The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

It'll be around age 28 where if we've hit a ceiling, then I think he might seriously consider going somewhere for silverware. I doubt money is the issue, because we'll keep increasing his wages and he'll soon start making a fortune from his marketability as an England international and YouTube fanboi favourite. Trophies are the only thing he needs.

Would quickly sign-up, if anyone offered 3 more years of Jack at the club.

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I think at a certain level (Grealish, Messi, Pele) positions become irrelevant when you have the ball. It is more about where we want him when we don’t have it. When we do he will rightly go where he wants.

So literally in the same "bracket" as Messi and Pele  🤩

• Like 1

It’s funny this talk of Cowans and Grealish on here.

Grealish for me is the finest player Villa have ever had.He has more natural talent than any Villa player I have seen(Dwight Yorke close)

But Cowans is certainly very close as greatest ever Villa player.They were completely different players,Cowans had great long and short passing,great dead ball delivery,great engine and good at tackling.He served us well went to Italy(broke his leg I think) signed by KennyDalglish  for Blackburn then came back to us and was still brilliant.But he always gave everything and had a huge part in our greatest successes.

Although Cowans was from Durham he felt like one of ours because he came as a youth.We are so blessed to have  Grealish,a player of so much natural talent who plays the game with a smile on his face.

We will look back on this time as a golden period.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, blandy said:

The single, most imprinted, most clear, most gobsmacking memory I have of a moment in a game is exactly that. Stoke away, early 80s, midweek, Victoria ground, glistening wet pitch, Sid, a long pass down the line, backspin, perfect, impossible for a mortal.  I think we won 1-0. How did he do that? Genius, that’s how, just pure natural talent.  11 or 12 thousand people saw it, but I can still remember the ball coming towards me, behind the goal and defying physics.

I made it back to the pub before closing time, too.

only 'cause Sid let you

I don’t really understand how the England games tell us anything about Jack’s position.

The PL is a much higher level of football than international football. Iceland are basically a League One side, and we all know Jack was class through the middle in the Championship.

I think this role of starting wide but coming inside suits Jack well. Plenty of top “number 10” players have had a lot of joy in this role - C Ronaldo, Messi, Hazard... I think Smith is using Grealish correctly.

• Like 1

Havent been on for a while - great to be back on page 1874! Anyway, came up with a new song for Jack if anyone's interested, to the tune of danny boy, so a nod to his Irish roots. May need some tweaking! 

Oh jacky boy, The holte the holte is calling

The trinity, and witton side by side

You’re one of us, we love to see you flying

Home and away, you’re Aston Villa’s pride

You beat the blues, they’re always in your shadow

In England's white we watch you in full flow

So we’ll be here in good times or in fallow

cos jacky boy oh jacky boy we love you so

• Like 3

Anyone else see Lampard on Sky yesterday talking about Southgate, Mount, and England?

Appeared to have a slight dig at Jack with references to step overs flicks and tricks. 

Probably still bitter about the Play of final with Frank Lampards Derby! 

9 minutes ago, sherl said:

Havent been on for a while - great to be back on page 1874! Anyway, came up with a new song for Jack if anyone's interested, to the tune of danny boy, so a nod to his Irish roots. May need some tweaking! 

Oh jacky boy, The holte the holte is calling

The trinity, and witton side by side

You’re one of us, we love to see you flying

Home and away, you’re Aston Villa’s pride

You beat the blues, they’re always in your shadow

In England's white we watch you in full flow

So we’ll be here in good times or in fallow

cos jacky boy oh jacky boy we love you so

Awkward Erm GIF by Dyo

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

Grealish for me is the finest player Villa have ever had.He has more natural talent than any Villa player I have seen(Dwight Yorke close)

But Cowans is certainly very close as greatest ever Villa player.They were completely different players,Cowans had great long and short passing,great dead ball delivery,great engine and good at tackling.He served us well went to Italy(broke his leg I think) signed by KennyDalglish  for Blackburn then came back to us and was still brilliant.But he always gave everything and had a huge part in our greatest successes.

Although Cowans was from Durham he felt like one of ours because he came as a youth.We are so blessed to have  Grealish,a player of so much natural talent who plays the game with a smile on his face.

Sid came down with his family from Durham.....i think his dad was a coach with us (and had some thing going on with greyhounds)......hence sids early association with us.

Edited by TRO

10 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

When I look back at the great young players that came through our academy. Little, Cowans, Shaw, Walters, Daley and now Grealish. We'll never know how great Shaw could have been because his career was over in his early 20s, but he was european young player of the year  in 1982 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

When I look back at the great young players that came through our academy. Little, Cowans, Shaw, Walters, Daley and now Grealish. We'll never know how great Shaw could have been because his career was over in his early 20s, but he was european young player of the year  in 1982 

Gary shaw was fantastic....rarely got caught in possession, brilliant awareness, clinical striker...arrived at just 17.....fabulous player.

• Like 2

I do find it interesting that Arsenal/Spurs fans etc. seem to genuinely think if they had the money, he would go there.
We could easily match the wages they'd give him (they typically don't overpay) and I doubt he'd leave to go to a club that *might* get into the Champions League this year.

If Grealish goes anywhere, it will be to..
Man City because they could pay him extremely handsomly and they're a great side. 
Liverpool, because they're a huge club, a great side and have a good manager.
United because they're a huge club and they'll throw obscene money at him.
PSG because...PSG.
Barca/Real because it's Barca/Real. 

He isn't leaving for Spurs or Arsenal. Do you really think they have 100m+ to spend on one player? Arsenal had to sell their best keeper to us to fund a deal for a midfielder for christ's sake. There's more chance of him going to Southampton than Arsenal. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Arsenal fans are getting to that Utd level of begging now 🤦‍♂️ 

It was tough enough for him  carrying Villa for a few years , his back wouldn't cope with carrying that Arsenal team :)

43 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I do find it interesting that Arsenal/Spurs fans etc. seem to genuinely think if they had the money, he would go there.
We could easily match the wages they'd give him (they typically don't overpay) and I doubt he'd leave to go to a club that *might* get into the Champions League this year.

If Grealish goes anywhere, it will be to..
Man City because they could pay him extremely handsomly and they're a great side. 
Liverpool, because they're a huge club, a great side and have a good manager.
United because they're a huge club and they'll throw obscene money at him.
PSG because...PSG.
Barca/Real because it's Barca/Real. 

He isn't leaving for Spurs or Arsenal. Do you really think they have 100m+ to spend on one player? Arsenal had to sell their best keeper to us to fund a deal for a midfielder for christ's sake. There's more chance of him going to Southampton than Arsenal. 

On top of that, their best player, who they've just convinced to sign a contract where they'll pay him about £60m in over the next 3 years, plays LW.

There is unironically more chance of us winning the league this season than them signing Grealish.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, blandy said:

The single, most imprinted, most clear, most gobsmacking memory I have of a moment in a game is exactly that. Stoke away, early 80s, midweek, Victoria ground, glistening wet pitch, Sid, a long pass down the line, backspin, perfect, impossible for a mortal.  I think we won 1-0. How did he do that? Genius, that’s how, just pure natural talent.  11 or 12 thousand people saw it, but I can still remember the ball coming towards me, behind the goal and defying physics.

I made it back to the pub before closing time, too.

Could talk about Sid for hours... great great player and guy. Got to play against him once as well which was an experience!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Arsenal fans are getting to that Utd level of begging now 🤦‍♂️ 

A word to the wise. 

If you're going to beg anyone for anything, do not start your plea with "Bro" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

It was tough enough for him  carrying Villa for a few years , his back wouldn't cope with carrying that Arsenal team :)

i seriously think, that a move to arsenal right now would be a backward step for him

arsenal may finish above us, but he would 100% have to carry that midfield. he's no longer carrying ours

• Like 1

Â