The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

We can assume from the fact he's not getting starts, coupled with his performances when he has been on the pitch that he's not quite ready.

That's my judgment You may disagree. But I don't think he needs to start for me to make that judgement.

It's not really your judgement then. You're just saying the manager hasn't started him yet therefore he isn't ready to start. So if say he starts on Saturday, then all of a sudden he is ready.

Interestingly, Lambert's media mouthpiece - James Nursey - reported that he came very close to starting him on the opening day.

Grealish, whose best position is left-sided attacking midfield, was so good in pre-season Lambert nearly started him at Stoke on the opening day.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-youngster-jack-grealish-4104558

We can assume from the fact he's not getting starts, coupled with his performances when he has been on the pitch that he's not quite ready.

That's my judgment You may disagree. But I don't think he needs to start for me to make that judgement.

It's not really your judgement then. You're just saying the manager hasn't started him yet therefore he isn't ready to start. So if say he starts on Saturday, then all of a sudden he is ready.

Nope, it's a combination of what I've seen of him and the manager's judgment. If he started on saturday then it would depend on how he performed and if he was consistent. Delfouneso started games for us but he was never ready to be a "starter" (i.e. more than just a one off)

Nope, it's a combination of what I've seen of him and the manager's judgment. If he started on saturday then it would depend on how he performed and if he was consistent. Delfouneso started games for us but he was never ready to be a "starter" (i.e. more than just a one off)

I don't think that he's done much wrong in his cameos myself. Against Hull, the second-half consisted of sitting back and protecting the lead. It is difficult to for any offensive players to make a big difference in the midst of that but he did try to make some things happen which is why he was hacked at will by the Hull players.

Against Arsenal and probably due to the effects of the virus, the aim of the second-half was purely to ensure that we didn't concede any more goals. I wouldn't expect Cristiano Ronaldo to offer much if pretty much all of his touches were in his own half. Grealish only came on because Weimann was ill anyway.

And during the City game again he came on when the opposition were in the ascendency. Sure, he had a couple of tough moments against Zabaleta but then that can happen when (arguably) the best right-back in the league is concerned.

All in all, I highly doubt that any of our players would've done particular better coming on in the same scenarios.

John Fallon is a freelance writer and knows his stuff and is well clued in with what's going on with the younger lads, Times is a very credible paper over here too, not some rag paper reporting it.

Edited by Dirtysanchez

Would be hard to do a u-turn but it wouldn't count if he did play vs USA anyway, could still play for England after

IF we are winning against Scotland and its comfortable I could see him getting capped in that game to ensure he sticks with us, I stress the word if there as this is highly unlikely to happen.

Ah this is great news. His Dad is a top man, fair play. As much as I love England, football is about sport and I'd never let my son grow up not understanding his heritage. Hope Jack goes on to be a complete hero of mine. 

I don't think that he's done much wrong in his cameos myself. Against Hull, the second-half consisted of sitting back and protecting the lead. It is difficult to for any offensive players to make a big difference in the midst of that but he did try to make some things happen which is why he was hacked at will by the Hull players.

Against Arsenal and probably due to the effects of the virus, the aim of the second-half was purely to ensure that we didn't concede any more goals. I wouldn't expect Cristiano Ronaldo to offer much if pretty much all of his touches were in his own half. Grealish only came on because Weimann was ill anyway.

And during the City game again he came on when the opposition were in the ascendency. Sure, he had a couple of tough moments against Zabaleta but then that can happen when (arguably) the best right-back in the league is concerned.

All in all, I highly doubt that any of our players would've done particular better coming on in the same scenarios.

I don't disagree.

But what he hasn't done is anything that's made me say "This guy should be starting these games"

That's my point.

Again, I'm not knocking him. I'm sure he'll become a very good player for us.

I just don't think it's going to be immediately.

But I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong.

he probably hasnt been helped by Villa start in that we have played 4 big boys and when he was going to come on vs Newcastle, Cissokho got injured. the 2 games that think he can really be judged are the HUll game when he got kicked up and down and Stoke which was his debut

Good that he seems to have a sense of humour about it. Think the Irish media are getting desperate about it when he should be allowed play football and develop he is just a kid. Look at pressure Sterling is taking at the moment and it should be a reminder 

Â