The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

or because of the nature of the injury they cant accurately assess his rate of recovery and will therefore assess him game by game...

look at the comment from the cash injury with a reference to grading of soft muscle damage, they can assess that differently and therefore use timescales

not sure why theres a huge conspiracy theory brewing over this

Smith also said he didn't feel right in training on Friday so they pulled him out. If that's the case, why did I hear the rumour about him having a broken leg (I assume this is incorrect but still valid that he was injured) on Thursday night and why did the Villa physio transfer Grealish out his FPL Team at 7am Thursday morning? I don't think he trained Friday at all. 

For some reason they aren't telling the truth, I don't know why but it makes me feel like they are trying to play down what could be a big issue. They also have some history for this, the Barkley "Almost ready to play" lark went on for weeks and weeks.

Edited by AndyM3000

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

I think the club could explore using this in a presser. When asked about jack respond (in a joking but making a point way), about how the injury comes form years of being kicked and hopefully he gets protection from refs rather than being kicked 3 or 4 times before the ref reacts...

It's so often several different players that are fouling him in games. They're not often reckless so to speak, and so therefore dont warrant yellows. I'd say generally speaking the number of yellows and reds handed out for fouls on him have been fair. There are some that stick in the mind where more should have been carded but broadly speaking.

Where football and refs could be better in general, and similar to rugby, would be to speak to the captain, and say that the next player on your team to foul him will be straight carded. Football players are treated very individually by referees it feels.

19 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

IMO the inconsistent decision making by refs in this league makes me more want to go to an NBA style when it comes to fouls. You make 4 fouls, no matter how pathetic they were, it's an automatic yellow card. 

The game v Man Utd away they made 28 fouls against us and until the 89th minute had 2 bookings. Fernandes and McTominay made 5 fouls each with no bookings.

It was Matic and the reluctance to book him in that match that wound me up. He came on and committed 3 bad fouls in the space of about 10 minutes.

37 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

In fairness, Smith actually did say it's not a long term thing and not a recurrence of an old injury. I agree there is a certain degree of crypticness going on but he was clear and specific when he said that, which gave me a bit of hope.

Smith didn't sound concerned at all. Hopefully back in a game or two.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Smith also said he didn't feel right in training on Friday so they pulled him out. If that's the case, why did I hear the rumour about him having a broken leg (I assume this is incorrect but still valid that he was injured) on Thursday night and why did the Villa physio transfer Grealish out his FPL Team at 7am Thursday morning? I don't think he trained Friday at all. 

For some reason they aren't telling the truth, I don't know why but it makes me feel like they are trying to play down what could be a big issue. They also have some history for this, the Barkley "Almost ready to play" lark went on for weeks and weeks.

Like I said conspiracy theory... 

Partly its sports science, every player reacts differently to the treatment and recovers at a different pace

Its then also just the norm in football, they don't disclose injuries and training performance in full, they don't have to, like you say Barkley was nearly ready for weeks, we don't know what's happening with Engels or to a lesser extent Hause, cash they said a few weeks depending on the grading, this is what happens

There's no not telling us the full story so therefore they must be lying so therefore it must be really bad

That's just villa fan pessimism on over drive 

If he's out for 6 weeks or 2 months then it is what it is, there's no cover up or anything dodgy going on, the demand from some to know everything is daft and isn't going to happen (which will no doubt be smiths fault after a few losses...) 

• Like 3

apologies if already posted

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56147920

Aston Villa manager Dean Smith will investigate how news of Jack Grealish's injury emerged in the 24 hours before their 2-1 loss to Leicester City.

like, what's he going to do? fine neil taylor for taking jack out of his FPL team?

1 minute ago, YouUnastanFren said:

The leak happened before anyone knew what transfers Neil Taylor had made. I took Grealish out of my team because of the news.

ah fair enough...wasn't aware of that. i thought the tweet from that FPL insider was what started it all

2 hours ago, birdman said:

Smith didn't sound concerned at all. Hopefully back in a game or two.

He never does. It wouldn’t surprise me if he is out for a while. 

What I don’t get is how come he wasn’t at the game? Just because he is carrying an injury does it mean he can’t turn up ?  Or was he just given a day off?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's hard to figure out how Leicester could have known, I mean it's not like Jack's best mate plays for Leicester or that he's been doing media stuff with him all week.

They played two right backs though which suggests they planned to play against Jack doesn't it?

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What I don’t get is how come he wasn’t at the game? Just because he is carrying an injury does it mean he can’t turn up ?  Or was he just given a day off?

He put a picture on his instagram story from a box in the North Stand. I'm guessing he just fancied a bit more privacy or a bit more warmth than a seat with Gareth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He put a picture on his instagram story from a box in the North Stand. I'm guessing he just fancied a bit more privacy or a bit more warmth than a seat with Gareth.

No, no!! Join in with the conspiracy theories. He was in a box to hide the fact his leg is in a cast!! Confirmed. Stress fracture, 3 months minimum.

Some dodgy things going on with the timelines of when things have happened and when Dean confirmed they made the decision to pull him out, which bbc article suggests we'll be investigating, but to assume Dean is lying about the extent of the injury is a bit of a leap.

He said in a "to clarify " comment, that it wasnt serious, it is categorically not a recurrence of an old injury and they don't expect him to be out long.

It could all be lies, but if it is, it's only natural to give opposition as little information as possible when it comes to preparing against you.   I'd like the club to give fans more details, but they can't do that without it also getting back to people they don't want it to. 

Â