The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Unless there's a release clause in his contract that we have no idea about then I'm extremely confident of Grealish going nowhere. 

Just signed a fat new 5 year deal, will cost at the very least £100m and most importantly we're not some relegation fodder club now. Look at how quickly the club has improved, as long as we don't absolutely shit ourselves we should finish top half and even possibly knock on the door for Europe. That means a few more top quality players in, we'll improve yet again and so on. 

We managed to keep him last summer so right now I'm not worried in the slightest regarding his future. 

At least United fans don't go at Jack for being a diver. It's probably because they're a bigger club and have aspirations of getting him. It's usually the smaller jealous fans who harp on about that. 

We just have to get European football to entice Jack for another season, even if it is EL. Then go all out in the summer to buy a proper squad.

5 hours ago, Farlz said:

Unless there's a release clause in his contract that we have no idea about then I'm extremely confident of Grealish going nowhere. 

Just signed a fat new 5 year deal, will cost at the very least £100m and most importantly we're not some relegation fodder club now. Look at how quickly the club has improved, as long as we don't absolutely shit ourselves we should finish top half and even possibly knock on the door for Europe. That means a few more top quality players in, we'll improve yet again and so on. 

We managed to keep him last summer so right now I'm not worried in the slightest regarding his future. 

It’s nice you’re confident but I think you’re naive unfortunately. We are building something but I don’t think we can do it at the pace he would want. There has been no proper test of either ours or his resolve with a mega bid from a Champions League club yet. I would be amazed if one didn’t come in the summer. Pogba will leave Utd for big bucks and then they will have the finances and the hole in the squad to push for him. If he has a good Euros, he’ll be one of the most sought after players in Europe, which he probably is already. 

If we finish 6th-10th, it would be a great season for us after last season but would it be enough to persuade him to stay if a CL club put in a massive bid? I think we’ll have a battle on our hands but our owners are fantastic and will be well up for it. 

7 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Insecurity from the Ellis and Lerner years?  People can’t get their heads around the fact we are building something here

Exactly. People still haven't really understood that we have new owners here who are big boys. 

One of them just signed two-time-NBA MVP to a super-max contract of more than 200 million USD salary in five years. And that's in Milwaukee.

Grealish isn't going anywhere now, but obviously we need to have a plan to be bigger and better. I'm sure NSWE have it, and that's why Grealish just signed with us long term.

15 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s nice you’re confident but I think you’re naive unfortunately. We are building something but I don’t think we can do it at the pace he would want. There has been no proper test of either ours or his resolve with a mega bid from a Champions League club yet. I would be amazed if one didn’t come in the summer. Pogba will leave Utd for big bucks and then they will have the finances and the hole in the squad to push for him. If he has a good Euros, he’ll be one of the most sought after players in Europe, which he probably is already. 

If we finish 6th-10th, it would be a great season for us after last season but would it be enough to persuade him to stay if a CL club put in a massive bid? I think we’ll have a battle on our hands but our owners are fantastic and will be well up for it. 

If we finish 6th we are in the Europa League?

Jack happy to bench at United rather than lead out villa vs someone like Sevilla or Milan in the Europa league?

maybe if he’s getting a Messi contract at PSG for £500k a week then possibly.

Jack will not be on the bench at Utd, that's the thing. He'll be in that team and easily one of their best two or three players every game he plays. They stink and have a terrible "manager".

We've took a huge jump in quality this season but we need to heavily strengthen again going into next season if we want to keep him.

Be bloody exciting to watch this side grow.

On 02/01/2021 at 17:10, Spoony said:

Why is this thread always about Grealish leaving? I feel like he could literally buy the club and appoint himself as lifetime captain and people would still be speculating about him leaving. 

Because he's one of the best players we've ever had, and players anywhere near that good usually leave.

23 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Been on Redcafe and they are absolutely gushing over him.

What’s really annoying though is they seem to think he supports them.  I certainly can’t be arsed signing up but I’ve seen a couple of Villa fans post on there.  If any of you are on here then can you please put them right!

Arsenal fans and Liverpool fans also think he supports them. They always seem to find something that convinces them he's a supporter.

For arsenal it was one tweet saying he loved watching them play

14 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Didn’t Liverpool sell Coutinho for £140m?  That should be the starting point for bids not the touted £100m.

The only way his price should be £100m is if it's a buyout clause. 

On the assumption that there is no such clause (and I hope there isn't) I agree we should be looking for more than £100m IF he was being sold

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The only way his price should be £100m is if it's a buyout clause. 

On the assumption that there is no such clause (and I hope there isn't) I agree we should be looking for more than £100m IF he was being sold

I'd go further and say nothing less than a world record bid for us to respond with no. Anything less we should just reply **** off.

On 03/01/2021 at 08:35, WallisFrizz said:

No club has improved as much as we have over the last 2 seasons , if that continues then next year we should be competing with the top 4. Our owners don't need to sell. We are building something very special and Jack's at the heart of that .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tinker said:

No club has improved as much as we have over the last 2 seasons , if that continues then next year we should be competing with the top 4. Our owners don't need to sell. We are building something very special and Jack's at the heart of that .

we have done really well, but breaking in to the top 10 is one thing, breaking in to the top 6 or even the top 4, is an entirely and completely different thing.

Can we achieve it with the current setup if NSWE continue to invest?, ye i think so if all goes well, but lets not fool ourselves that investment naturally means we would break in to the top 4 ot 6 consistently.

Here's hoping though.

Another Jack leaving comment sorry

What really pisses me off about man utd fans, and even rio ferdinand now, is they talk so adamantly over signing him yet sound they've never actually watched him play, sell pogba and get him in... He's nothing like pogba, they play 2 different positions let alone roles, where do they put him? "Stick him in the middle behind Fernandes" 

They'll never change, can tell you the eye colour of their u15s goal keeper but couldn't tell you a damn thing about any other team or player in football, Liverpool fans are the same 

• Like 2

I’ve had enough of clubs getting the rub of the green. 

hope he dribbles, dives and does whatever he needs to do to get us the points vs Spurs and Everton. 

resigned to the fact people say he’s a full diver when he isn’t. 

happily Penalty our way to the top 6 when other clubs players “dive” as much as Grealish supposedly does. 

• Like 2

Shows

32 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

I’ve had enough of clubs getting the rub of the green. 

hope he dribbles, dives and does whatever he needs to do to get us the points vs Spurs and Everton. 

resigned to the fact people say he’s a full diver when he isn’t. 

happily Penalty our way to the top 6 when other clubs players “dive” as much as Grealish supposedly does. 

Most of the time players clatter into Jack or pull his shirt as they have no intention of winning the ball - they are already resigned to being beaten so its absolutely fair game that Jack uses it to his advantage! He anticipates the half arsed "tackles" and jinks the ball away. If players refuse or are incapable of not falling into the trap then that's their problem. Their fans will never see it this way obviously and if I'm in their shoes, yeah it's annoying but we have Jack you don't so quit your pathetic whinging. Winning free kicks is not diving, it's playing the game. I liken it to Ronnie O Sullivan playing snooker left handed. If you got the skill use it! 

Edited by birdman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, birdman said:

Shows

Most of the time players clatter into Jack or pull his shirt as they have no intention of winning the ball - they are already resigned to being beaten so its absolutely fair game that Jack uses it to his advantage! He anticipates the half arsed "tackles" and jinks the ball away. If players refuse or are incapable of not falling into the trap then that's their problem. Their fans will never see it this way obviously and if I'm in their shoes, yeah it's annoying but we have Jack you don't so quit your pathetic whinging. Winning free kicks is not diving, it's playing the game. I liken it to Ronnie O Sullivan playing snooker left handed. If you got the skill use it! 

Completely agree, I’d argue now we should be aiming to get jack in the box as much as possible, the more he is in that box our chance of a penalty goes up massively 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Another Jack leaving comment sorry

What really pisses me off about man utd fans, and even rio ferdinand now, is they talk so adamantly over signing him yet sound they've never actually watched him play, sell pogba and get him in... He's nothing like pogba, they play 2 different positions let alone roles, where do they put him? "Stick him in the middle behind Fernandes" 

They'll never change, can tell you the eye colour of their u15s goal keeper but couldn't tell you a damn thing about any other team or player in football, Liverpool fans are the same 

They just want to disrupt, what they see as the new pretender.....Villa rising from the ashes, just pisses them off, so they just wallow in disrupting us by unsettling our star player and the media just jump on the bandwagon.

The so called "top 6"( whatever that means)  are just awash with entitlement.

We now have 3 good teams in the Midlands Wolves,Villa & Leicester....about time too.

Edited by TRO

Â