The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Ah this is great news. His Dad is a top man, fair play. As much as I love England, football is about sport and I'd never let my son grow up not understanding his heritage. Hope Jack goes on to be a complete hero of mine. 

His Dad's as Brummie as they come. Having grown up with a lot of Birmingham born mates with Irish grandparents I can understand why it's not a simple decision for him; I suspect just about all of them would choose Ireland though, and I suspect he will too. I'm happy with that in all honesty, it'll save him a lot of trouble in the long term.

Ah this is great news. His Dad is a top man, fair play. As much as I love England, football is about sport and I'd never let my son grow up not understanding his heritage. Hope Jack goes on to be a complete hero of mine. 

His Dad's as Brummie as they come. Having grown up with a lot of Birmingham born mates with Irish grandparents I can understand why it's not a simple decision for him; I suspect just about all of them would choose Ireland though, and I suspect he will too. I'm happy with that in all honesty, it'll save him a lot of trouble in the long term.

Seeing how England fans moan so much about Delph despite him playing pretty well for England I could completely understand why Grealish would prefer Ireland. 

Was his dad born in Birmingham or Ireland? I always thought he was born in Dublin but I've seen that he went to school in Birmingham so wondering if he moved there as a child or was born there.

i think its a smart move to pick Ireland as he'll have a much better chance of playing international football.

I said this on twitter and got caught in a shit storm. Some bloke said i talk shit and am boring because of it.

i think its a smart move to pick Ireland as he'll have a much better chance of playing international football.

If that's the case, I think ppl need to stop getting incredibly excited about his potential.

Edited by Woodytom

If that's the case, I think ppl need to stop getting incredibly excited about his potential.

Am I missing something? Why does the country he declares for have anything to do with his potential, or lack of it?

• Like 1

Yeah it's been a mess really. stemming from the U21 problem. That players can switch the country they play for when they are adults is a bone of contention. 

No doubt some people would feel very angry if he'd declared for England after all the time he's spent with Ireland at under age. 

He should just make the decision and move on with his career. He has a big season ahead to try make his mark at Villa, international football should and is always secondary to Villa. 

Am I missing something? Why does the country he declares for have anything to do with his potential, or lack of it?

I said that on twitter. I have had to turn my notifications off;

24y2z60.png

2upvmzc.png

Paul said that hel have a much better chance of playing for Ireland. I assume that he said this because Ireland are not as good as England/England have better players and more players.

My point is that if he is anything worth getting overly excited about, hel be able to get in either side.

Paul said that hel have a much better chance of playing for Ireland. I assume that he said this because Ireland are not as good as England/England have better players and more players.

My point is that if he is anything worth getting overly excited about, hel be able to get in either side.

That's quite a jump from what he said.

• Like 1

That's quite a jump from what he said.

Well I'm not sure there are many reasons why it would be more likely he would play international football if he chose Ireland.

Â