The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

18 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I would rest him against Brighton 

Last season at VP i thought they were quite impressive , I'm not sure we'd have beaten them had they stayed with 11 men

That said , we are a different team from last season , maybe we can start with Jack and rest him at half time when we are 4 up :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Last season at VP i thought they were quite impressive , I'm not sure we'd have beaten them had they stayed with 11 men

That said , we are a different team from last season , maybe we can start with Jack and rest him at half time when we are 4 up :)

They were the best visiting team I saw at VP last season. They ripped us to pieces. We absolutely robbed threw points from them!

1 hour ago, TRO said:

This is not going to be a dead cert , by any stretch of the imagaination.

Exactly ! Watched them destroy Man U and completely outplay Chelsea and Spurs. No ideal how they left all 3 games with nothing!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Exactly ! Watched them destroy Man U and completely outplay Chelsea and Spurs. No idea who they left all 3 games with nothing!

They are very good and Potter knows how to set up a team according to the opposition they are playing in order to exploit any weaknesses. That Man U game was a joke. They should have had about 5 goals.

We may well lose to Brighton we're capable of losing to anyone if we're not at our best, but they're one of these teams that has become overrated for some reason, they're not actually that good, finished 15th last season on 41 points, 17th the season before on 36 points, have taken around 40 points from their last 38 league games, and are struggling again this season, three of their last four games have been against Palace, Burnley and West Brom, so it's not as if they've had the most difficult fixtures.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, useless said:

We may well lose to Brighton we're capable of losing to anyone if we're not at our best, but they're one of these teams that has become overrated for some reason, they're not actually that good, finished 15th last season on 41 points, 17th the season before on 36 points, have taken around 40 points from their last 38 league games, and are struggling again this season, three of their last four games have been against Palace, Burnley and West Brom, so it's not as if they've had the most difficult fixtures.

I think its a wise observation.....and I think Luiz and McGinn are central to us being at our best, the double pivot they pose ,is crucial to playing well or not......Jack is our talisman and Barkley too aids and abetts him, but they are the engine room in a 4-2-3-1

Trez is also raising his profile in an ever confident team, just needs to ensure, his work rate is maintained......becoming a regular danger at the back post, ghosting in.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TRO said:

This is not going to be a dead cert , by any stretch of the imagination.

If we start getting ahead of ourselves, be ready for the consequences.

you start a losing run and its hard to shake off.....we have to be a "at it " tomorrow.

I agree that we cannot be complacent but no reason why we shouldn't be confident. I am concerned about energy levels after the international games and just hope Dean will react decisively if any of the players are struggling.

On 17/11/2020 at 18:06, Vive_La_Villa said:

Still think he’s not featuring in the Euro’s mate?

He will be starting the first game.

So you think he's starting ahead of Rashford and Sterling when they're back fit? Not to mention Greenwood who will be back in the squad I'm sure.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe. If he doesn’t he will definitely come on as sub.

In 1 or 2 games maybe. To answer your question I still don't think he'll play in every game, which was the bet. Featuring is another matter 😏

25 minutes ago, est1874 said:

So you think he's starting ahead of Rashford and Sterling when they're back fit? Not to mention Greenwood who will be back in the squad I'm sure.

Sounds like Sterling only plays for England when it suits! Maybe he'll drop down the pecking order... 

Mam utd fans are a right special breed

"I think we can get him for £40m plus Phil Jones or Romero" 

You would have thought that after the sancho debacle they would have learned that he's worth whatever we say he's worth 

And just like sancho that number will be one they can't afford 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Mam utd fans are a right special breed

"I think we can get him for £40m plus Phil Jones or Romero" 

You would have thought that after the sancho debacle they would have learned that he's worth whatever we say he's worth 

And just like sancho that number will be one they can't afford 

Yeah we're really tripping over ourselves to get Romero to be *checks notes*, 4th choice goalkeeper.

• Like 1

Â