The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Popped on to redcafe, the man utd forum for the craic and jeez, if you think we love jack on here you should take a look at that lot. He has his own thread with 8 or 9 pages since yesterdays game.

All want to sign him, obviously, many think he is a nob, many believe he is a utd fan, most think he is gettable, quite a few with an unhealthy obsession over the size of his calves. One particularly charming chap admitted that he would gladly stab a baby to sign him :o.

£100m seems to be the concensus on what he would cost them this summer. But no one baulking at that price as they think he would help them win the league

TBH I'd be shocked if we even contemplated selling him next summer. Our own needs are far greater than anyone elses. I'd also be gutted if he ever went to that club. No bigger set of nobs in all the land - bar sha of course.

6 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

He won't go before next summer, 2022, so , for me, we have 18 months, 3 transfer windows, to buy players , either to replace him, or encourage him to stay.

A good striker this transfer window, and Barkley in the summer,as long as he proves his fitness,  would be a minimum for me.

If we can finish the season strongly will be in a great position to make decent signings. Jack will be a big draw. 

3 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

What a crock of shit! So by your reckoning Leicester are a bigger club than us based on recent history? Lol. You ever heard of the term 'sleeping giants'? Big clubs fall on hard times all the time. They don't stop being big though.

Man City for example. Will never be bigger than the scum half of that city. Doesn't matter how successful they are they just won't. They've won titles galore in recent years yet couldn't fill the ground weekly even when successful. Why is that? Would we struggle to fill ours if we had that success? 

The likes of City, Chelsea etc are far more successful than us in recent years. Still not bigger clubs though. 

Make no mistake as poor as we have been until recently the size of a club is not only judged by what you have won. 

Chelsea and Man City can buy more expensive players than Manure without having to balance the books. (I know for FFP they have to but in reality they don't). Manure do. That's why they couldn't afford Sancho. That's why they couldn't afford Grealish.

Leicester because of recent success can buy better more polished players than us. And in a straight fight for a players signature they are in a better position to offer better wages.

How do you measure size? (Cue ken Williams gif's) . Being delusional doesn't breed success. And instead of calling something a crock of excrement read the whole post in future. Might actually help you form a coherent response.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Chelsea and Man City can buy more expensive players than Manure without having to balance the books. (I know for FFP they have to but in reality they don't). Manure do. That's why they couldn't afford Sancho. That's why they couldn't afford Grealish.

Leicester because of recent success can buy better more polished players than us. And in a straight fight for a players signature they are in a better position to offer better wages.

How do you measure size? (Cue ken Williams gif's) . Being delusional doesn't breed success. And instead of calling something a crock of excrement read the whole post in future. Might actually help you form a coherent response.

I thought I responded to your comments as a whole? By your definition we should be paying homage to the likes of Burnley, Brighton, West Ham and every other team in the PL that have managed to stay in it and pay players hefty wages whilst we were a small club in the championship.

Hopefully one day we'll be as big as Leicester and be able to fill a 30k stadium, have players as polished or even be as big as Wigan and win the FA cup again. Hopefully even get a draw against Liverpool again in the next 30 years.

Sarcasm aside, Aston Villa is a huge football club that had been poorly run for a number of years. All this, 'not big' is just nonsense. Even most opposing fans understand the size of the club regardless of the recent lack of success. 

If there is no clause in his contract, we simply reject any and all offers. Our needs and potential at present outweigh any sum of money we could get for what is the heartbeat of this club and more importantly the heartbeat of our upturn on the pitch. His output, stats and ratings have turned heads all across Europe, not just in Manchester.

If he discloses to NSWE that he wants to leave, I think theres a good chance they will reject that too. They seem pretty ruthless and focused on getting success at any cost. Jack’s quotes about “exciting project that he’s glad to be part of” may just have been soundbites or cliches after getting a payrise but id hold him to that. A project consists of a fair few seasons, not one then adios. The thought of us selling him to respect his wishes just doesnt suit us im afraid. We have our best chance now in a very long time to push on and Jack Grealish is central to that. As a lifelong fan I hope he can see that too. We’re in good hands with the owners and Dean Smith, I think they will be catering to Jack’s every need (probably paid his fine for him too) and will continue to do so in the transfer market to keep us moving toward the top.

31 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I thought I responded to your comments as a whole? By your definition we should be paying homage to the likes of Burnley, Brighton, West Ham and every other team in the PL that have managed to stay in it and pay players hefty wages whilst we were a small club in the championship.

Hopefully one day we'll be as big as Leicester and be able to fill a 30k stadium, have players as polished or even be as big as Wigan and win the FA cup again. Hopefully even get a draw against Liverpool again in the next 30 years.

Sarcasm aside, Aston Villa is a huge football club that had been poorly run for a number of years. All this, 'not big' is just nonsense. Even most opposing fans understand the size of the club regardless of the recent lack of success. 

Its bald men fighting over a comb, the whole "big club" argument is out dated, money talks I'm afraid, if Burnley offer a player £10k a week more than us then he will go to Burnley

And with FFP you're only as big as your shirt sponsor deal, in that regards Leicester are "bigger" than us, they're off buying £40m players like tielmans, he's not coming to us, we can't offer the fee the wages or the European football, it's a sad reality of modern football, the stadium size and fan base means very little anymore, especially when you start comparing our support in the west Midlands to their support in the east Midlands, that's all well and good but what about their growth on Thai social media???? The old measuring sticks are long gone 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

You highlighted my first sentence. Try reading beyond the first sentence in future.

As for my definition I didn't define the teams you have mentioned as big that's you finding things that don't exist. However some of those teams due to Premier League money can actually offer bigger wages than us due to FFP.

And had you read my original post completely you would have read that I wrote about us being the first giants of football and that other fans have forgotten that then you'd understand what my post was about. In modern times we are no longer seen as a big club. I also highlighted that the ingredients are there. 

Jack Grealish is a winner and if he doesn't get his ambitious fulfilled here and there's a clear progression towards the goals he has with Villa he'll look to move elsewhere. 

After he signed the contract he even said in that interview he wasn't sure if he'd be here.

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Why is this thread always about Grealish leaving? I feel like he could literally buy the club and appoint himself as lifetime captain and people would still be speculating about him leaving. 

because players of his quality don't play for mid table clubs...boyhood fan or not. they simply dont. it's a case of when rather than if. just the way it is unfortunately. it's why we really need to be pushing for europe now, rather than waiting 2-3 seasons. we have a chance to this season...we should buy in jan and really push to get there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Why is this thread always about Grealish leaving? I feel like he could literally buy the club and appoint himself as lifetime captain and people would still be speculating about him leaving. 

You think this is bad, check out the luiz one

26 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not many clubs in the world can afford him, but one that can has just had a manager who nearly signed him before. 

That was my first thought when the rumours started a few weeks ago.

With how close he seems to his family, I'm not sure playing in the French league would be enough to tempt him unless they made him an insane offer though. That and if they show this season they can be competitive in the CL again.

I don't worry too much as I chose to believe a few years ago that he will never want to leave and I'll keep believing that until he proves me wrong.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

That was my first thought when the rumours started a few weeks ago.

With how close he seems to his family, I'm not sure playing in the French league would be enough to tempt him unless they made him an insane offer though. That and if they show this season they can be competitive in the CL again.

I don't worry too much as I chose to believe a few years ago that he will never want to leave and I'll keep believing that until he proves me wrong.

Playing for psg is a lot easier than Spain for example. He can eurostar it in 2 hours. Didn't Joe Cole commute to Lille every day? It's a viable option I reckon

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

Playing for psg is a lot easier than Spain for example. He can eurostar it in 2 hours. Didn't Joe Cole commute to Lille every day? It's a viable option I reckon

The top Spanish teams have an enormous draw for players though. It's not that I don't think he'd be happy travelling to and from Europe and learning a 2nd language, it's that I'm not sure he'd think it worthwhile to play in Ligue 1!  I also don't know how easy it would be with freedom of movement having ended. 

6 hours ago, Spoony said:

Because fans aren't always fan's, Grealish will leave when the time is right for us all and it won't be to a premier league team. ManU were good yesterday but Grealish was by far the best player on the pitch, Pogba and Fernandez were bit bar players in comparison. He's the best player in the premier league.

24 minutes ago, tinker said:

Because fans aren't always fan's, Grealish will leave when the time is right for us all and it won't be to a premier league team. ManU were good yesterday but Grealish was by far the best player on the pitch, Pogba and Fernandez were bit bar players in comparison. He's the best player in the premier league.

Or we continue our upward trajectory eventually winning the league and cementing place in Europe, he becomes 1 club player, eventually retires and has stand named after him

• Like 3

Been on Redcafe and they are absolutely gushing over him.

What’s really annoying though is they seem to think he supports them.  I certainly can’t be arsed signing up but I’ve seen a couple of Villa fans post on there.  If any of you are on here then can you please put them right!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spoony said:

Insecurity from the Ellis and Lerner years?  People can’t get their heads around the fact we are building something here

• Like 3

Â