The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Good news: he might be the next Brian Little.

Bad news: he might be the next Lee Hendrie.

And if we'd acted like a professional club we wouldn't be looking at paying a fairly high wage to a young kid to find out.
All top professional clubs give their kids decent wages now. Look at what arsenal have given kids in the past Edited by mikeyp102

Lee Hendrie was class. If Grealish can play 125 games for Villa never mind 250 I'll be impressed and surprised.

The word 'class' gets branded about this forum in some bizarre statements IMO.

This however, takes the biscuit.

Lee hendrie was a decent player who had a lot of promise. He should/could have been better than he was perhaps but he was most definately not 'class'.

Lee Hendrie was class. If Grealish can play 125 games for Villa never mind 250 I'll be impressed and surprised.

Lee hendrie was a decent player who had a lot of promise. He should/could have been better than he was perhaps but he was most definately not 'class'.

He may never have completely filled his promise, but he was a good player who sparkled at times and played a lot of games for us. He certainly deserves better than being the butt of the joke in the original post. 

• Like 2

Lee Hendrie was not 'class' by any stretch of the imagination. I really didn't rate him at all - despite the fact that he did sparkle from time to time, most of the time he was a complete liability. I was really happy when he left the club.

Hendrie was a decent player for Villa and scored some cracking goals. I think we're in danger of over hyping Grealish. Perhaps he'll turn out to be a decent player, but at the moment he looks completely out of his depth and against Man City he was embarrassing.

Hendrie was a decent player for Villa and scored some cracking goals. I think we're in danger of over hyping Grealish. Perhaps he'll turn out to be a decent player, but at the moment he looks completely out of his depth and against Man City he was embarrassing.

Embarrassing is a bit harsh. The period he was one the pitch,we struggled to get out of our half, no one kept possession. He was no different to the rest of the team.

Edited by mikeyp102

Definitely.

A hell of a lot of assumptions in this thread over the last few pages about the talks and the lad, let's just see what the next few days bring on this one.

I think its nailed on his signing an extension now. And good news. He's a very bright prospect and having him signed to the club for the next few years is excellent.

A hell of a lot of assumptions in this thread over the last few pages about the talks and the lad, let's just see what the next few days bring on this one.

I think its nailed on his signing an extension now. And good news. He's a very bright prospect and having him signed to the club for the next few years is excellent.

Also means the take over must be happening

• Like 2

Also means the take over must be happening

Not sure if sarcastic...?

• Like 1

I too have seen nothing in this kid to get remotely excited about. As someone said earlier he was embarrassing against city. having said that it was an odd substitution and I'd love to see him come good

The comparison to hendrie?....hendrie came into a struggling team under gregory. Helped us climb up the table winning 9 of our 10 last games (I believe...ive not googled it) he then made his only england appearance within 2 years of his debut. His initial appearances for villa were of a completely different class to what ive seen from young jack so far. Hendrie never really kicked on tho. He was adequate. I hope jack can prove me wrong.

Hendrie only ever performed for a contract, then went lazy again for long periods.

• Like 1

Â