The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, JB said:

I can’t believe people are moaning about him going down dramatically once or twice instead wondering at some of the stuff he did with the ball tonight. Phenomenal. A once in a lifetime talent. 

Why can't we do both?

I don't like over play acting from even the world's best.

With him it frustrated me more, because all the opposition fans have yet another clip and stick to beat him/us with.

Furthermore it's poor form. Smart simulation I don't mind, but blatant pisstake theatrics I don't. Our player or not.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Yeah ok champ, bit like driving the getaway car in a bank robbery...

Bit like that, although in the UK you can't get done for being an accessory to drinking. Designated drivers tend to be judged less than getaway drivers.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why can't we do both?

With him it frustrated me more, because all the opposition fans have yet another clip and stick to beat him/us with.

Furthermore it's poor form. Smart simulation I don't mind, but blatant pisstake theatrics I don't. Our player or not.

Yeah fair enough. It’s not ideal, I agree. But he was so good tonight, and we’re in such a privileged position to have him,  that I can’t help thinking we should be marvelling at things like that turn in the box rather than moaning about him doing something negative that most other footballers do as a matter of course. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Yeah ok champ, bit like driving the getaway car in a bank robbery...

There is no evidence grealish was drunk or over the limit. It was at 10 o'clock the following morning which may have been enough time for his BAL to be below the limit. 

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why can't we do both?

Yeah it isn't a good look but the replay shows a clear foul even if his reaction is delayed. 

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why can't we do both?

My issue with it is that kicking somebody off the ball when the game has stopped is a blatant yellow card. Would it have been given if he didn’t go down?

The fact that Watkins got strangled in the box with no penalty awarded because he didn’t go down is part of the problem here. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

He was class tonight and this is the kind of game where his misfiring team mates will make him think, what the **** am I doing here.

I'll tell you what, I've started to realise alot of this is our paranoia/fear of losing im as well.

I've been watcing alot more Football since the beginning of this season, and one thing ive learned is that ALL teams and players have misfiring teamates, people who miss sitters, fall over their feet etc, not just us. Its made me feel a little better. Its the fine margins which matter.

I'm sure for all that he still sees the progress and knows the big picture, I think he is realistic enough to know the article can't be finished in a window.

We defo need more investment though

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

7 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

My issue with it is that kicking somebody off the ball when the game has stopped is a blatant yellow card. Would it have been given if he didn’t go down?

The fact that Watkins got strangled in the box with no penalty awarded because he didn’t go down is part of the problem here. 

Thank you, refs give you no recognition if you don't go down. Grealish had to go down for fornals to have been registered as fouling jack. Which was the correct decision yes I think fornals being booked is harsh but it definitely was a foul. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Thank you, refs give you no recognition if you don't go down. Grealish had to go down for fornals to have been registered as fouling jack. Which was the correct decision yes I think fornals being booked is harsh but it definitely was a foul. 

It would be a harsh booking if the game was still going on. Fornals kicked out at Grealish when the game had already been stopped. It’s a yellow card all day long. The fact that he’s then allowed to commit a further ten fouls over the course of the game annoys me more than Grealish going down softly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

It would be a harsh booking if the game was still going on. Fornals kicked out at Grealish when the game had already been stopped. It’s a yellow card all day long. The fact that he’s then allowed to commit a further ten fouls over the course of the game annoys me more than Grealish going down softly.

The game hadn't been stopped yet. Grealish was on his way to the floor before the whistle had been blown. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

The game hadn't been stopped yet. Grealish was on his way to the floor before the whistle had been blown. 

I may well be wrong but I’m not sure we even got the foul. I think the game had been stopped for a West Ham free kick before the little tangle between Fornals and Grealish happened. 

Thought jack was so much better than anyone else in a Villa shirt tonight it was embarrassing. I really would like to see us get a few more in who are nearer his level. We’re all worried he’s going to leave and nights like this don’t help dispel the nervousness. Get Barkley fit asap please.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, birdman said:

Regardless of the VAR nonsense he must be extremely frustrated with some of his team mates tonight. Just not good enough.

It’s the fact that at times some of them just stop clearly just to watch him and what he’s going to do. 

He’s such an unbelievable talent it’s a pro elegy to have him playing for us. 

He’s put up a post in insta about VAR. Hope he doesn’t get any ban for it (we all know the witch hunt that can happen with players). 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

There is no evidence grealish was drunk or over the limit. It was at 10 o'clock the following morning which may have been enough time for his BAL to be below the limit. 

There was a witness that he appeared to be intoxicated. People wanting to make excuses because it’s Jack, only he knows the truth. And just because there was no breathalyser doesn’t mean he wasn’t under the influence, legal or not.

The issue is  a Villa captain should have never put himself in that predicament. 

Just now, QldVilla said:

There was a witness that he appeared to be intoxicated. People wanting to make excuses because it’s Jack, only he knows the truth. And just because there was no breathalyser doesn’t mean he wasn’t under the influence, legal or not.

The issue is  a Villa captain should have never put himself in that predicament. 

There’s also a picture with him at the scene with one slipper and one flip flop on. I mean it doesn’t mean anything I suppose but it’s not exactly helping the impression the whole thing gives off. Hopefully he’s learnt his lesson from this incident and that stops anything worse happening in the future.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s the fact that at times some of them just stop clearly just to watch him and what he’s going to do. 

Indeed and need to do more damage when dominating but most of all cut out conceding soft goals that put us on the back foot early doors. Dean needs to address the zonal marking issues as it's killing us!

28 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

There’s also a picture with him at the scene with one slipper and one flip flop on. I mean it doesn’t mean anything I suppose but it’s not exactly helping the impression the whole thing gives off. Hopefully he’s learnt his lesson from this incident and that stops anything worse happening in the future.

At least he wasnt wearing crocs.

• Like 1

Â