The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

16 hours ago, Okonokos said:

For me, if we can sign 2 top quality/world class level players, I'd want a CDM and a wide forward. Then any other transfers can be for squad depth like another CB and a striker.

I think you are correct, and the absolute priority of the two positions would be the No.6. There are two really good players in the Premier League that would fit our profile, Kalvin Phillips and Declan Rice. Something remarkable would have to happen for either of those to be obtainable to Villa, so I think we’re scouring the world for an alternative.

9 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I do think there is a message in there for Barkley. For me there looks like there’s been a bit a little bit of tension in the team over the last few games, so call it coincidental, if you like, that a good TEAM performance turned up with both Barkley and Luiz looking on from the sidelines. Difficult to see how Barkley, in particular, can get back into the starting lineup for Sheffield Utd. 

After the Brighton performance Mings was quite vocal about how we lacked intensity and enthusiasm in that game - in reference to the midfield and attack being poor that day.

So yeah could be a bit of a dig that the set of players vs Leeds put a real shift in and that has to be the minimum we need to do if we want to get results in this league.

Once Jack is back in the team it will give even more competition for places with the people coming in hopefully continuing to impress. UTV!

58 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I think you are correct, and the absolute priority of the two positions would be the No.6. There are two really good players in the Premier League that would fit our profile, Kalvin Phillips and Declan Rice. Something remarkable would have to happen for either of those to be obtainable to Villa, so I think we’re scouring the world for an alternative.

We've been linked with Berge from Sheff Utd. Would he fit that description?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I do think there is a message in there for Barkley. For me there looks like there’s been a bit a little bit of tension in the team over the last few games, so call it coincidental, if you like, that a good TEAM performance turned up with both Barkley and Luiz looking on from the sidelines. Difficult to see how Barkley, in particular, can get back into the starting lineup for Sheffield Utd. 

I don't see that as a dig. If it's meant to be a message to those out of the team then at most it's we all need to get our heads down and work hard. For me though it was more of a 'we are not a one man team'!  Jack makes us better but we're a good hardworking bunch in the first place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

We've been linked with Berge from Sheff Utd. Would he fit that description?

I think we are all in agreement well most of us Brighton go down we go in for Bissouma. Don player. And we bring potter in as a coach too for added bonus points. 

I'm glad Jack didn't play on that allotment yesterday. Awful awful pitch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I don't see that as a dig. If it's meant to be a message to those out of the team then at most it's we all need to get our heads down and work hard. For me though it was more of a 'we are not a one man team'!  Jack makes us better but we're a good hardworking bunch in the first place.

That’s exactly how I saw it. John Terry posted something similar....

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL0HGrGgonc/?igshid=1agotowxsyxk1

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

This is true. Jack is the best we have for sure, but there are extremely few players in the world who can carry an entire team all on their own, with absolutely no help at all.

Likewise, there's not many professional footballers playing in a top league who are completely and utterly hopeless at football. If they were, how would they get to that point in the first place?

Boiling us down to a one man team is merely a simple way for opposition fans to put us down. We know we have a good squad now and we can trust them to put in a shift when needed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Fortunately I can't remember much of him. He was very forgettable. I spent most of the o'deary days stoned which also helped!

God knows what you must have been on to get through the McLeish season! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

God knows what you must have been on to get through the McLeish season! 

Why did you have to remind me of that! Watching Lerner alienate the fans that loved him and dismantle what was a team with potential was excruciating.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Thug said:

He needs time on the bench, watching ‘lesser’ players than himself play instead of him - purely because they have bigger bollocks.

Let him watch a 19yr old Ramsay run in and put in a slide tackle.  Let him watch AEG run 40 yards to catch up with a player and put in a tackle.  Let him watch JMcG run up and down the pitch being effective at both ends.

Let him understand why they’re playing and not him.  Then give him 15 minutes to go do the same, then 20, then 30, and if he’s doing it, maybe give him a start.

It’s just a shame that at age 27, he still needs to be taught this.

He came here to get his england place back.  He’s going to leave here wondering whether his next loan move will be to a championship team if he’s not careful.

Just needs to pull up his socks, grow a pair, and get stuck in.

He *could* be a star, but needs to learn to compete first.  All his training needs to be focused on how to tackle and how to win a ball.

He’s only got 13 games left to prove himself,  I sincerely hope he gets a chance to do it.  

Come on for the last 15 in the next game,  and just put in one crunching tackle.  Get a booking for your effort if need be.  But for your careers sake, show that you’re willing to get dirty for the cause.

This is why signing players with the right attitude is so important. Barkley has come here with less hunger than I thought he would.

You're right he has to learn these basics. Sanson was great in his cameo.

I wonder what difference Dean Smith could have made to a 21 year old Ross Barkley if he'd had him for 2/3 years. I think you'd see a much better player than this one.

• Like 2

Â