The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I can’t understand why the club would do an interview with him the day or the day before the rumours started. The rumoured injury isn’t a contact injury or a muscular injury so you would have thought there would be knowledge of it prior to the interview. 

Sounds like complete bs to me. Just watched Dean Smiths interview yesterday, talked about Jack and no mention of any injury. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

The idea that someone on the Internet can diagnose a player with an injury and give an accurate time on when he will return, without any credible source is just mental. 

almost as mental is a reasonable chunk of a fanbase actually believing said diagnosis without any credible source

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I can’t understand why the club would do an interview with him the day or the day before the rumours started. The rumoured injury isn’t a contact injury or a muscular injury so you would have thought there would be knowledge of it prior to the interview. 

You probably wouldn't want the opposition any wiser to be fair.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You probably wouldn't want the opposition any wiser to be fair.

Are you a parrot?

Well said, gives Rodgers a headache of something else to prepare for, hope Jack is fully fit and starts in the middle, ruins their plans.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

The idea that someone on the Internet can diagnose a player with an injury and give an accurate time on when he will return, without any credible source is just mental. 

its Twitter dude, everyone on Twitter knows everything, is always right and should never be challenged for fear of upsetting the delicate petals.......Twitter also represents the majority of average people, so on balance he is certainly correct, justified and shouldnt be questioned.

ok???

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He probably should and would if someone is going to pay the 120 odd million it will cost them. It certainly won’t be a debt stricken Barcelona as suggested by Merson.

He's going nowhere with this injury. Crocked, waste of money. (Pass it on) :)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

Indeed unless mind games etc. If this injury doesn't get confirmed by someone official or trustworthy by end of play today then I think false alarm. 

1 hour ago, beachboys1 said:

Merson just said on sky he should leave villa

In some ways on paper he's right, where Villa are and Jacks ability mean that he ought to be in a position to play at a higher level.

What it fails to take into account is two things - firstly that Villa aren't standing still, we have wealthy, smart, ambitious owners - the people that said Jack should leave Villa last season were a lot more right than the people saying he should leave this season, who knows how wrong or right they'll be next season, or the season after - and secondly that leaving isn't a matter of getting on a bus - someone has still got to persuade those rich ambitious owners to part with a player that has more than four years left on his deal, and in a post Covid market, with Spanish football in tatters, that means maybe three or four clubs on the planet.

Merson wants to see him play at a higher level, I get that - the best way to do that might be to just wait a season or two.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In some ways on paper he's right, where Villa are and Jacks ability mean that he ought to be in a position to play at a higher level.

What it fails to take into account is two things - firstly that Villa aren't standing still, we have wealthy, smart, ambitious owners - the people that said Jack should leave Villa last season were a lot more right than the people saying he should leave this season, who knows who wrong or right they'll be next season, or the season after - and secondly that leaving isn't a matter of getting on a bus - someone has still got to persuade those rich ambitious owners to part with a player that has more than four years left on his deal, and in a post Covid market, with Spanish football in tatters, that means maybe three or four clubs on the planet.

Merson wants to see him play at a higher level, I get that - the best way to do that might be to just wait a season or two.

Imagine leaving and seeing Villa win 2/3 trophies and be top 4 next few years, would tear his heart out I think. As you say we are making all the right moves and God willing we can be in the mix for something every season from now on.

15 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Imagine leaving and seeing Villa win 2/3 trophies and be top 4 next few years, would tear his heart out I think. As you say we are making all the right moves and God willing we can be in the mix for something every season from now on.

I think there's also a bonus for us in what's happening at the top of the league - it used to be that playing for Chelsea or United or Liverpool meant an absolute solid gold guarantee of Champions league football - I don't think that's true now - City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester and Spurs don't fit into four spots and I think over the next few years all of those teams are going to have years where they drop out - if we can get involved, or Everton can, then the old guarantee's will be gone - for me, that would be a fantastic result for football, dreams at lots of clubs brought back to life - but importantly it means that there's less reason for a player like Jack to leave his club. 

In a strange way, Leicester's continued excellence might be as good a reason as any for Jack to stay put.

• Like 3

I wonder if Harry Kane is set to leave Spuds at some point, I wonder if that ties into the prospective thinking of the two or three clubs who could actually afford Grealish and/or Kane.

In transfer land at the highest level it's often said there is a 'domino effect' of one transfer leading to another.

Who knows, all conjecture and I for one hope Grealish stays and becomes God of all Aston Villa Gods!

26 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Barcelona are a billion in debt. Dream on Merson.

Tbf, both Real and Barcelona have been financially **** in one way or another for yonks. Its never stopped them buying players, or even smashing the world transfer record.

But Jack isn't going to Barcelona because of a billion other reasons. 

Why is it that we always seem to have ex players that tout our assets to all and sundry? You don't see too many ex Liverpool players urging their players to jump ship. 

3 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Tbf, both Real and Barcelona have been financially **** in one way or another for yonks. Its never stopped them buying players, or even smashing the world transfer record.

But Jack isn't going to Barcelona because of a billion other reasons. 

Why is it that we always seem to have ex players that tout our assets to all and sundry? You don't see too many ex Liverpool players urging their players to jump ship. 

For one do we see grealish learning other languages? 

Not to say he isn't super smart but let's face it his actions in regards to driving suggest not. I wouldn't be surprised if like Bale he fails to learn the language (although he'd definitely be closer to his teammates what with all the partying) 

• Haha 1

Â