The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

Absolutely not.  Hoddle was a very gifted midfielder with the ball at his feet and a great striker of the ball.  However, I don't remember him ever having the pace or dribbling ability that Jack has.  Personally, I would probably say Hoddle is more closely aligned to Hourihane (but he was better).

Hoddle always disappointed for England for me, but always got picked regardless. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hoddle always disappointed for England for me, but always got picked regardless. 

I can't really remember, but this was probably down to the fact that most England international managers have tended to pick, what they perceive to be, their best XI players and not necessarily their best team.  Hoddle, like Barkley for us, needs to be the furthest forward in a CM trio and to link play/play across the front three with the two behind him doing the leg work. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I can't really remember, but this was probably down to the fact that most England international managers have tended to pick, what they perceive to be, their best XI players and not necessarily their best team.  

This. See also the constant selection of Gerrard AND Lampard, that never worked. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Typical stereotypes. If you're not blistering fast like Rashford, then you're slow. Everything is black and white.

It's just clueless analysis from Sky. OK so Jack isn't as rapid as some obviously but it's clear as day he's not slow and I'm willing to bet his acceleration with the ball is faster than most! Outright speed is not the whole story.

• Like 1

After my earlier comment regarding a cheeky swop with Isco if Madrid came calling... I’ve just read he’s linked to the Everton for £18mill ... How his star has fallen and may, actually, be realistic - hypothetically speaking...

Annoying to see him start his third game but playing and starting for england seems so important to Jack. A week ago I dont think he was guaranteed a euro squad place, now it feels like he should start.

Proving he can cement a place while at villa is one less reason he had to leave.

Come on jack, get a goal lad

Â