The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

41 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Just remembered that perfect ball through to Elmo towards the end. Defence splitting and superbly weighted, only for Elmo’s first touch to spaz it out of play and ruin any chance of an opportunity. 

Yep.  This is going to be the kind of thing to make him question what the hell he's still doing here.

Grealish was brilliant again last night. I really don't care about his supposed diving. He gets kicked pillar to post every game and doesn't get what he should. 

Other players need to immediately raise their levels.

Every free kick he won was a foul.  However his little theatrics from the Fornal challenge (after the whistle had gone) was embarrassing and Bamford esque.

Football wise he was absolutely outstanding but unfortunately it's not what most people are talking about.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Grealish was brilliant again last night. I really don't care about his supposed diving. He gets kicked pillar to post every game and doesn't get what he should. 

Other players need to immediately raise their levels.

Diving originated as a mechanism for the best players to avoid getting the shit kicked out of them constantly. See Pele in the 1966 WC where he went home injured, Maradona in that cup game against Bilbao. Don't blame the divers, blame the players who resorted to kicking the shit out of the most talented players because they hadn't any other way of stopping them. That's why diving is prevalent in the game.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Every free kick he won was a foul.  However his little theatrics from the Fornal challenge (after the whistle had gone) was embarrassing and Bamford esque.

Football wise he was absolutely outstanding but unfortunately it's not what most people are talking about.

Absolutely agree with this.  It is a shame he did that (with Fornals) because now all those Wet Spammers are feeling justified in calling him a diver which massively annoys me and, as you say, is grabbing all of the headlines.

Although you have then got Carragher saying that Ollie should have gone to ground when Ogbonna grabbed him (for the late VAR goal) to have made sure that he wins the penalty!!  In one breath they are saying that you have to do that and in the other criticising players for exaggerated responses to ensure that contact is picked up.  

10 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Absolutely agree with this.  It is a shame he did that (with Fornals) because now all those Wet Spammers are feeling justified in calling him a diver which massively annoys me and, as you say, is grabbing all of the headlines.

Although you have then got Carragher saying that Ollie should have gone to ground when Ogbonna grabbed him (for the late VAR goal) to have made sure that he wins the penalty!!  In one breath they are saying that you have to do that and in the other criticising players for exaggerated responses to ensure that contact is picked up.  

I actually think that pundits are a bit hypocritical about the var situation in general. For years post game analysis has been spent on criticising the refs and linesmen for getting things wrong and using their own technology to prove it to the nth degree.

Now they are moaning that refs are using the same tech to try to prove the same thing.

Of course refs don't help themselves when they use the tech and still get the decision wrong but that's a whole different story

I thought it was embarrasing the dive, and it was a weird reaction from him. Other than that, if we had a striker who converts chances into goals at the same rate as Haaland or Lewandowski, Grealish would have easily more than double digits assists.

Â