The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Almost definitely i'd say, but it would be in the realms of 200m+. No way they'd agree to anything less, and no way Jack would demand one, but its the norm for most footballers to have one these days

I doubt it mate. I could see it being around 100 million... 

The interest will never really go away and the 5yr deal doesn't massively affect whether or not he leaves. 
If he wants to go, we'll struggle to keep him, it will come down to whether UTD want to give us 100-150m for his services. The contract was just a massive payrise for Jack and it protects our asset. There may well have been a conversation during that contract negotiation whereby Jack says, 'We need to show progress and if we're not in x position at the end of the season, I want to leave'. 

All I'm trying to say is Jack could leave us. I don't think its cut and dried that he stays. If we take our bias away, you have one of the best players in the world, a pin up footballer playing for Aston Villa, a midtable club. How long can he resist the pull and how long can we match his ambition? 

If he does stay, he'll be the greatest player to have ever played for this club. Not just because of his ability, but because a player that would walk into any team in the world decided to stay with us during some dark times and fought to get us back where we belong. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I’ve just watched some of that video. He really does chat some shit, the arrogance and entitlement of Man U fans   is unbelievable. 

arrogance and entitlement i can cope with. lack of an ounce of research when you are doing youtube videos for thousands of followers is ridiculous.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

arrogance and entitlement i can cope with. lack of an ounce of research when you are doing youtube videos for thousands of followers is ridiculous.

thats man utd fans in a nutshell though

from my experience they're die hard man utd fans not football fans

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How long did Delph sign for 😂

Delph's contract situation in 2015 was drastically different as he was out of contract that summer and couldn't risk losing him on a free which probably explains the mesely £8m relese fee.

We are lightyears ahead of the Lerner years with our current owners thankfully.

Edited by The_Steve

I hope fans have learned the lesson from the condescending words from in particular United fans towards us regarding Grealish.

"He should leave Villa, small club" "everyone would love to join United since we are the bigger club".

Can we please not be douchebags towards other teams? Be respectful towards everyone (not bluenoses).

• Like 2

Jack has repeatedly said he doesn't want to leave.  He clarified that as long as we're showing progression he wants to stay. A top half finish this year, a decent investment next summer and he's going nowhere. If by next jan we don't look like making Europe, that's when he might start wanting to leave, but for now and for this summer he's going nowhere. 

11 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

The interest will never really go away and the 5yr deal doesn't massively affect whether or not he leaves. 
If he wants to go, we'll struggle to keep him, it will come down to whether UTD want to give us 100-150m for his services. The contract was just a massive payrise for Jack and it protects our asset. There may well have been a conversation during that contract negotiation whereby Jack says, 'We need to show progress and if we're not in x position at the end of the season, I want to leave'. 

All I'm trying to say is Jack could leave us. I don't think its cut and dried that he stays. If we take our bias away, you have one of the best players in the world, a pin up footballer playing for Aston Villa, a midtable club. How long can he resist the pull and how long can we match his ambition? 

If he does stay, he'll be the greatest player to have ever played for this club. Not just because of his ability, but because a player that would walk into any team in the world decided to stay with us during some dark times and fought to get us back where we belong. 

Well said. And that is exactly why he should stay. 

On 06/01/2021 at 18:36, It's Your Round said:

I’ve just watched some of that video. He really does chat some shit, the arrogance and entitlement of Man U fans   is unbelievable. 

I prefer to think of them as football tourists. Must Utd “fans” these days are like Liverpool fans in the 80’s they supported the side that wins the league every year and now they are a mix of not liking the idea of supporting a failing team and belief that Utd have a devine right to be top of the league and pick any player they like. They don’t really understand football Just the little Utd bubble they live in. Probably the type that wanted VAR because the only thing that matters is the right decision not the entertainment 

• Like 1

On 06/01/2021 at 18:36, It's Your Round said:

I prefer to think of them as football tourists. Must Utd “fans” these days are like Liverpool fans in the 80’s they supported the side that wins the league every year and now they are a mix of not liking the idea of supporting a failing team and belief that Utd have a devine right to be top of the league and pick any player they like. They don’t really understand football Just the little Utd bubble they live in. Probably the type that wanted VAR because the only thing that matters is the right decision not the entertainment 

On 06/01/2021 at 23:57, Vive_La_Villa said:

I doubt it mate. I could see it being around 100 million... 

Would be more than that for sure, £100M is about what we’d probably sell him for if we were open to doing so.

A release clause (non-conditional) would usually be crazily higher than market value to compensate for the fact that the transfer would be undesirable for the selling club.

• Thanks 1

Â