The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

My only worry about him going is he performs like this and still loses, looking around thinking “I love the club but some you are utterly shite”

We cannot keep having Jack put in a game like that and we throw it away. 

We are a young side relatively speaking but some are experienced enough to close out games like that. 

we need a little run of wins now but cannot see it happening. 

Thats the only game this season I have seen us throw away

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Superb again but he really needs to stop shooting at the keeper. He would be competing with himself for goal of the season  had he finished his runs off. 

He got 3 shots on target and one of those was a goal.

His second attempt would have been goal of the season had it gone in.

A good performance from him I would say but it's a shame about the overall result.

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He often looks knackered when he comes to take the shit, tonight he's blasted that at pope rather than looking to place it in the far corner 

What setting is it on an iPhone that autocorrects normal words into profanities? Mine does the opposite so I end up texting my mate telling him Blues are a steaming pile of shot.

• Haha 2

Just now, The Moustache of Teale said:

What setting is it on an iPhone that autocorrects normal words into profanities? Mine does the opposite so I end up texting my mate telling him Blues are a steaming pile of shot.

It doesn't autocorrect, just the I and o next to each other 

10 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Thats the only game this season I have seen us throw away

In terms of a loss yeah but we’ve lost points in games where Grealish was our best player and we conceded or drew when we should have done more.

West Ham and the other Burnley game examples. 

21 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

My only worry about him going is he performs like this and still loses, looking around thinking “I love the club but some you are utterly shite”

We are a young side relatively speaking but some are experienced enough to close out games like that. 

To be fair, he had one or two opportunities to lay off a pass in front of goal, but he was greedy. Not always a bad thing, especially from him, but still.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Genuine question. Name 5 players in world football who you'd take over Jack. With the exception of Messi I can't think of anyone else.

I wouldn't take Messi over him right now. lewandowski for his goals maybe? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Genuine question. Name 5 players in world football who you'd take over Jack. With the exception of Messi I can't think of anyone else.

Rate him higher than Messi right now and the stats back me up. Wouldn't swap him for anyone in the world or all the money in the world. Never enjoyed watching a player as much as him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn't see that he kicked off at Burnley assistant manager after the game and then allegedly had a go at Smith trying to calm him down. I thought was more petulant the subbing off in the other game rather than "the pashun" about wanting to stay on. Needs to chill out

1 hour ago, kidlewis said:

Bruno Fernandes must surely be thinking the same thing then?

Thhis can't be the theme every time we get a bad result.

It insinuates we haven't had brilliant results, progress and play sequences as well.

You would hope/assume he is mature enough to know what stage of the growth spectrum we are in as well.

It would all have been discussed when signing is new contract as well.

He, too, does also have " Off games " by his standards, as all players do.

If he was in fact thinking that, he could probably start with is mate Ross tonight. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 hours ago, kidlewis said:

I think Jack had his moments but let's be fair Burnley second half had managed to keep him quiet for a large part off the second.

One instance was where hed got on the ball inside the penalty area and if hed of shot as soon as he could hed of at least had an attempt on goal, but as Jack is, he had to hold onto it way to long and was dispossessed. 

6 hours ago, grobs said:

Arguing with smith at the full time whistle 

Love your posts man. Always cheer me up.

Once every few weeks. Always on Grealish, always negative on him.

Really curious to know how he's hurt you.

Keep em comin Grobbo.

To me he is better than both KDB and Fernandes.

And i am going to go as far as saying i don't think it's even close.

Jack possesses that rare and unique ability which is dribbling. Neither of the players mentioned above have it. The fact that he does it so efforlessly as well tells to me he's had it since he was a kid.

It's the most difficult thing to do on a football pitch and it's the reason why more people prefer Messi over Ronaldo.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Just a note that he needs 3 shots on target.  Deceptive wording but WH have it as ‘over 2 shots on target’.

Yes it's very deceptive wording indeed.

For those who are not experienced with this type of thing though it can be very costly and misleading for many.

I appreciate the heads up on it that you highlighted.

Had he scored it few yards out though and @Kingman would have been a few quid better off.

Â