The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, TRO said:

My concern is....will it be the right kind of players, now that is an opinion of what we need.

Personally, I think we have enough No8's and 10's.... we also have some fine kids coming through in Carney.....but None lend themselves to the No 6 Role

I was watching Rice today.... 22 years old, He was fantastic in that CDM role, his maturity, was mindblowing, to play that role at such a young age.

We desperately need a player like that.

I like Dougie and SJM....but I am not convinced in the roles they play, they are further forward players, for me......

For me, if we can sign 2 top quality/world class level players, I'd want a CDM and a wide forward. Then any other transfers can be for squad depth like another CB and a striker.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

For me, if we can sign 2 top quality/world class level players, I'd want a CDM and a wide forward. Then any other transfers can be for squad depth like another CB and a striker.

Ditto

• Like 1

So happy to get the win without him. That'll shut all the "Villa are a one man team up", even if only for a while. 

What a shallow/lazy thing to say or even imply, especially when it's coming from pundits. 

We've got quality all over the pitch and can have a go against any team, and you don't do that when you're a one man team. 

Just now, Zatman said:

Its also not just any team we have beaten, its not a Newcastle or Fulham. Its actually away to the greatest Premier League team and manager of all time

Our 7-2 against Liverpool pales in comparison to tonight's result! 😂

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Never change a winning team, eyh?

Pretty small time. Top teams change their squad win or lose. Whole point of a squad is to name a team that's best suits winning against the opposition at hand.  Not blindly name the same 11 just because they beat a completely different setup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, May-Z said:

Feels a lot like the mystery shin problem that kept him out during our Championship season.

Can't remember how long that was. Maybe ten games?

Could this be a similar time frame?

If it is a similar time frame (3 months-ish), then thats his season pretty much done.

Lets hope thats not the case.

8 hours ago, May-Z said:

Feels a lot like the mystery shin problem that kept him out during our Championship season.

Can't remember how long that was. Maybe ten games?

Could this be a similar time frame?

If it means history repeating itself then I am all for Jack returning and taking us on another 10 game unbeaten run and getting us into the top 4 this season.  :D

• Thanks 1

Â