The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, supermon said:

Am or only one who thinks he should have released Watkins during that solo run, he probably would have had a better chance of scoring

I shouted that too. Wasted shot at the end of the run tbh, wondering if he just lost that bit of explosiveness at the end after the run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I shouted that too. Wasted shot at the end of the run tbh, wondering if he just lost that bit of explosiveness at the end after the run.

tbf I'm sure he was thinking that it could have been a contender for goal of the season if he scored that. he made a super confident run so I'm sure he felt confident he could finish it too.

• Like 2

He was so good last night. But I was sad because I came to a realisation that if we ever lose him, I won't be as interested any more. He's the thing keeping me watching football. I just love watching him. Best player in the world and I'm being deadly serious.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He was so good last night. But I was sad because I came to a realisation that if we ever lose him, I won't be as interested any more. He's the thing keeping me watching football. I just love watching him. Best player in the world and I'm being deadly serious.

should he leave that would leave me feeling very empty with Villa. it would definitely make me less interested, at least in the short term. I sincerely we do everything in our power to hold onto him for as long as he plays. he is on-route to become an absolute legend at Villa, and I'd even argue he is one already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes it's very deceptive wording indeed.

For those who are not experienced with this type of thing though it can be very costly and misleading for many.

I appreciate the heads up on it that you highlighted.

Had he scored it few yards out though and @Kingman would have been a few quid better off.

The bet did come in though didn't it.

Volley straight at Pope, shot from the crazy run and his goal.

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Would he have surpassed Dalian's goal if he went across the keeper and found the bottom corner? 

Yes. It was an all time great if that went in. The thing that most amazed me was how easy he made it look. What must he be like in training?

He just gets better and better, such a privilege to watch Jack with the ball. He’s so naturally gifted but works his baby socks off too. It was a great move for his goal, that one-two with DL and finish were class. And that run, wow! That was peak Maradona, had everything but the finish. 

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

should he leave that would leave me feeling very empty with Villa. it would definitely make me less interested, at least in the short term. I sincerely we do everything in our power to hold onto him for as long as he plays. he is on-route to become an absolute legend at Villa, and I'd even argue he is one already.

Gareth Barry was the best Villa player in my lifetime but Jack has totally surpassed him now. Easily the best I've ever seen. I hope we never lose him so much but if we do, I hope he goes abroad. It will make it somewhat bearable. I don't think the owners have any intention of selling him though, thankfully. They won't be bullied like Lerner was.

Just now, Okonokos said:

Gareth Barry was the best Villa player in my lifetime but Jack has totally surpassed him now. Easily the best I've ever seen. I hope we never lose him so much but if we do, I hope he goes abroad. It will make it somewhat bearable. I don't think the owners have any intention of selling him though, thankfully. They won't be bullied like Lerner was.

I agree and I remember us losing both Milner and Barry and it was a terrible loss at the time. I was so disappointed. but you're right, Grealish has surpassed them both to me. he's easily the best player I've seen in a Villa shirt and if, god forbid, he ever should leave it has to be abroad for me. couldn't stand seeing him play for a shit club like man utd. I'm confident that our owners are well aware of this (I mean, they'd have to be Gump levels of dim not to) and will not give him up unless it's absolutely impossible not to for whatever reason (money offer too lucrative or Jack says himself that he wants to leave). but Jack loves this club as much as we do if not even more so I'm not too worried about this. I think he has his eyes on becoming part of the club lore for all time. To become the best player the club has ever seen.

• Like 1

This is the issue I have with our 'decent 'season.

Is it all about Grealish and Martinez? - take those two out and we could easily be just above the RZ zone.

There's going to be interest from the very top clubs this summer.

Bids start at @£140m 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

This is the issue I have with our 'decent 'season.

Is it all about Grealish and Martinez? - take those two out and we could easily be just above the RZ zone.

There's going to be interest from the very top clubs this summer.

Bids start at @£140m 

let them bid, let our owners tell them to **** off

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes it's very deceptive wording indeed.

For those who are not experienced with this type of thing though it can be very costly and misleading for many.

I appreciate the heads up on it that you highlighted.

Had he scored it few yards out though and @Kingman would have been a few quid better off.

Landed nice 12/1 double with Jack and Ollie anytime scorers + 16/1 for 10 shots on target. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was his last touch before his shot in that run that let him down fractionally, it meant he was needing to shoot across the keeper. I think he thought the player tracking him back would have intercepted or fouled him if that final touch was to his right, towards centre of goal, rather than left. But I think his pace would have took him beyond him leaving him bang in front of goal and just needing to slot it. 

It was similar to when he went through v palace and his last touch took him left of goal, and therefore with a tougher finish.

56 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Put in a real captains performance and maybe his best ever game and players let him down.

A f***ing tragedy.

I'm calling it now. Traore and Barkley are luxury players and we can't play both.

We played Barkley and Traore against Newcastle and won. For 70 mins we destroyed Burnley. Of course they can play together. We need to defend set pieces better, high balls and make subs at the right time. IMO 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Everyone has a price. What is in our favour is that JGs price tag will be too high for pretty much anyone, and our owners can’t be arm wrestled. Madrid and Barcelona are in the worst shape they’ve been in for decades, I don’t see Germany being on JGs radar, ditto France. I don’t think any Italian club is in a position to spend the type of sums required either. So we end up coming back to Man City or Man Utd as being the only possible destinations that could probably put up the money required...... and I think the only money our owners might even contemplate would be a new world record. And to be honest I don’t even think our owners will sell at all, I think they’re here for the glory. JG is worth more to us staying at the club. Crazy isnt it, to think that a £200m world record fee isn’t even worth 2 seasons to us in the premier league?! For any transfer of JG to make any sense to Villa at all, then I think you’re looking at a fee somewhere around £250m. Which isn’t going to happen. For comparison, anyone remember Jadon Sancho?!

I'm one who would usually be cursing him to pass after a good run.

However the one last night was so immense I was willing him to score.

It was bloody ridiculous, he was probably knackered by the end of it though, hence the inneffective finish.

His performance certainly did not warrant the result.

Â