The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Thug said:

Ok, I love Jack.. 

but he had a quiet game.

This surprises me.

I was thinking that.  It sounds like a fan vote, while it's good that he is obviously capturing the attention of loads of fans I'm worried it could go the other way and eventually there is a backlash, knowing the English public.  He really wasn't man of the match but then he knew it was a game he could cruise through.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thug said:

Ok, I love Jack.. 

but he had a quiet game.

This surprises me.

yeah he did have a quiet ish game by his standards, but tbf nobody else set the world on fire.

Foden prob deserved it, but grealish played ok, he nearly created 2 or 3 chances, looked busy and did his usual nonchalant thing.....like a boss.

tbh.......my missus hates football.....and even she has watched the last few games and keeps saying "that grealish is an exciting player isn he".

I say...."do u fancy him or summat?"...............but.....if he can get my missus excited to watch anything football related cus he's a silky exciting player.....just imagine the appeal he has to the general footballing audience.

as soon as grealish was subbed she put im a celebrity on immediately lol  :)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I was thinking that.  It sounds like a fan vote, while it's good that he is obviously capturing the attention of loads of fans I'm worried it could go the other way and eventually there is a backlash, knowing the English public.  He really wasn't man of the match but then he knew it was a game he could cruise through.

Yh exactly what worries me.

if In another 5 games time he hasn’t scored and assisted, all of a sudden he will be the most overhyped player of all time.

He really was MOTM in the previous 2 games. This one takes the shine off the other 2.

• Like 1

I think Phil and the fact he scored a couple along with a very good game is what kept MOTM away from Grealish or should of but that's just me. I think if Phil had of just had a very good game I reckon it would of been Grealish who Knicked it without a doubt. Everytime Grealish got on that ball Iceland got scared. When Iceland started to come back into the game abit in second half and England lost a couple of gears, looked slow it was Grealish who was the only player still with that Tempo and trying to get England Rallied back up. Even the commentators noticed that and one said he is showing England captain qualities with lightning displays where Grealish is trying to raise the Tempo.

Grealish is a fantastic Technically gifted player and credit to Phil tonight he looked every bit on par with Jack but in different ways, Fodens quality shone.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm not so sure, I think Grealish deserved it but like I said it was Phild goals alongside his very good game. I would still say Foden wasn't everywhere and as creative as what Jack was and you can see why Grealish got the nod on the award. All throughout  the game until subbed off Grealish was so dangerous that he may not of got a goal or assist but he was sure included in the moves leading upto the goals. Grealish was a devil to be fair.

On 06/07/2010 at 02:02, Mr_Dogg said:

I await this Messi/Van Basten/Xavi hybrid.

Only took 10 years I guess.

Oozed quality tonight, but no way he was man of the match, and glad he recognised that despite being given it by BT Sport.

There's a team to be built around him with England, and I'm not sure Kane is part of it. DCL seems a better fit to me based on the games he played in. Kane looked very poor tonight; Wasteful and clumsy. Guess that isnt his usual self. The biggest crime though...5 at the back, using Maguire in a free role...wtf is Southgate thinking.

Can see Grealish being wasted by Southgate's shocking formations and if he's here for the Euros ( he will be) its going to be a waste of a tournament for Jack. Hope I'm wrong.

10 minutes ago, Thug said:

Yh exactly what worries me.

if In another 5 games time he hasn’t scored and assisted, all of a sudden he will be the most overhyped player of all time.

He really was MOTM in the previous 2 games. This one takes the shine off the other 2.

Don’t agree. He was best on the park by a distance apart from Foden’s goals. Created the first two by winning the free kick and running 50 yards past 6 players.

Mind you I do agree with the backlash risk but he’s dealt with it throughout his career (not least on this thread as recently as last season!) so I’m not worried.

• Like 1

Taking nothing away from Foden but he scored towards the end of the game when Iceland were down to 10 men and we had fresh legs on. But that's by the by... most of the votes were in by then. Jack easily stood out first half as being the best player and seems that was enough for most voters! 

I though Mount was quality and Maguire excellent too. 

1 hour ago, robby b said:

Yes! Very good comparison, I agree, both great and brilliant, unpredictable dribblers (maybe they themselves didn't always know what they were going to do next either, which can be a weapon! Crazier legs than Crazy Legs Crane). I used to love watching them play for England too, exciting players.

I think people forget just how good Mcmanaman was for Real Madrid. He was as good as anyone in that wonderful side.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, His Name Is Death said:

It beggars belief how this caught on. Is it because so many people pronounce it ‘should’ve’ and so they just assume it’s spelt ‘should of’?

Yeah, they just spell it how they say it. Just like some people spell "definitely" as "definately". 

It's kind of the reverse of people pronouncing words the way they're spelled. An example would be "hyper-bowl" instead of "hyper-bol-ee".

5 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

It beggars belief how this caught on. Is it because so many people pronounce it ‘should’ve’ and so they assume it’s spelt ‘should of’?

I think you mean it beg us belief

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, One For The Road said:

More proof that Greasy (sic) is overrated. To only manage 3 MOTM performances out of 4 England games is shocking. 

And to not manage to stay perfectly upright for the whole game, whist being kicked all over the park shows that he does nothing but dive.

No end product whatsoever. Ok, he gets loads of assists, scores goals, creates chances, wins free kicks and holds the ball up, but he does sod all else. He can't even play right back.

A poor man's Jose Dominguez.

Championship player at best. 

(Hope he's fit for Saturday) ;)

BBC had him as the highest rated player overall last night. 

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is that photo on Twitter photoshopped or an old one? 

it says on Sky sports site Phil Foden got motm.

There are 2. Sky Sports pundits and England official from fans using the BT web site.

• Thanks 1

Â