completely fresh and raring to go in April.

Time will tell.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The plan could be that we keep him out so he misses all of the above games and avoids being selected for England, bringing him back completely fresh and raring to go in April.

Time will tell.

I dont think denying him a chance to secure his England spot is a positive really. I think he might miss the Newcastle game but he'll be back for the next one and hopefully can play in the England games so he has a chance of playing in the Euros.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Have to say, international matches right now is absolutely and utterly idiotic. We're trying to keep head above water and get the vaccination progressing and they some how think international football is a good idea when we are struggling to get any sort of organised domestic sport done.

Deano has already told the international lads if they are playing in Red Zone countries that require a period of isolation upon return then they won't be going. 

Not sure what players that has ruled out of going away?  

53 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Deano has already told the international lads if they are playing in Red Zone countries that require a period of isolation upon return then they won't be going. 

Not sure what players that has ruled out of going away?  

Nakamba, Martinez and Luiz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I don't think we will see Grealish back until April now unfortunately.

Even if he miraculously makes a return on Friday I would rather he was on the bench and brought on if required. We should really have enough to be beating Newcastle comfortably. This would then give him an extra week to rest up.

Fingers crossed.

I would sit him out until after the international break though he might feel different about that

32 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It would seem that his problems are with his shins or at least in his lower leg and are related to wear and tear. 

It'll be interesting to see if this means we'll need to manage his playing time over the next couple of seasons - if he needs more of a break from time to time, then the addition of international football might be a bit of a pain for us. I think we've probably seen the end of Jack playing in the League Cup against lower league sides and it might be a problem for us if we qualify for Europe.

I think it probably emphasises our need to go out and get better quality depth on the wings this summer - if we're going to be playing 50+ games a season in a year or two, then we probably need to plan to be without Jack for at least a dozen of those.

Do you think it’s something to consider if a very large bid came in for him in the summer....

Â