The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Hey guys Kev again,

Ermm for those of you that dont know via jacks twitter or through anywhere else. Within the past hour Jack has been assigned a sqaud number and has been given the shirt number 41. He could be on the bench tomorrow against chelsea we have been told.

Great stuff he was sensational for ireland 17s last week won 2penos and scored a cracker in 3 games. Ireland and villa legend. Trapatonni loves a good winger Jack!

Fantastic that he has been assigned a squad number, he has looked very good everytime I've seen him come on for the reserves or youth, very technical, low centre of gravity. Who is the youngest player to play for our first team and what age was he when he made debut?

Cheers guys means a lot. Theres a lot of competition and hes only young so whether he gets on or not (providing he gets picked is another matter) remains unknown. But its great news for us being villa fans, and ive just realised he hasn't put it on his twitter yet... so you're the only people that know so far shhhh ahaa ;D

That's brilliant news. Congrats mate. All I know of him is from the praise he gets from Woodward. What is he, 16?

Yeah basically 16 and a half. Birthday is 10 september 1995.

Cheers guys means a lot. Theres a lot of competition and hes only young so whether he gets on or not (providing he gets picked is another matter) remains unknown. But its great news for us being villa fans, and ive just realised he hasn't put it on his twitter yet... so you're the only people that know so far shhhh ahaa ;D

That's brilliant news. Congrats mate. All I know of him is from the praise he gets from Woodward. What is he, 16?

Yeah basically 16 and a half. Birthday is 10 september 1995.

Shit, that's almost 20 years younger than me! I'm getting old.

All the best to him though, he seems to get some praise on here so I wish him success.

Jack turned up in the Holte suite after the match to join with family and friends.At the end of the match he did his first "shirt swapping" with none other than Big Fat Frank. Lots of photos taken of him in his Villa shirt holding the Lampard shirt. Lets hope he gets a game soon.

Wow superb news for him. Great to see such a young talent get a place on the bench.

I havent seen him play. is he that good or is he just another bannan/allbrighton????

Wow superb news for him. Great to see such a young talent get a place on the bench.

I havent seen him play. is he that good or is he just another bannan/allbrighton????

I think if he was that good we would have seen him already. Especially with the current state of the squad. Rooney was making appearances and having an effect at the age of 16. Not once have we had that with any of these young lads - which tells me that not one of them will be world class.

I think if he was that good we would have seen him already. Especially with the current state of the squad. Rooney was making appearances and having an effect at the age of 16. Not once have we had that with any of these young lads - which tells me that not one of them will be world class.

And what would your definition of 'world class' be?

world class players are few and far between. i would be happy if he turned out to be a decent premiership player,

bannan and allbrighton are clearly not at prem level in the slightest

Messi didn't make his debut until he was 17 so that is complete rubbish

world class players are few and far between. i would be happy if he turned out to be a decent premiership player,

Way to quote a post and provide a completely irrelevant answer...

Way to quote a post and provide a completely irrelevant answer...

tuesday

One of the best players in the world or even league.

We never have them. We can't buy them so we have to create them and atm we dont seem to be.

We just seem to be gettin excited about the likes of Bannan, Delfouneso, Gardner etc - all of whom initially dont look like theyre even worth getting excited about.

Of course there is still time, but name me one player out of the 10/15 over the last season or so who has consistently been very good. Theyre not all going to be top notch of course, but not one could you hand on heart say yes, look at him in prem league company - hes going to be top class.

Â