The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

22 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I also watched the the play-off final again last night and got a bit emotional. 100% my happiest day supporting this club.

Relegation last year really would have shat on it though.  The fact we survived from the position we were in makes it even better now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Relegation last year really would have shat on it though.  The fact we survived from the position we were in makes it even better now.

Absolutely. Although if I'm honest, relegation last year never felt as bad a prospect as losing to Fulham did in the play off final under the previous regime, which really did feel like it would lead to financial meltdown and all kinds of other problems.

Under our current ownership id have backed us to rebuild and come back stronger, relegation would've been a blip but not a catastrophe IMO

4 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Absolutely. Although if I'm honest, relegation last year never felt as bad a prospect as losing to Fulham did in the play off final under the previous regime, which really did feel like it would lead to financial meltdown and all kinds of other problems.

Under our current ownership id have backed us to rebuild and come back stronger, relegation would've been a blip but not a catastrophe IMO

Losing Grealish would have been catastrophic. Ripping up another team and starting again would have been catastrophic. The owners in these covid times without proper PL money and no guarantee of promotion might have lost interest quickly. We had the groundwork in place that could be built upon with the best owners around and it all depended on survival against all the odds. Going down would have 100% been a catastrophe for me. I never want to experience championship football again. I get what you’re saying (in comparison to losing the Fulham final) but just imagine going straight back down again, a yo-yo club just isnt something you ever want to be associated with your club. Its all worked out a treat, somehow, thankfully. My mental health would be in jeopardy I think if we went back down off the back of this year. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Losing Grealish would have been catastrophic. Ripping up another team and starting again would have been catastrophic. The owners in these covid times without proper PL money and no guarantee of promotion might have lost interest quickly. We had the groundwork in place that could be built upon with the best owners around and it all depended on survival against all the odds. Going down would have 100% been a catastrophe for me. I never want to experience championship football again. I get what you’re saying (in comparison to losing the Fulham final) but just imagine going straight back down again, a yo-yo club just isnt something you ever want to be associated with your club. Its all worked out a treat, somehow, thankfully. My mental health would be in jeopardy I think if we went back down off the back of this year. 

All fair points mate - my view is that we wouldn't have become a yo-yo club but would have simply come back up better prepared for the PL (well established that we were promoted a year early, which is a large part of a struggles last year). Losing grealish would have been terrible, but I trust that the powers that be would have made good use of the money and we'd have been fine in the end.

Luckily we avoided relegation and are now looking up not down, so its a moot point either way! Thankfully we never had to find out which one of us was right. Happy Friday 🍻

• Thanks 1

On 15/01/2021 at 10:20, icouldtelltheworld said:
I also watched the the play-off final again last night and got a bit emotional. 100% my happiest day supporting this club.

Jesus what a day, however, I’ll never forgive them playing **** shit music over us singing at the end, really ruined it for me, proper took a shine off it.

**** corporate bollocks. How not to read a room. 

On 14/01/2021 at 22:58, Keyblade said:

Best thing to ever happen to this club. Couldn't be happier Brucie tried to nick a cheeky draw at Wembley.

God, Xia in charge, and Bruce stinking out the league. 

I was absolutely gutted that day, and remember the coach trip back being silent for the most part, but yeah, you're right, it was a huge day for us, just not for the reasons we thought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

another vid....cus well.....why not?

I've actually lost count in that single video how many times he just pulls players pants down. Honestly he's the best I'm seeing in the world at the moment. 

I wish the Grauniad would learn how to spell Jack's name properly. Other than that, this is a good article about him:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/jan/18/messis-red-mist-shows-a-player-lauded-as-deity-is-really-only-human

Messi has been getting kicked, clipped, blocked, barged, tugged, tripped and tag‑teamed ever since he learned to dribble a football. Indeed, Messi has played a large part of his career against a backdrop of people specifically trying to make him angry.

Edited by Lichfield Dean
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Brilliant 😁

It's spooky. So many sentences in that article could just be applied directly to Jack and it would be a perfect description. Like this one:

And most of the time we know what happens: a little burst of speed, and in an instant he’s 15 yards further up the field, the ball still magically glued to his feet.

• Like 1

He was all over twitter last night because Maddison scored two in two FFS.

People can't help but bring him up as some sort of benchmark. "Their guy" whoever it is must be better than Grealish because he's the one they all really wish played for their side :lol:

Have you ever known a Villa fan give a toss about anyone else when we're gushing over Jack? A lot of it stems from jealousy I'm convinced. 

He should have left years ago because that's what people do in football. Coutinho left. Ronaldo left. Maguire left. Bale left. Hazard left.

Jack stayed.

It's been great to watch play out...

• It's only Villa and they're in the Championship
  • Hernandez/Neves is better
  • He's always out drinking and is a diver anyway
  • Well they lost the playoff final so he'll leave now
  • Dean Smith can't get anything out of him, the job's too big...oh
  • Well Villa are going down and then he'll leave
  • Well they only stayed up because of VAR, he won't sign a new contract, oh
  • Maddison/Mount/The next mug is better anyway

Now Maddison has two good games and Jack is brought up again! There's not much more backtracking space left before just accepting how obscenely good he is.

If Southgate can swallow his pride he will become a national hero this summer. If he can't, his replacement as manager won't make the same mistake and Jack will become a national hero in either 2022 or 2024.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He was all over twitter last night because Maddison scored two in two FFS.

People can't help but bring him up as some sort of benchmark. "Their guy" whoever it is must be better than Grealish because he's the one they all really wish played for their side :lol:

Have you ever known a Villa fan give a toss about anyone else when we're gushing over Jack? A lot of it stems from jealousy I'm convinced. 

He should have left years ago because that's what people do in football. Coutinho left. Ronaldo left. Maguire left. Bale left. Hazard left.

Jack stayed.

It's been great to watch play out...

• It's only Villa and they're in the Championship
  • Hernandez/Neves is better
  • He's always out drinking and is a diver anyway
  • Well they lost the playoff final so he'll leave now
  • Dean Smith can't get anything out of him, the job's too big...oh
  • Well Villa are going down and then he'll leave
  • Well they only stayed up because of VAR, he won't sign a new contract, oh
  • Maddison/Mount/The next mug is better anyway

Now Maddison has two good games and Jack is brought up again! There's not much more backtracking space left before just accepting how obscenely good he is.

If Southgate can swallow his pride he will become a national hero this summer. If he can't, his replacement as manager won't make the same mistake and Jack will become a national hero in either 2022 or 2024.

There is absolutely no way Jack doesn't go to the Euros (if the tournament goes ahead that is)

I'm 100% certain of it. 

14 minutes ago, birdman said:

There is absolutely no way Jack doesn't go to the Euros (if the tournament goes ahead that is)

I'm 100% certain of it. 

Will he start/play?

He should be starting and if he isn't he should be first man to turn to to win us a game. Brings something no one else has.

Â