The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

3:52. He absolutely clatters Jack's shin with his knee. A little higher and he could have broken his leg I'd imagine. Leeds fans at the game were braying all game about him diving. Dumb words removed.

Yup that's the one, they complained about him diving for it. Like I said, we can't take anything they say seriously afterwards

That tackle is a proper "got the ball" so it's a fair tackle myth

Its also not a dive is it? Always on the floor... That tackle is designed to put him on his ass, the defender knows exactly what he's doing, it's a proper put one on him type tackle 

20 hours ago, a-k said:

Or the Ayling dive vs Leicester? Or Samuel Saiz vs Hull? Or Adryan vs Derby?

Maybe they are just pointing out how "pathetic" his "dive" was compared Leeds players' Oscar-winning ability.

Leeds after 16 years of being irrelevant will soon be back to being the most hated team in football

• Like 1

This made me smile 

Aston Villa have valued forward Jack Grealish at £100m with the price rising all the time, according to reports in the Daily Telegraph.

The England international, 25, has been heavily linked with a move to Manchester City of late

Skysports.com transfer centre

£100 million? Might have been at the start of the season,  but look at the progress he's made since. 

That article is a joke to fill the gap left by the fact our game has been postponed and they won't have any of Jacks wonderful football to talk about. 

I'd wager there isn't a single quote from Villa in the original telegraph article, although I'm not paying to find out. 

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

That article is a joke to fill the gap left by the fact our game has been postponed and they won't have any of Jacks wonderful football to talk about. 

I'd wager there isn't a single quote from Villa in the original telegraph article, although I'm not paying to find out. 

These are always bloody ridiculous articles. Like any member of the board/backroom staff would ever tell a journalist how much their star player is worth. So did Purslow invite the journalist in and give them a cup of tea and say so we want £100m for Grealish then?

I genuinely wouldn't sell him for £500m+. He's absolutely irreplaceable. I'd say he's in the top 5 players in world football right now and will one day be number 1.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

3:52. He absolutely clatters Jack's shin with his knee. A little higher and he could have broken his leg I'd imagine. Leeds fans at the game were braying all game about him diving. Dumb words removed.

Nice headlock by the cheat

bamford.jpg

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Absolutely abhorrent tackle. Just watch Grealish's leg. It kind of shudders and nearly buckles. If his studs got caught in the grass, that is potentially a career ender. Absolute thug.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TRO said:

I could write pages on the superlatives of this kid....He is a wonderful artist.

but lets just switch focus for a minute.....Rarely have i seen a player of ours take so much stick, probably Andy Gray, that is the sort of company he is in for the battle, Andy was fearless.....and so is Jack.

He comes off the park as if he just left the battle field at Agincourt, his drive, his will and his endeavour is a sight to behold......He never switches off from looking for openings and never shy's away from flying boots....he is a battle hardened wizard

IMO he rarely dives, just helps the Ref make the right decision.....He draws fouls like Maradona & George Best, mostly legitimate.....I am not saying he is as good as them, yet.....but that is the level of attention he gets from would be assassins....they have to, there is no other way to stop him, other than fouling.

I have not got words to praise this kid for his Bravery, a true Celt in his makeup.....A William Wallace on the park, I only wish it rubbed off more on the others more.

We can all marvel at his undoubted talent, take some time out to focus on the true warrior he is.

He makes me feel so proud, every time I watch him play.

Spot on.

I've given up trying to describe what its like to watch him as a villa fan but that articulates perfectly.

It doesn't get any better than this. None of us will see another player come close.

The rest of the lads need to get their arse in gear. Barkley was a big step but we can't be losing this f**ker!

Edited by villanmac
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Spot on.

I've given up trying to describe what its like to watch him as a villa fan but that articulates perfectly.

It doesn't get any better than this. None of us will see another player come close.

The rest of the lads need to get their arse in gear. Barkley was a big step but we can't be losing this f**ker!

It's laughable listening to other teams fans green with envy, and trying to say how he's crap at this or that. It's like a kid getting an Atari for Xmas and his mate getting a PlayStation 5, "The Atari is a nicer colour" 

It's a joy to watch him, once in a lifetime opportunity for us all. Get some half decent players around him and we will win something..... The FA Cup would be a nice start. 

Im looking forward to seeing what the next few transfer windows bring. We made a great start in the summer, NSWE, CP and DS must have painted a very enticing picture to Jack in regards to the moves we’ll be making. I really hope its a case of give it a few years rather than lets see what we’ll do this season because our squad depth i feel will hinder us doing anything too spectacular this season.

We need Jack fully focused on the possibilities here rather than poor form sewing any seeds of doubt into his head if the likes of Utd/City actually do come in with £100m in the summer.

I like to think he wouldnt ask to leave but he did say himself in an interview at Burton in the cup that he’d only just decided to stay the day before so clearly CL football/a move was on his mind to some extent. He switched agents recently too to the same on Bale has. Just need to keep getting results and progressing. Signing Barkley permanently would give us some indication too, hopefully Fat Frank isnt greedy and green lights that for us in the summer. They hardly need him.

28 minutes ago, tinker said:

It's laughable listening to other teams fans green with envy, and trying to say how he's crap at this or that. It's like a kid getting an Atari for Xmas and his mate getting a PlayStation 5, "The Atari is a nicer colour" 

It's a joy to watch him, once in a lifetime opportunity for us all. Get some half decent players around him and we will win something..... The FA Cup would be a nice start. 

Tbf it's only SHA fans that still can't bring themselves to say what a fantastic player he is.

Fans of other clubs (namely, Wolves, Albion, Leeds and Newcastle) are now going extra hard with this perceived cheating thing.  The Fornals incident wasn't great tbf but boy have they leapt on it.  Does just seem to be fans of these 5 clubs though, RedCafe's main discussion points on Monday's game were about how good he was.

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Tbf it's only SHA fans that still can't bring themselves to say what a fantastic player he is.

Fans of other clubs (namely, Wolves, Albion, Leeds and Newcastle) are now going extra hard with this perceived cheating thing.  The Fornals incident wasn't great tbf but boy have they leapt on it.  Does just seem to be fans of these 5 clubs though, RedCafe's main discussion points on Monday's game were about how good he was.

I don't get the problem with this. Fornals clearly took a needless swipe at Grealish's knee.

15 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I don't get the problem with this. Fornals clearly took a needless swipe at Grealish's knee.

Leeds fans were the same ones going on about how Allioski had to go to ground and roll around for 5 minutes to ensure Pepe was sent off. 

It's 100% all jealousy. They're secretly seething at how good the player they thought Pablo Hernandez was better than actually is.

7 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I had to 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/12/02/price-jack-grealish-aston-villa-say-clubs-will-need-break-british/

Aston Villa believe Jack Grealish is worth at least £100 million which leaves any interested clubs facing the prospect of having to make the England international the most expensive British player in history to stand a chance of signing him.

Grealish has been in superb form for both Villa and England this season, and scored his fifth Premier League goal of the campaign in Monday night’s 2-1 defeat to West Ham United.

The goal meant that, together with his five assists, only Tottenham Hotspur duo Harry Kane (16) and Heung-min Son (11) have been involved in more top-flight goals so far this season.

Kane and Son are both valued at well over £100m by Spurs, while Borussia Dortmund wanted more than that figure from Manchester United for Jadon Sancho last summer.

Villa had valued Grealish at around £70m after his first season back in the Premier League, but they did not receive a single serious bid for the 25 year-old and secured him to a new five-year contract.

Advertisement
Advertisement

With the security of that deal, together with his elvatation into the England squad and the impact he is having on Premier League games, Villa now believe Grealish’s value has jumped up to at least £100m.

Grealish’s popularity has grown beyond Villa fans thanks to his appearances in an England shirt and he has earned comparisons with Paul Gascoigne and most recently Eden Hazard from Telegraph Sport columnist Jamie Carragher.

Gareth Bale remains the most expensive British footballer after his £89m switch to Real Madrid in 2013, while central defender Harry Maguire cost Manchester United £80m in 2018.

Barring an unexpected ridiculous offer, there is no chance of Grealish leaving Villa in January and the club still believe they can convince him to stay next summer if they can enjoy a good season.

Villa’s wealthy owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens are under no pressure to cash in on Grealish and have proved their ambition with expensive raids into the transfer market during the last two summer windows.

But Villa will know they could face a battle to keep Grealish next summer if they again finish in the bottom half of the Premier League, with the player eager to keep progressing.

Premier League 2020/21 latest standings (top 10)

English Premier League

Team P W D L GD Pts
1 Tottenham Hotspur 10 6 3 1 12 21
2 Liverpool 10 6 3 1 5 21
3 Chelsea 10 5 4 1 12 19
4 Leicester City 10 6 0 4 5 18
5 West Ham United 10 5 2 3 6 17
6 Southampton 10 5 2 3 3 17
7 Wolverhampton Wanderers 10 5 2 3 0 17
8 Everton 10 5 1 4 2 16
9 Manchester United 9 5 1 3 0 16
10 Aston Villa 9 5 0 4 7 15

Interest in him could also stretch beyond the Premier League and clubs such as United and Manchester City if he does well at the European Championships with England.

Comparing Grealish to Hazard, who moved from Chelsea to Real Madrid for £130m in 2019, Carragher said: “Another player I do want to compare him to, because of the position he plays, is Eden Hazard. In this left side of a front three, he's got a similar sort of build, powerful legs, backside as well.

"How many times did we see Eden Hazard release that burst of pace? He's probably a bit quicker than we give him credit for. He's different in that position, he's not Sterling, Mane, Salah who's going to make penetrating runs all the time in behind, he's going to come to feet more often than not. When he's running at people, it's round the edge of the box.”

The Telegraph values your comments but kindly requests all posts are on topic, constructive and respectful. Please review our commenting policy.
Show comments

It looked like playacting but he did it for a reason. There must have been 10+ fouls on him before that incident and the ref just wasnt booking anyone. He felt the kick and rolled around to finally get the ref to take action. It even went to VAR and Fornals got booked so those Spammers can zip it. There was noone in the refs ear saying Jack simulated contact, he should be the one penalised was there? They talk about cheating, then what do you call Ogbonna holding Watkins in the box? They got away with it big time all game long. Dirty side who deserved nothing with their 2 ventures past the half way line

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â