The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 hours ago, roonst83 said:

It’s always concerning when the doctors, manager and player himself have no idea when they’ll be back. Feels all too familiar with his previous shin injury as the same things were being said and we lost him for three months. Whether this is the shin or not, it’s all a bit odd. 

Yeah but in that instance he played with an injury for a while I think, whereas this time we've taken him out as soon as he felt discomfort.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Targett has put grealish in his fantasy team this week 👀👀

I'd be beyond pissed off if he made it back into the team, hopefully they are trolling ffs.

As I finally transferred him out for Barnes.

He has been in my team all season and has gained value, means I'll lose money just to get him back in.

He would also probably have a double hat trick 🤦🏾‍♂️

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

But it is how it works if we're talking about a player who doesn't want to leave (or at least won't kick up a fuss if he's not allowed) and if the club has serious owners. All of this would apply to us and Grealish.

What gets me is fans of other clubs saying what he is or isn't worth based on their limited insight into football in the real world.

That's true, we are really blessed that Jack is genuily Villa trough and through.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd be beyond pissed off if he made it back into the team, hopefully they are trolling ffs.

As I finally transferred him out for Barnes.

He has been in my team all season and has gained value, means I'll lose money just to get him back in.

He would also probably have a double hat trick 🤦🏾‍♂️

I'd be delighted if he was back in. 

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

For someone who isnt familiar with fantasy teams, if he transferred him mon, does that change stand for the next two games then? I thouhht you had to change each match 

Yes, because it's a double game week.

It would be risky from a points perspective if you weren't sure he would be in for both.

Although, it could just be mental gymnastics by Targett. To throw them off lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

But it is how it works if we're talking about a player who doesn't want to leave (or at least won't kick up a fuss if he's not allowed) and if the club has serious owners. All of this would apply to us and Grealish.

What gets me is fans of other clubs saying what he is or isn't worth based on their limited insight into football in the real world.

its because, every villa player in the past had a price and was theoretically up for sale.....Mark Ansell ( FD under uncle Herbert) once said, we are a selling club, which I think shocked a few fans and he got flak for it, but it was true.....We always have been, prior to NWSE.....so the penny takes time to drop with other fans, that we are not a selling club anymore...meaning we don't have to sell to survive, we now sell because we want to.

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

its because, every villa player in the past had a price and was theoretically up for sale.....Mark Ansell ( FD under uncle Herbert) once said, we are a selling club, which I think shocked a few fans and he got flak for it, but it was true.....We always have been, prior to NWSE.....so the penny takes time to drop with other fans, that we are not a selling club anymore...meaning we don't have to sell to survive, we now sell because we want to.

That's thing thing isn't it? Most fans of other clubs are so far up themselves they don't even know how serious and wealthy our owners are. I keep seeing league tables of clubs net spend with us high up and fans saying things like "how are Villa up there?". It's kind of funny but also annoying to see us dismissed like that. The penny will drop soon though if we can keep improving as a club. We owe NSWE everything.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

That's thing thing isn't it? Most fans of other clubs are so far up themselves they don't even know how serious and wealthy our owners are. I keep seeing league tables of clubs net spend with us high up and fans saying things like "how are Villa up there?". It's kind of funny but also annoying to see us dismissed like that. The penny will drop soon though if we can keep improving as a club. We owe NSWE everything.

They truly are amazing...but we have to equally remember, prudent recruitment is key.

They will not want to spend money on "Pigs in pokes" like the past, no matter how much money thay have, they are business men, they want to see money, well invested....so far so good.

I think this summer, will be an important window for us.

9 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

The best was the popular Man U YouTuber who did a " Well, I can't see Villa pushing for anything further than Mid Table, well, unless they got Billionaire owners or something, so why would he stay there? " 🤦🏾‍♂️

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

They truly are amazing...but we have to equally remember, prudent recruitment is key.

They will not want to spend money on "Pigs in pokes" like the past, no matter how much money thay have, they are business men, they want to see money, well invested....so far so good.

I think this summer, will be an important window for us.

This summer will be massive for us as a club and could define the next few years. We don't need to build a team anymore. We are in the position to say to players like Grealish "we mean business" by going out and buying maybe 2 top, top quality players.

21 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I'd love us to bid for the likes of Mbappe, Rashford, Sterling, De-Bruyne et Al. This will unsettle a lot of people. It will also be a bonus if we actually landed one. That'll get us taken seriously.

Transfer market mind games.

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

This summer will be massive for us as a club and could define the next few years. We don't need to build a team anymore. We are in the position to say to players like Grealish "we mean business" by going out and buying maybe 2 top, top quality players.

My concern is....will it be the right kind of players, now that is an opinion of what we need.

Personally, I think we have enough No8's and 10's.... we also have some fine kids coming through in Carney.....but None lend themselves to the No 6 Role

I was watching Rice today.... 22 years old, He was fantastic in that CDM role, his maturity, was mindblowing, to play that role at such a young age.

We desperately need a player like that.

I like Dougie and SJM....but I am not convinced in the roles they play, they are further forward players, for me......

Â