The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He was all over twitter last night because Maddison scored two in two FFS.

People can't help but bring him up as some sort of benchmark. "Their guy" whoever it is must be better than Grealish because he's the one they all really wish played for their side :lol:

Have you ever known a Villa fan give a toss about anyone else when we're gushing over Jack? A lot of it stems from jealousy I'm convinced. 

He should have left years ago because that's what people do in football. Coutinho left. Ronaldo left. Maguire left. Bale left. Hazard left.

Jack stayed.

It's been great to watch play out...

• It's only Villa and they're in the Championship
  • Hernandez/Neves is better
  • He's always out drinking and is a diver anyway
  • Well they lost the playoff final so he'll leave now
  • Dean Smith can't get anything out of him, the job's too big...oh
  • Well Villa are going down and then he'll leave
  • Well they only stayed up because of VAR, he won't sign a new contract, oh
  • Maddison/Mount/The next mug is better anyway

Now Maddison has two good games and Jack is brought up again! There's not much more backtracking space left before just accepting how obscenely good he is.

If Southgate can swallow his pride he will become a national hero this summer. If he can't, his replacement as manager won't make the same mistake and Jack will become a national hero in either 2022 or 2024.

Watch him tear it up tonight. It's been a long 19 days without watching Jack Grealish play football. Maddison is not fit to lace his boots, never was. Excellent player, mind.

• Like 1

Have to say, while I don't think Maddison is half the player Jack is, I really enjoyed his post match interview after the Chelsea game. He was more articulate than half the pundits.

Jack would be even more frightening if he possessed the same ability to reflect on his actions. Just seemed like JM was a little more mature in his attitude. 

• Like 2

On 16/01/2021 at 18:49, spiezels said:

Jesus what a day, however, I’ll never forgive them playing **** shit music over us singing at the end, really ruined it for me, proper took a shine off it.

**** corporate bollocks. How not to read a room. 

Couldn't agree more. I was fuming. I just wanted to hear the crowd and all i could hear was the **** black eyed peas or whatever they were playing.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Have to say, while I don't think Maddison is half the player Jack is, I really enjoyed his post match interview after the Chelsea game. He was more articulate than half the pundits.

Jack would be even more frightening if he possessed the same ability to reflect on his actions. Just seemed like JM was a little more mature in his attitude. 

It really was a fantastic interview. So refreshing to see a player speak so honestly and candidly, without chucking out a single cliché or prepared line. Especially liked the part where he apologised to Geoff Shreeves because he knew his answer was going to be boring. Never heard him speak before but I think a lot more of him after seeing that. 

But, nevertheless, he's not on Jack's level. Maddison is a top player, Grealish is, in my opinion, a once in a generation talent which I fear England will end up wasting mainly because he plays for Aston Villa. I've always thought he would be appreciated a lot more by the Spanish if he was one of theirs. It makes me laugh when I see players like Maitland-Niles / Saka / Hudson-Odoi getting called up because they make a handful of decent appearances for a top side … compared to Jack who has had to single-handedly tear through the whole Premier League producing stats comparable to the best players in the world just to get a look in. What a joke

• Like 1

1 hour ago, handsworthvilla said:

It really was a fantastic interview. So refreshing to see a player speak so honestly and candidly, without chucking out a single cliché or prepared line. Especially liked the part where he apologised to Geoff Shreeves because he knew his answer was going to be boring. Never heard him speak before but I think a lot more of him after seeing that. 

But, nevertheless, he's not on Jack's level. Maddison is a top player, Grealish is, in my opinion, a once in a generation talent which I fear England will end up wasting mainly because he plays for Aston Villa. I've always thought he would be appreciated a lot more by the Spanish if he was one of theirs. It makes me laugh when I see players like Maitland-Niles / Saka / Hudson-Odoi getting called up because they make a handful of decent appearances for a top side … compared to Jack who has had to single-handedly tear through the whole Premier League producing stats comparable to the best players in the world just to get a look in. What a joke

Looks like Jack may be a safe starter now, but Southgate is going to waste everyone at the next Euros, whenever it is. Hopefully we get a good manager to lead Jack and the other talents we have sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

It would be hard to leave out any of Jack, Mount, Foden, Maddison at this point. Then add in Sancho, Sterling and Rashford and we have a hell of a midfield.

correct;-) it is impossible for all of us left them out.

Mount-Phillips
Foden-Maddison-Grealish

for me 😉 no need sterling and rashford both come in if we need pace 😉

2 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

McGinn didn’t get a yellow either. It was Luiz who picked up a booking.

EDIT. Just check on BBC Sport and they have McGinn as being booked. Surely that’s not right. Wasn’t it for Luiz’s cynical foul?

5 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

EDIT. Just check on BBC Sport and they have McGinn as being booked. Surely that’s not right. Wasn’t it for Luiz’s cynical foul?

Commentators clarified it was McGinn so he'll miss Newcastle game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

mcginn got booked for "time wasting" after that foul, however smith said he couldnt believe it, as Villa were making subs at the time.....so couldnt possibly be booked for time wasting.

doesnt stop the crooked ref tho ofc.

• Like 2

That pass was outstanding.

Think I need to stop following him on social media tho cos he’s irritating me. The rest of the lads are clearly gutted and angry about the result and controversy he didn’t seem that bothered and straight away starts fawning over City and their players, liking and commenting on their posts, complimenting their performances. Maybe that’s a thing all players do now immediately after games they lose and I just haven’t noticed. Can’t help feeling he is courting that summer move, he needs to remember he wears the Captains armband. Everybody else is fuming, he’s straight over to Raheem Sterling’s Insta. 

Like, I said it’s probably my problem and maybe they all do it. 

12 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

That pass was outstanding.

Think I need to stop following him on social media tho cos he’s irritating me. The rest of the lads are clearly gutted and angry about the result and controversy he didn’t seem that bothered and straight away starts fawning over City and their players, liking and commenting on their posts, complimenting their performances. Maybe that’s a thing all players do now immediately after games they lose and I just haven’t noticed. Can’t help feeling he is courting that summer move, he needs to remember he wears the Captains armband. Everybody else is fuming, he’s straight over to Raheem Sterling’s Insta

Like, I said it’s probably my problem and maybe they all do it. 

Probably just making sure he managed to get out of Targett's pocket without hurting himself

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Quiet game by him to be fair, but the pass he had to McGinn when McGinn really should have scored was immense. 3 players on him and he held it exactly long enough to find that space.

Its the way he dragged it back to create the angle for the pass that was so impressive. How he has the calmness and poise to do that in the box with 3 players on him is what makes him a special player 

Â