The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I'm not concerned about opposition fans having a tainted view of Grealish's theatrics,  as long as it doesn't affect the referee's inclination to award a foul when one is due. My concern is purely around the fact his diving reputation will lead to him actually getting even less protection from referees than he already does.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'm not concerned about opposition fans having a tainted view of Grealish's theatrics,  as long as it doesn't affect the referee's inclination to award a foul when one is due. My concern is purely around the fact his diving reputation will lead to him actually getting even less protection from referees than he already does.

The fact is the refs still give him fouls while this opposition backlash continues

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The fact is the refs still give him fouls while this opposition backlash continues

They do...for now.  Tbh, its probably a completed unfounded fear as players like Ronaldo and Hazard have never stopped winning fouls despite their propensity for diving. Maybe one a player reaches that level of elevation he is given special consideration by refs

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

See all the West Ham fans are calling Grealish a cheat and we got what we deserved. God I hate that club. 

We got what we deserved for rank bad defending, and poor finishing that is all.....The poor officiating, that should have awarded a penalty, is hardly what we deserved.

we had a penalty and we needed another one......where is the conviction?

Its funny how Carragher said Ollie should have gone down and because he stayed up, he never got the award......there is no pleasing some folk( west ham fans)

If Jack keeps getting fouled, he will go down......he is just helping referees( all inc stockley park) make the decision, they should be making anyway.......The ones where he dives, id few and far between.....He actually wants to score, he makes runs that suggest it ,too

17 hours ago, woody153 said:

Am I seeing this right? A leeds fan posting videos of Jack Grealish "diving" after actual contact?

O really? Does Bamford getting El Ghazi sent off by diving come to mind at all? Short memory, perhaps? 

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:

Am I seeing this right? A leeds fan posting videos of Jack Grealish "diving" after actual contact?

O really? Does Bamford getting El Ghazi sent off by diving come to mind at all? Short memory, perhaps? 

And Bamford diving after treading on Mings ankle going off for 'treatment' too...

They're just jealous.

Every club in the league would kill to have Grealish in their team. SO they attack him instead

Leeds have never and will never have a player as good as Jack

• Like 1

Jack is class and we all know it. But when a player as good as Jack dives the way he did after that kick out of course there will be a backlash. If for example Hourihane did the same do you think anybody would care?

He could do with reigning it in just a bit though. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, woody153 said:

There's a new "School for Grealish Theatrics" thread on waccoe, 7 pages in 12 hours 😃

There is no doubt he is a good player but this stuff can never be defended.

Not by ayling or bamford or any player at any level 😇

we talked about this for a lot of last week in the leeds thread (by talked about i mean maybe 50 comments in a week)

alioski dived, got pepe sent off but he "has to do it to get the foul noticed"

grealish gets kicked, dives...hundreds of comments from leeds fans criticising him, the hypocrisy is ridiculous

• Like 2

Players don't care how bad it looks on camera. If it wins a free kick then job done. Yes the game has gone soft but so has the officiating. Jack took a late whack to his leg and it would have been ignored had he not dropped to the deck. He gets kicked every game, mainly becaue he's one step ahead of the opposition. 

I bet Watkins will go to ground next time as well! 

How many players have been sent off for fouling Jack? I cannot remember anyone off the top of my head. Yes people get booked, but the fouls he obtains are rarely sending off offences. That said he has received a few tackles for yellow which iMO should be red. Pretty sure Leeds clattered him early on which should have been a red. 

7 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Or the Ayling dive vs Leicester? Or Samuel Saiz vs Hull? Or Adryan vs Derby?

Maybe they are just pointing out how "pathetic" his "dive" was compared Leeds players' Oscar-winning ability.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

we talked about this for a lot of last week in the leeds thread (by talked about i mean maybe 50 comments in a week)

alioski dived, got pepe sent off but he "has to do it to get the foul noticed"

grealish gets kicked, dives...hundreds of comments from leeds fans criticising him, the hypocrisy is ridiculous

This is the issue for me. I said in the Leeds thread that I had no issue with Alioski going down and would encourage any of our players to do the same. This from Grealish is exactly the same situation and again I'd encourage any of our players to go down when kicked off the ball.

Its the Villa fans who criticise Alioski but defend this and the Leeds fans who do the opposite that annoy me more than anything. 

On a side note I'd separate both Grealish and Alioski from dives like Bamford, Ayling and Fernandes. If a yellow or red card offence is committed which otherwise would go unnoticed then fine. Its when you're diving around with no contact at all that I have the issue.

As for the thread on Grealish on a Leeds forum which reached 7 pages in 12 hours, I genuinely don't know what to say. Its what you'd expect from Blues fans albeit they wouldn't have the fan numbers to reach 7 pages in 12 hours. I take it as a show of how good Grealish really is and how easily he rattles the fans of other teams. 

My suggestion to fans of teams who criticise him for spending half the game on the floor is that they look at why their own players feel the need to spend the majority of the game kicking him at every opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

As for the thread on Grealish on a Leeds forum which reached 7 pages in 12 hours, I genuinely don't know what to say. Its what you'd expect from Blues fans albeit they wouldn't have the fan numbers to reach 7 pages in 12 hours. I take it as a show of how good Grealish really is and how easily he rattles the fans of other teams.

They basically are Blues fans.

• Like 1

In all honesty we should automatically block Leeds fans in the Jack Grealish thread. Their views are horrendously biased. Look at the video after we played them they made showing Grealish "diving", they were all fouls and 1 should have been a red card despite their guy winning the ball as it was a potential leg breaker. 

Better yet just block Leeds fans on this forum. They are absolutely obsessed with us so let them read it without being able to comment. Let them spout their nonsense on their own forum that we don't bother reading because we don't care about the views of little Leeds fans

On topic, Grealish is **** ace just keep him away from cars please 

• Like 1

Â