The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

37 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

agreed , he coasted a lot of that game like it was a friendly  , think he's passed his audition and will be one of the first names on the squad list now

I said in the England thread as I slagged off Foden for being rubbish ( clearing in the woods then went and scored 2 goals to make me look daft :) ) , but Jack was kind of give and go , keep it simple , keep the ball moving , draw fouls as required   .. Foden , Kane and to a degree Mount was all about me me me , England would have had 5 or 6 had those 3 been less selfish

TBH, Southgate has created that atmosphere with the team.   He has been telling the players, through the media, that they need to be outstanding every game or they'll be dropped for one of the others on the bench. 

The Grealish + Douglas Luiz to City rumours are horse shit. Lazy journalism 101.

They'll definitely enquire about, and maybe buy, Douglas Luiz (but that's been obvious ever since he arrived...) and Grealish will be on every top club's radar. Beyond that, there's no real reason for Villa to allow it to happen. Whatever City are prepared to pay will be less than his spiritual, footballing, and financial value to this football club. If he was desperate to leave we'd know about it by now.

It'll be around age 28 where if we've hit a ceiling, then I think he might seriously consider going somewhere for silverware. I doubt money is the issue, because we'll keep increasing his wages and he'll soon start making a fortune from his marketability as an England international and YouTube fanboi favourite. Trophies are the only thing he needs.

22 hours ago, colhint said:

So we are going to win the Euro's . We have 1 big advantage. Every player will have to have a squad number on their shirt, but we will have an extra player, no number it'll just say 

Grealish 

MOTM

I'd give him his own No..........007

Edited by TRO

The more I watch Grealish for England, the more I think he’s definitely a no.10. 

If we had good wingers, we’d be deadly with Grealish behind Watkins. He’s good on the left wing by virtue of being one of the best players in the world, not because it’s his natural position. 

With Barkley here, he isn’t going to play that role, which is fine, but if he went to a team like Man City/Liverpool, I don’t think he’d be playing on the left. Not a chance. 

Superb player. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The more I watch Grealish for England, the more I think he’s definitely a no.10. 

If we had good wingers, we’d be deadly with Grealish behind Watkins. He’s good on the left wing by virtue of being one of the best players in the world, not because it’s his natural position. 

With Barkley here, he isn’t going to play that role, which is fine, but if he went to a team like Man City/Liverpool, I don’t think he’d be playing on the left. Not a chance. 

Superb player. 

I think at a certain level (Grealish, Messi, Pele) positions become irrelevant when you have the ball. It is more about where we want him when we don’t have it. When we do he will rightly go where he wants.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Superb player. 

100% this. That’s what I was hoping for last summer, but no complaints with him left and Barkley in the middle. If he doesn’t stay after the summer then I’d love to see Jack play 10 for us.

If Southgate is going to get Kane, Rashford, Sterling & Jack on the pitch then I think that’s where he has to play for England in the Euros. 

51 minutes ago, TRO said:

But could still put a ball on a sixpence, like Hoddle.

If you told Sid to put the ball on a sixpence he would ask if you wanted the Rose, Thistle, Leek or Shamrock. 

Hoddle would miss the Queens head. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

If you told Sid to put the ball on a sixpence he would ask if you wanted the Rose, Thistle, Leek or Shamrock. 

Hoddle would miss the Queens head. 

Yes Hoddle was the media darling. Perryman made him look good

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Still never seen anyone put back spin on a pass the way Sid used to do.

The single, most imprinted, most clear, most gobsmacking memory I have of a moment in a game is exactly that. Stoke away, early 80s, midweek, Victoria ground, glistening wet pitch, Sid, a long pass down the line, backspin, perfect, impossible for a mortal.  I think we won 1-0. How did he do that? Genius, that’s how, just pure natural talent.  11 or 12 thousand people saw it, but I can still remember the ball coming towards me, behind the goal and defying physics.

I made it back to the pub before closing time, too.

• Like 2

Â