The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

As long as he doesn't get injured I'm hoping this will be a positive for the weekend. If he puts in another performance like the other night he'll be oozing confidence. He looks another level these days and if he can carry that confidence into the weekend I think it could benefit him.

He's still young enough that he should be able to handle the volume of games

I'm a little nervous that Jack has become just too good for the properly big sides to ignore now. He's getting towards Barcelona levels IMO. It reminds me of when Dwight Yorke went up a level at Villa and became ridiculously good, where buying him became simply unavoidable for United. Week in week out he was starring in the Premier League and Jack is doing that now.

I think they'll all be looking at him perform amidst the best England has to offer and against the best the world has to offer and he's shining, and they'll just come in with silly bucks and get him.  Who ends up doing it I don't know, and maybe it won't happen.  But I think we could be about to fend off some seriously massive offers for him from pretty much everywhere.  He has the image too.  He's very marketable, so that's just another cherry on top. He's the perfect age to buy too.

• Like 2

Disclaimer: I know the mirror and John Cross especially are more hacky than a group of stoners on the 20th of April

But this is possibly the worst take of all time

Saying PL minutes were a requirement despite that not being the case, giving interviews that suggest you don't know what qualities he (or Mount) actually provide, leaving him out of the initial squad in the last break after the Liverpool game and only being forced to bring him in because of indiscipline by others, not giving him a single minute to come on and make a difference in the 0-1 loss to Denmark after he was MOTM against Wales.

That was all actually apparently just good management because Grealish was hungry for the ball on Sunday, like that hasn't been the case in every single game for years.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm a little nervous that Jack has become just too good for the properly big sides to ignore now. He's getting towards Barcelona levels IMO. It reminds me of when Dwight Yorke went up a level at Villa and became ridiculously good, where buying him became simply unavoidable for United. Week in week out he was starring in the Premier League and Jack is doing that now.

I think they'll all be looking at him perform amidst the best England has to offer and against the best the world has to offer and he's shining, and they'll just come in with silly bucks and get him.  Who ends up doing it I don't know, and maybe it won't happen.  But I think we could be about to fend off some seriously massive offers for him from pretty much everywhere.  He has the image too.  He's very marketable, so that's just another cherry on top. He's the perfect age to buy too.

ok then, £500 million and he's yours Barcelona/Real/PSG/Man U.

9 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Disclaimer: I know the mirror and John Cross especially are more hacky than a group of stoners on the 20th of April

But this is possibly the worst take of all time

Saying PL minutes were a requirement despite that not being the case, giving interviews that suggest you don't know what qualities he (or Mount) actually provide, leaving him out of the initial squad in the last break after the Liverpool game and only being forced to bring him in because of indiscipline by others, not giving him a single minute to come on and make a difference in the 0-1 loss to Denmark after he was MOTM against Wales.

That was all actually apparently just good management because Grealish was hungry for the ball on Sunday, like that hasn't been the case in every single game for years.

Let's face it, Southgate has made himself look like a right cockwomble with Grealish and is now only just starting to redeem himself. Whether that is forced or not who knows but hes been found out that's for sure. I hope he learns and improves as much as he expects the players to!

17 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Amazing goals.   Love the curling one against Man Utd.

Some of his best football didn't actually end with a goal, has anyone compiled his best bits of skill yet?

Edited by ender4

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

I agree, but given this is the case, we've at least put ourselves in the best possible position.

We've signed him to a big new contract. We've (barring an absolute disaster from here) ensured we're a Premier League team for the near future at least so we won't need to sell him. We've added good players around him and become what appears to be a good team. We have rich owners who aren't desperate to sell.

It might be inevitable that the truly elite clubs will be after him. But we've at least made it so that we have a strong bargaining position and should get absolute top dollar for him.

I said last season that if Grealish left us it would be for a British Transfer record. I think that's an absolute certainty now

• Like 3

The Jack Grealish Player Swap challenge:

Can you name me 5 players in all of world football who you would do a direct swap for today for Jack Grealish?

The Jack Grealish Player Swap challenge - Expert Mode:

Can you name me 10 players in world football who you would do a direct swap for today for Jack Grealish?

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It might be inevitable that the truly elite clubs will be after him. But we've at least made it so that we have a strong bargaining position and should get absolute top dollar for him.

I said last season that if Grealish left us it would be for a British Transfer record. I think that's an absolute certainty now

What is the British transfer record?

What's the world record? Surely he'd be in the top 5, mainly just due to inflation over the years.

On 16/11/2020 at 06:18, sne said:

Gotta love when the press labels him as "Man City target Jack Grealish" rather than "Villa captain" or Villa talisman" Jack Grealish after a England game🤦‍♂️

its typical stereotyped press gargle......totally disrespectful, but what do we expect from these hacks these days.

the days of Hugh McIIvanney are long gone.....now he was worth reading.

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

What is the British transfer record?

What's the world record? Surely he'd be in the top 5, mainly just due to inflation over the years.

Yes I imagine he'd be top 5.

British Transfer record for a player bought by an English club is Pogba to Utd for £89m. If you include players sold by English clubs to foreign clubs it's Coutinho at £105m

The only two transfers with a higher fee than Coutinho are Neymar and Mbappe both to PSG for 198m and 163m respectively.

Edit: Joao Felix and  Griezmann are more expensive than Coutinho too in GBP but less in EUR.

So yes I think there's a very good shout that IF Jack left us any time soon, he'd be in the top 5 transfers.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

The Jack Grealish Player Swap challenge:

Can you name me 5 players in all of world football who you would do a direct swap for today for Jack Grealish?

The Jack Grealish Player Swap challenge - Expert Mode:

Can you name me 10 players in world football who you would do a direct swap for today for Jack Grealish?

It's a tough question. I could name quite a few players who are BETTER than Jack Grealish.

But would I swap them with him? That's a much tougher question. Him being a Villa fan and the WAY he plays are big pulls as to why I love watching him play so much.

For example, is Sadio Mane a better player than Jack Grealish? Yeah he probably is. Would I trade Grealish for him? Would I ****

• Like 1

Â