The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

How about trusting the Villa process from 10th in the Championship to promotion , staying up, and now this season achievements  that’s  Progress 

Might be worth having this statement ready for the reactions thread if we lose tomorrow :)

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Tbf, both Real and Barcelona have been financially **** in one way or another for yonks. Its never stopped them buying players, or even smashing the world transfer record.

But Jack isn't going to Barcelona because of a billion other reasons. 

Why is it that we always seem to have ex players that tout our assets to all and sundry? You don't see too many ex Liverpool players urging their players to jump ship. 

Quote I read just was Mersin saying “if I was Barcelona manager I would spend £130m on Grealish, he’s that good. He’d rip it up at the Nou Camp.”

Hard to disagree with any of that. Doesn’t mean he’s going anywhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Only Grealish Barca are gonna be able to afford is Kevan and that is pushing it. 

In a way, I think Covid has helped us keep our best player in a generation. Nobody is gonna fork out over £100mill for any player for a good couple of years. Every club has been hit by the loss of match day stadium revenue and the market won't pick up, IMO, until at least 2023. 

Finances in football have outpaced matchday revenue for years. Last year and January, I agree. But when push comes to shove in the summer it only takes one of the big clubs to go balls out and it'll be back to normal.

Only thing that may stop that is the two that need to do it most - Liverpool and Barca - are the ones with no cash money. If that had been say Man City or Chelsea I think we'd be back to normal in no time

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Only thing that may stop that is the two that need to do it most - Liverpool and Barca - are the ones with no cash money. If that had been say Man City or Chelsea I think we'd be back to normal in no time

Barca are in a dreadful position financially, they are struggling to pay for the upkeep of the Nou Camp and have defaulted on wages a couple of times in the last couple of years, they have huge problems. Liverpool on the other hand I'd have thought can spend what they like?

Regardless, I think the two Spanish giants currently don't have the money, he's too young for Italy and Bayern work in a different way, PSG might be interested if he has a great Euros and they sell Mbappe, but other than that I think it would be City, United or Liverpool - I can't see anyone else having either the money or the pull to take him off us. 

I don't think he's going anywhere.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Quote I read just was Mersin saying “if I was Barcelona manager I would spend £130m on Grealish, he’s that good. He’d rip it up at the Nou Camp.”

Yeah, I watched the clip and Merson just pulled Barca out as an example, nothing else. He only wanted to big up Jack, and explain to everyone how much he thinks of Jack. Barca has nothing to do with it.

12 hours ago, birdman said:

Pages lol

The Last week or so has been like watching The years of my life slowly catching up on the thread page numbers. Personally be glad when it gets to page 2022 as getting a bit superstitious about it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Exactly. 

I also think people like merson gossip so much now because one they haven't got else to do and two they talk about the hottest topics to stay in the media limelight,  as that's there bit of fame these days.

All hes saying though is he'd tear it up for Barcelona, doesn't mean hes going.

I think some forget that we have Billionaires and that keeping Grealish is a priority of the club  You could sell Grealish for half a billion and we still wouldn't be able to replace the lad for what he does for us. Maybe for other clubs they would move on such an offer of 130 mill or more, but if we let Jack go who do we bring in to replace, there is no one and that's the honest answer. Grealish does things no one else really does, for me 130 mill for him is chump change and while some would say that could kit out our team in other areas, it certainly doesn't fo far, 3 or 4 players and 130 mill has disappeared,then theres the risk that they never work out.

Our Owners if they so wished could spend 130 mill, they have that much they are pissing money out all over the place. It wasn't so long they went and spent 250 million dollars on an NBA star, so they have shown they will spend that and making money seems to be second to actually winning things with NSWE.

Jack's under contract, no doubt he will take the new contract and his price will keep on rising and while it does Jack keeps setting the world on fire. The time to release Jack is in some years when his price has risen that much and hes caused that much chaos that clubs cant even stand him being with us any longer, where we control the sale like we do now and it's more like a retirement home for him and clubs still want to overpay for him.

If we were to let Jack for 130 mill, you can guarantee in a years time that club who bought him would be saying no to offers and that hes worth 300 mill. Keep him at any cost us Villa fans love him more than just the footballer he is, other clubs fans wouldn't think of him the way we do. He just doesn't have to be sold by us, it's as simple as that. There is no forcing us to sell while ever hes under contract and while were doing all we can to bring in fresh talent season by season to give Jack what he needs and gain some European football, Jack will stay at his dream club.

I think in time it will get to the point that the way Jack plays will be the new norm for football clubs, who in turn want at least one or two players at each club to do exactly what Grealish does on the field. Jack at the moment is a one in a billion player, but you can bet your ass off that a decade from now that the youngsters who idolise Jack and make a career of the game will be using Jack's style and even go as far as to evolve it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I had a dream he turned out to be injured. I need to spend less time on the internet.

Dont you class them as nightmares where bad things happen.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Barca are in a dreadful position financially, they are struggling to pay for the upkeep of the Nou Camp and have defaulted on wages a couple of times in the last couple of years, they have huge problems. Liverpool on the other hand I'd have thought can spend what they like?

Regardless, I think the two Spanish giants currently don't have the money, he's too young for Italy and Bayern work in a different way, PSG might be interested if he has a great Euros and they sell Mbappe, but other than that I think it would be City, United or Liverpool - I can't see anyone else having either the money or the pull to take him off us. 

I don't think he's going anywhere.

They are I danger your right and there answer is to go get them selves into more trouble by buying Grealish, I think there backers would say a big nooooo to that and to sell before a massive money spend for one player happens.

maybe our Owners should buy Barcelona, they did wonders with our clubs debts 🤣🤣

I think Barca's day of borrowing there way and overspending there way to success is passing and will signal the end of bad practise within the sport.

Edited by Dave-R

Â