The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think it's worth pointing out that i was ridiculed at the start of this thread for praising this wonderful football talent

No you weren't.

Nobody on this board would ever be ridiculed for praising a 14/15 year old in our academy.

In this particular thread you were ridiculed for saying he'd be ready for the first team when he was 16 (which he wasn't), that he'd be 10 times the player that Adam Johnson is (He could well be better than Johnson, but 10 times better is ambitious) and for previous comments about Delfouneso being better than Drogba.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I think it's worth pointing out that i was ridiculed at the start of this thread for praising this wonderful football talent

No you weren't.

Nobody on this board would ever be ridiculed for praising a 14/15 year old in our academy.

You were ridiculed for saying he'd be ready for the first team when he was 16 (which he wasn't), that he'd be 10 times the player that Adam Johnson is (He could well be better than Johnson, but 10 times better is ambitious) and for previous comments about Delfouneso being better than Drogba.

And a certain 'once in a generation' footballer who's name I can't even remember now.

signing up to an agency. tosspot, that's him being even more of a **** pain to negotiate contracts with. He'd better be good I'll say that much

You don't think a teenage boy should have professional help negotiating a contract with a professional club's executives and lawyers?

I'm curious why not. I hope when my son signs his first Villa deal in 2025 that he has someone who understands the legal terminology and can get him a wage in line with his colleagues.

He was on the first team bench at 16, so the club obviously thought he was ready

I like him. He's very promising and I hope he'll be as good as we hope he is.

But he's not ready for the first team now, let alone when he was 16.

You were right, Grealish is good and will be very good. But like I said, that's not why people were ridiculing you.

• Like 1

But he's not ready for the first team now, let alone when he was 16.

We won't know until he is actually given some starts.

We can assume from the fact he's not getting starts, coupled with his performances when he has been on the pitch that he's not quite ready.

That's my judgment You may disagree. But I don't think he needs to start for me to make that judgement.

• Like 3

Surely being on the bench means he is ready for the first team since he's...in the first team.

If he wasn't ready for the first team he'd still be in the reserves/u21s.

I took it to means the first XI. i.e a starter.

If he means the first team squad, then yes he's ready now.

But he wasn't when he was 16, even if he appeared on the bench the odd time.

Â