The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I look forward to seeing him play.

Who is he like?

I'd say Adam Johnson is a good comparison but Grealish has far more technical ability

Potential to be a better version of Adam Johnson? That sounds very promising.

I think he means in relative terms - like how good Johnson was 7 years ago or so. If SGC was to compare to other great players at that age it would mean nothing to us since we don't know any players that age.

He quite clearly keeps an eye out on youth football, how else would he know how good Grealish is? Johnsons also been quite well known for a long time, didn't he make his debut at 17 or something?

He quite clearly keeps an eye out on youth football, how else would he know how good Grealish is? Johnsons also been quite well known for a long time, didn't he make his debut at 17 or something?

To be honest, I don't even know if he does know how good Grelish is, the guy also said Delfouneso will be better than Drogba is right now so he does over-rate our players.

SCG is only a young guy too, I've seen him on facebook, I really doubt aged probably between 11-13 that he watched and took note of youth football and especially Adam Johnson.

Blimey - that's a bit of a claim!!!

I hope the lad does well for us!

Just take that claim with a pinch of salt.

Not that I'm doubting the lad's potential, but SGC claimed Delfouneso would be better than Drogba in 2 years (probably 18 months now) so he tends to get a bit excited.

Blimey - that's a bit of a claim!!!

I hope the lad does well for us!

Just take that claim with a pinch of salt.

Not that I'm doubting the lad's potential, but SGC claimed Delfouneso would be better than Drogba in 2 years (probably 18 months now) so he tends to get a bit excited.

Ha ha - I agree... However, it's good of the likes of SGC to keep us informed on the youth within the club (even if it is with claret and blue tinted glasses!)

While I wish the kid the best of luck, I find it very difficult to get excited about some 14 year old. Why have we never got a wonderkid ready to go - they always seem to be in the making at Villa. Of course this lads too young at mo, but I want to hear about the 16 year olds that are ready to take the premiership by storm

Who is he like?

I'd say Adam Johnson is a good comparison but Grealish has far more technical ability

A 14 year old has more technical ability than Adam Johnson?

I await this Messi/Van Basten/Xavi hybrid.

He's the best young prospect I've ever seen in the youth teams, by far the best player of his age in the country, he's a wonderful talent and to be honest comparing him to Adam Johnson is doing Grealish a disservice because he will be 10x the player Johnson is.

• Like 4

While I wish the kid the best of luck, I find it very difficult to get excited about some 14 year old. Why have we never got a wonderkid ready to go - they always seem to be in the making at Villa. Of course this lads too young at mo, but I want to hear about the 16 year olds that are ready to take the premiership by storm

I honestly think he'll be ready by the time he's 16 if he develops physically

You mean like Gabby or the Fonz?

No, they were both a bit older than 16 when they 1st played. Delfouneso is deemed ready at a time when Wayne Rooney had already been v.influential at club level for a couple of years

Ah so you want us to produce players like Wayne Rooney, one of the best strikers in the world. Sounds reasonable.

Players that can play in the first team, and make a huge impact, at the age of 16 are like rocking horse shit. They only come around once in a while. We're churning out plenty of decent youth talent with plenty more to come.

Who is he like?

A 14 year old has more technical ability than Adam Johnson?

I await this Messi/Van Basten/Xavi hybrid.

He's the best young prospect I've ever seen in the youth teams, by far the best player of his age in the country, he's a wonderful talent and to be honest comparing him to Adam Johnson is doing Grealish a disservice because he will be 10x the player Johnson is.

Just saying he might overrate them a tiny bit ;)

:D

Â