The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

56 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

He’s posted on his Instagram story a video of him training. One of weights and one of him on a treadmill. Hopefully not one of those effected. 🤞

Yeah, decent pace on the treadmill too, which suggests he's either asymptomatic or didn't get it. Very good news.

Dougie Luiz posted a load of videos too, with him doing everything under the sun, also looking totally fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

He’s posted on his Instagram story a video of him training. One of weights and one of him on a treadmill. Hopefully not one of those effected. 🤞

Probably a tinfoil hat moment but judging by how sneaky we've been with pretending Barkley is coming back every game just to disrupt opponents preparations, seeing that actually made me worried that he actually is suffering and won't play but they've posted an old video to pretend he is.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Yeah, decent pace on the treadmill too, which suggests he's either asymptomatic or didn't get it. Very good news.

Dougie Luiz posted a load of videos too, with him doing everything under the sun, also looking totally fine.

Meanwhile, Meatball is prancing round in his Xmas turkey costume lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Any other indications of anyone who has had it?

Who has posted videos of them training and who hasn't? That isn't proof of anything but people running on treadmills and such you'd think aren't too badly affected

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It seems a personalised set of weights is the 'must have' for the modern Premier league footballer - that's Tyrone, Jack and Wesley who've all had theirs on display recently.

they'll more than likely be a paid promotion, a company gives jack his own set free of charge but he must stick some photos on his insta telling the world how great they are

did anyone see the call of duty thing a few weeks back? again mings and i think maybe konsa and someone else got given some sort of CoD boxset thing seemingly free of charge just take your photo with it and tell the world about it, jack posted his with the download code on full display if you were willing to zoom in and chance it and somebody nabbed it 🤦‍♂️😂

edit -

Jack Grealish on Twitter: "Thankyou @FRESHEGOKIDLTD & @CallofDutyUK #Warzone #BlackOpsColdWar https://t.co/q6ZziBHWQZ" / Twitter

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

they'll more than likely be a paid promotion, a company gives jack his own set free of charge but he must stick some photos on his insta telling the world how great they are

did anyone see the call of duty thing a few weeks back? again mings and i think maybe konsa and someone else got given some sort of CoD boxset thing seemingly free of charge just take your photo with it and tell the world about it, jack posted his with the download code on full display if you were willing to zoom in and chance it and somebody nabbed it 🤦‍♂️😂

edit -

Jack Grealish on Twitter: "Thankyou @FRESHEGOKIDLTD & @CallofDutyUK #Warzone #BlackOpsColdWar https://t.co/q6ZziBHWQZ" / Twitter

Always the same, if you have a large following on some social media platform or public platform then companies send you free stuff for you to promote on your website.  You dont have to be famous in the traditional way, just need the followers from footballers to youtubers, better than paying tv channels hundreds of thousands of dollars, when you can connect with the audience via a person with millions of followers all for the cost of a couple of thousand dollars of your merchandise, which probably costs you next to nothing anyway.

22 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Just watching the play off final on sky sports.

We had Jack Grealish in the Championship :crylaugh:

It's like cheating :lol:

How we didn't get promoted in 17/18 with Grealish, Snodgrass, Adomah, Kodjia and even later Grabban et al is still beyond me. We had a cheat code. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

How we didn't get promoted in 17/18 with Grealish, Snodgrass, Adomah, Kodjia and even later Grabban et al is still beyond me. We had a cheat code. 

Glad we didn't, though. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Just watching the play off final on sky sports.

Its mad we were midtable with Grealish, Mings, Tammy and McGinn. Went on a late run to get in the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Its mad we were midtable with Grealish, Mings, Tammy and McGinn. Went on a late run to get in the playoffs.

Woefully managed to start the season with no defenders apart from a broken chezzie. 

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Best thing to ever happen to this club. Couldn't be happier Brucie tried to nick a cheeky draw at Wembley.

Walking away from Wembley that day was the worst football has ever made me feel.  If only I'd known.

Thank you Tom Cairney!

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Makes me wonder if he's a better player for it, or if he'd be a better player if he'd been playing for a struggling side in the prem now.

Hard to see how he could be much better really, but definitely a blessing in disguise that we failed promotion under Bruce. 

16 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Makes me wonder if he's a better player for it, or if he'd be a better player if he'd been playing for a struggling side in the prem now.

Hard to see how he could be much better really, but definitely a blessing in disguise that we failed promotion under Bruce. 

I think those years in the Championship definitely improved him as a player - playing regularly for us and then becoming captain seems to have done wonders for his development (IMO he really stepped up another gear after getting the captaincy and has never looked back). I'm certain that he wouldn't have developed as well as a rotation player for Spurs or whoever and he could well have ended up as the latest young player to squander their potential. I remember there was talk of Leicester being in for him around the time they signed Maddison, and tbf that probably would've been a good move for him, but I'm sure he'd be happy with the way things turned out in the end.

One thing that is certain though is that he'd reached a point where he needed to be playing at the highest level, I'm so happy that we won promotion when we did, as for his own sake he really would've had to move for PL football at the end of that season had we not.

I also watched the the play-off final again last night and got a bit emotional. 100% my happiest day supporting this club.

10 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I think those years in the Championship definitely improved him as a player - playing regularly for us and then becoming captain seems to have done wonders for his development (IMO he really stepped up another gear after getting the captaincy and has never looked back). I'm certain that he wouldn't have developed as well as a rotation player for Spurs or whoever and he could well have ended up as the latest young player to squander their potential. I remember there was talk of Leicester being in for him around the time they signed Maddison, and tbf that probably would've been a good move for him, but I'm sure he'd be happy with the way things turned out in the end.

One thing that is certain though is that he'd reached a point where he needed to be playing at the highest level, I'm so happy that we won promotion when we did, as for his own sake he really would've had to move for PL football at the end of that season had we not.

I also watched the the play-off final again last night and got a bit emotional. 100% my happiest day supporting this club.

I think it was good experience for him playing in the championship.

Although he didnt get as much protection in that division, particularly from pitch side security.

• Like 1

Â