The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, tinker said:

Why is it, because you don't live there and the police don't patrol there , oh no you would rather rant about a speeding fine... .. Anyway dropping out of this discussion as it seem to have attracted some self righteous hill Billy's .😖

He's been done for crashing his vehicle whilst intoxicated and tailgating at speeds over 95mph.  It's not self righteous to think he's been a clearing in the woods here.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

The question has to be asked, why is he still captain?

because the club are scared that he'll get the hump and force through a transfer probably.

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

The question has to be asked, why is he still captain?

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

because the club are scared that he'll get the hump and force through a transfer probably.

I might be wrong but I can't really think of a club that would remove their captaincy for traffic offenses.

Lloris got an enormous fine and ban for a more egregious drink driving offence than Jack's and is still Spurs captain AFAIK

Maguire battered someone and then tried to bribe the police and he's still United captain AFAIK

Edit - Deeney was Watford captain last season and he went to prison for booting someone's head in while at the club

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I might be wrong but I can't really think of a club that would remove their captaincy for traffic offenses.

Lloris got an enormous fine and ban for a more egregious drink driving offence than Jack's and is still Spurs captain AFAIK

Maguire battered someone and then tried to bribe the police and he's still United captain AFAIK

Edit - Deeney was Watford captain last season and he went to prison for booting someone's head in while at the club

Terry, Gerrard as well kept the captaincy after incidents

6 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Marcos Alonso, while not a captain, is surely the worst example. Managed to kill someone while drink-driving and speeding in rainy conditions.

43 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

The question would be then what message is the club sending to its supporters when in a week were it was highlighted that the club had the largest reported instances of hate crimes by its supporters and wants to stamp it out, but no consequence for its best player when he puts his life and others at risk while driving under the influence?

Its easy to make statements, it’s another to show leadership and make tough decisions.

1 minute ago, QldVilla said:

The question would be then what message is the club sending to its supporters when in a week were it was highlighted that the club had the largest reported instances of hate crimes by its supporters and wants to stamp it out, but no consequence for its best player when he puts his life and others at risk while driving under the influence?

Its easy to make statements, it’s another to show leadership and make tough decisions.

I think you're conflating two completely unrelated issues there.

I think Grealish should be fined and banned from driving for several years but ideally the club will spin it into a positive rather than removing the armband. Either by having a drink driving awareness campaign that Grealish is involved in, or some kind of charity initiative for the victims of drink driving.

• Like 1

Has he actually been charged with "drink-driving" or whatever the official name on the offence is? I don't think he has from what I've read. And surely if you're found to be under the influence at the scene of an accident, you are automatically disqualified from driving. No? In Ireland the take the license from you there and then. In Germany, where I now live, the same. Do they not do this in the UK?

Now I'm not saying that he wasn't drunk during that lockdown incident. He looked pretty worse for wear in those photos but I don't think that is one of the charges. So to say strip him of the captaincy and so on based on drink driving when, from what I've seen, that isn't one of the charges would be pretty difficult.

I am not condoning what he did in any way but I just don't see how there are grounds for removing the captaincy.

7 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

surely if you're found to be under the influence at the scene of an accident, you are automatically disqualified from driving

Well that’s why some people might flee the scene in those circumstances...

Not the first person to be a great footballer but a bit of a clearing in the woods and won’t be the last - even at this club. Clearly should lose his licence but luckily for him the money he has means he’ll never want for a chauffeur.

21 hours ago, TRO said:

some say the blues have more fans in Birmingham than Villa.....but Villa score higher on the outlying area's.

Some say they’re a big club but nobody believes that either. 

My uncle and 3 cousins on my Mom’s side were/are all noses. When I was a little lad and was “chosen”, all I heard from them was what a big club Blues were. We were in the third division and I knew no better than to believe them.

They even took me and my Dad to the temple of doom. Then one day, well it was a night game  actually, vs Wrexham, Dad took me to Villa Park and I was smitten. I think I was 8 and we sat up stairs in the wonderful old Trinity Road. The old place wrapped it’s arms around me and said, “welcome home son”.

My first sight of the pitch, the noise, the smell and of course the magnitude of the mighty Holte End I viewed in awe from afar. The start of a journey so many of us have been on, a love that no matter how heart breaking it can be, never dies. 

Meanwhile across the city, I watched the “big club” drag itself along. While we rose to the very highest of heights they lived in a world where ten thousand is more than fifty thousand  and winning the European Cup isn’t a big deal compared to the Fairs Cup. 

In their glory years they entered three competitions every season. Beat The Villa at home, beat The Villa away and stay up. They don’t even qualify for the first two now. 

Big club 😂

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Essentially what supporters are saying is we don't want to do anything that would impact the chances of Aston Villa winning football matches. That is the most important consideration here, all discussion about morals or legality is secondary. 

Ideally we need to punish him without punishing ourselves.  In any other job unless you need driving for a living, then you wouldn’t be punished at work or should I say it affects your ability to work.  Obviously when in the spotlight it’s different.  

I don’t think morals and legality is secondary but we shouldn’t be punished for his actions.  There are other ways of being punished without affecting on the pitch.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ideally we need to punish him without punishing ourselves.  In any other job unless you need driving for a living, then you wouldn’t be punished at work or should I say it affects your ability to work.  Obviously when in the spotlight it’s different.  

I don’t think morals and legality is secondary but we shouldn’t be punished for his actions.  There are other ways of being punished without affecting on the pitch.

Heavy fines. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Heavy fines. 

Yeah, I’d prefer combo of fines and community work.  They hate being fined but they already have stacks of money, I’d like them to learn from it doing community free work preferable around this topic.  More likely to learn a lesson if he had to meet and help victims or their families that have suffered by driving offenders.

• Like 3

Â