The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, why use shite examples of people who totally destroyed their lives and health to excuse certain behaviour? If he got caught in a coke binge would we reference Rick James or Bobby Brown, or Amy Whiteouse as examples of why its ok?

Im certainly no Saint myself, but these lads live charmed lives, are made ridiculously rich and famous, in exchange (Especially as Captain ) they are expected to uphold a certain standard and imae, bit for themselves, their employers and the kids wo look up to them.

They literally just have to sacrifice 10 - 15 years of their lives playing the game they love, and then they can ride off into the sunset and snort Ketamine from Katie Prices anus to hearts content  if they want for all I care.

Im pretty sure with ANY job you are expected to old certain standards, x 100 for such a high profile job and employer.

I feel a part of the problem is that some of you catapult him to a position were he is almost beyond criticism, and it just may be partially responsible for his attitude to certain things ( Even on the pitch ). If it were Matt Targett or El Ghazi for example, te attitude would probably be different.

On another note I think some people might just genuinely be worried that he might have some self destructive tendencies which might not bode well for the future.

Im certainly not losin sleep over it, but some people are right to be concerned. 

Ive just had a mate get out of prison after 10 years, had a great career, extremely intelligent and on is way to the top, booze and drugs ruined that, and no one saw it coming. Ive also had similar experiences in the past, so yeah, its a slippery slope.

Havin said that, it could also equally be Mountain out of a molehill type stuff and Much Ado about nothing.

It winds me up enough to have to read positive articles about him then see comments from neutrals/haters like " Drink driving scum" etc under alot of them.

10DE669B-8641-467B-84D4-26F9A6E8A431.jpeg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Sounds like a normal trip down the Autobahn here in Germany, only there are people here who do that kind of thing at speeds of 150mph instead. I guess there are just tosspots everywhere.

That will be because of the proliferation of BMW's in their home country. 

It's the same here, there are just less of them. 

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

BMW, Mercedes, Porsche. They're all made here and their opinion is more or less what's the point in buying one of the high spec ones if you're going to drive it normally.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

some BMW drivers thinks there's a different speed limit for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

That is dick head behaviour of the highest order however you look at it. 

You see that kind of aggressive tailgating all the time and it's so dangerous, it leaves zero room for any emergency stop. 

And I use that M42 Junction a lot.   It's a very confusing and complicated stretch of motorway and people are always suddenly moving lanes, there is the junction, the continuation of the motorway and the toll road all going on in a short stretch. 

You bomb through there at 98mph when some confused motorist suddenly moves lanes and someone of going to die. 

I once had a big crash there when they were building that junction. Got sandwiched between two lorries because some idiot cut in further up the road to get off at the junction and made somebody jam their brakes on. I was very lucky that the huge flatbed lorry that ploughed into the back of my car was unladen.

As much as I love Jack and think he's the best player I've ever seen at Villa I hope they throw the book at him for this. If he can make this go away just by throwing money at it I'll be fuming.

2 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Sounds like a normal trip down the Autobahn here in Germany, only there are people here who do that kind of thing at speeds of 150mph instead. I guess there are just tosspots everywhere.

It's a normal trip on any UK motorway and yes 90% of drivers are at it. In fact driving in France was a delight compared to the UK roads. Just a shame that the best player we have ever had is being judged by people who don't know the facts and read to much from rumours. I don't know the background of any posters on here but from where I'm coming from, East Birmingham, this type of offence is not what people are judged on. I could tell you 1000'S of terrible things people do to others that far outweigh what Jack's done and they don't even get a mention in the press or even a visit from our police force, who seem intent on focusing on high profile cases while Rome burns in the background, pathetic Internet driven drivel. 

• Confused 1

Getting involved in an accident while drunk, while already having six points on your licence, and having another charge outstanding for driving intimidatingly close to someone at 90mph, should have you looking at a custodial sentence IMHO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tinker said:

It's a normal trip on any UK motorway and yes 90% of drivers are at it. In fact driving in France was a delight compared to the UK roads. Just a shame that the best player we have ever had is being judged by people who don't know the facts and read to much from rumours. I don't know the background of any posters on here but from where I'm coming from, East Birmingham, this type of offence is not what people are judged on. I could tell you 1000'S of terrible things people do to others that far outweigh what Jack's done and they don't even get a mention in the press or even a visit from our police force, who seem intent on focusing on high profile cases while Rome burns in the background, pathetic Internet driven drivel. 

This is a complete load of rubbish. 90% of drivers are not doing what he did at all.  Crime in East Birmingham is a totally irrelevant argument in deciding whether the reckless driving of a PL and England player is a newsworthy story. 
I get that people have their opinions on the police but they weren’t stalking him outside his house waiting for him to do 35 mph in a 30. They saw him tailgating people on the motorway at 98mph. Of course they pursued a prosecution. I’d be far more critical if they sent him in his way with a cheery “up the Villa”. 

As a footballer, he great and I hope he stays but he deserves a driving ban and I hope it acts as a wake up call. I actually can’t believe he didn’t learn his lesson from his lockdown antics.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

This is a complete load of rubbish. 90% of drivers are not doing what he did at all.  Crime in East Birmingham is a totally irrelevant argument in deciding whether the reckless driving of a PL and England player is a newsworthy story. 
I get that people have their opinions on the police but they weren’t stalking him outside his house waiting for him to do 35 mph in a 30. They saw him tailgating people on the motorway at 98mph. Of course they pursued a prosecution. I’d be far more critical if they sent him in his way with a cheery “up the Villa”. 

As a footballer, he great and I hope he stays but he deserves a driving ban and I hope it acts as a wake up call. I actually can’t believe he didn’t learn his lesson from his lockdown antics.

Why is it, because you don't live there and the police don't patrol there , oh no you would rather rant about a speeding fine... .. Anyway dropping out of this discussion as it seem to have attracted some self righteous hill Billy's .😖

Edited by tinker

Just now, tinker said:

Why is it, because you don't live there and the police don't patrol there , oh know you would rather rant about a speeding fine... .. Anyway dropping out of this discussion as it seem to have attracted some self righteous hill Billy's .😖

You have no idea where I live 😂 but cheerio.

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

Why is it, because you don't live there and the police don't patrol there , oh no you would rather rant about a speeding fine... .. Anyway dropping out of this discussion as it seem to have attracted some self righteous hill Billy's .😖

Isn’t East Birmingham mainly bluenose? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Three streets in Small Heath,  couple in Sheldon and a squat down the Stratty Road is about the full extent of Noseland. 

mainly, Chelmsley Wood & Solihull, all down the Coventry Rd Corridor, Hay Mills,Yardley,Sheldon, Solihull.

I was born in Small Heath, I just seen the light.....When I was a kid I used to sneak down Muntz St to my home, from a villa game, determined not the hide my colours, but avoid a hiding at the same time....it was hard work, until I got bigger and bought a car.

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Three streets in Small Heath,  couple in Sheldon and a squat down the Stratty Road is about the full extent of Noseland. 

some say the blues have more fans in Birmingham than Villa.....but Villa score higher on the outlying area's.

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

some say the blues have more fans in Birmingham than Villa.....but Villa score higher on the outlying area's.

I’ve heard this many times but find it quite amazing that if this is the case the majority of them never find the way to St Andrews unless we are playing

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tinker said:

Driving at 90+mph whilst tailgating someone is not worthy of just a speeding fine, as others have mentioned it is lethal behaviour and 90% of people do not do it.

The fact he's done this a few months after an accident that he left the scene of,  having also broken lockdown regulations at said accident is clearly the actions of an idiot that holds no respect for the law. If you also think he wasn't drunk in the incident that's your prerogative... for me, any person who leaves a friends house at that time in morning, that then shows they're incapable of driving without smashing up 3 cars,  and leaves the area before any form of authority arrives is hiding only one thing (and it's not their shame at being caught mingling when they should have been staying at home).

Edit: 4 cars, not 3... and also wearing one slipper and one sandal.  

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

Â