The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

42 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Tbf to the rain coat. More people actually die from drowning in the desert than from dehydration. 

Quicksand, Flash Floods and Sandstorms are all dangers that can cause drowning in deserts (yes sand counts as a liquid and therefore you can drown in it). 

Learn something new everyday... although I will be checking sources to corroborate this...

Watching that tonight, when Jack isn't in the team, we turn into statues. 

The amount of crosses was down to the sheer fact nobody was making a clever run into the box or space. I counted just twice that someone did it and both times it caused problems. 

When Jack is playing, I know he's on a different level, but other players make them runs all the time.

Edited by UpTheVilla26

6 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Watching that tonight, when Jack isn't in the team, we turn into statues. 

The amount of crosses was down to the sheer fact nobody was making a clever run into the box or space. I counted just twice that someone did it and both times it caused problems. 

When Jack is playing, I know he's on a different level, but other players make them runs all the time.

It was the same in the games before he was out, when a couple of teams on the bounce doubled up on him and just marked him out of the game.

When he's not making something happen, we are incredibly one dimensional.

• Like 2

Yep. 

You could argue that if any team has their best player missing they will struggle but we rely so heavily on him, not just to create, but to draw players in which creates space for others. 

Just hope he's back ASAP and we can find some form to finish the season or it's going to just end up fizzling out. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yep unfortunately Villa are a one-man team!

I thought Traore or El Ghazi would step-up.

Traore and El Ghazi both created a couple of decent chances but without jack the midfield has to do more. To not only keep the ball but also to create chances 

17 hours ago, TRO said:

my hair was Brown, now Grey......phew!!!

I'm safe.

how big are meal worms, before I commit myself?

It doesn't really matter. The missus will tell you that it is the biggest she's seen regardless.

22 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I would not be surprised if it was a concerted effort by Man Utd to unsettle Jack. The Solskjær hug and now both Ferdinand and Scholes are out towing the company line. They seem well versed in the dark arts.

For a team who is so relient on individual brilliance to get results Grealish would be perfect for them.

Can see him being their main target in the summer. Our owners just needs to stay strong and price him out of their range.

If we can't keep him, nothing would hurt me more than seeing him at that club. Literally any other club but them.

Edited by villalad21

10 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I remember it well when Yorke left us for Manure, such a feeling of hatred for that horrible club began for me.

"If I had a gun, I would have shot him"!

Is that you John Gregory?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If he must leave us, I hope to god it's to join a team on the continent.

I'd love to be able to continue following him and supporting him through his career but will never be able to back him if he joins another club in this league.

It would be weird and vaguely painful for a long time to see him wearing anything other than a Villa shirt, but If not Villa then I wouldn't hate seeing him at Barca or similar, not that they can afford him.

Edited by est1874

21 hours ago, PaulC said:

Tonight we showed just how much we need Jack. We're too predictable without him. 

It shows that when he gets the ball, it sticks, only fouling him releases it, In contrast, we have very few players who can resist the press and keep the ball....we have too many players who find it hard to keep possession, even when they run with the ball, it looks like they are going to lose it, run in to trouble or get caught with it.....that doesn't happen with Jack.

I know Jack is a phenomenal player.....but If we have any notion of serious progression, we have to have players, who are comfortable on the ball and don't lose it at the drop of a hat....I still think outside of the defence, we have some players not good enough, particularly in terms of consistency.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Â