The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think we should play jack as a false 9. Should keep his production up whilst allowing him to better influence both sides of the pitch and minimising his defensive responsibilities.

I think we are playing with watkins as a a target man which isn't working we need to give him balls to run onto. You could argue if Jack was in this role it would suit him but I think he could more easily get us out from under pressure because when the ball goes up to him he can either beat his man or win a free kick. Also if he is up top it forces teams to either risk leaving him against 2 slower cbs who couldn't recover if he beat them or keep a full back in reserve to guard against him. 

On 01/11/2020 at 17:19, Villarocker said:

What a goal! 

Lack of credit for the goal is incredible, that is one of the goals of the season for the skill and technique. He completely flat footed the keeper who had a good game as well 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lack of credit for the goal is incredible, that is one of the goals of the season for the skill and technique. He completely flat footed the keeper who had a good game as well 

It was impressive. However, I have also seen very little praise for his cheeky little dinked pass for the Mings goal. So nonchalant.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

it looked a fluke because he flat footed the GK, a GK mistake because he's anticipating a cross, its a funny looking goal, not particularly smashed in, was right in tight on the post though so even if you say the GK should have saved it I don't think it would ever have been an easy comfortable save

but no doubt when someone from Liverpool or utd smashes a ball 50 yards over a GK who fell over it'll be a wonder goal

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

it looked a fluke because he flat footed the GK, a GK mistake because he's anticipating a cross, its a funny looking goal, not particularly smashed in, was right in tight on the post though so even if you say the GK should have saved it I don't think it would ever have been an easy comfortable save

but no doubt when someone from Liverpool or utd smashes a ball 50 yards over a GK who fell over it'll be a wonder goal

Yeah but it will only happen if kepa is in goal at which point it is basically target practice. 

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

It’s cuz it was a consolation goal in the last kick of the game. The best goals are normally the ones that count for something. 

It was a lovely goal but I understand why it’s not getting a lot of attention.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2020 at 20:34, Keyblade said:

4 and 4 already this season. Scary thing is he should probably be on 10 goals considering the sitters he's missed.

whoscored tweeted something about it in the last couple of days, one of only 5 players in the top 5 leagues to have done it, kane was another, then 2 other big names then a guy id never heard of

I think whosocred absolutely love him, was their highest rated player of the week

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

whoscored tweeted something about it in the last couple of days, one of only 5 players in the top 5 leagues to have done it, kane was another, then 2 other big names then a guy id never heard of

I think whosocred absolutely love him, was their highest rated player of the week

Ward Prowse was actually higher rated by 0.05.

So Kane, Mbappe, Muller, Grealsih and Jonathan Bamba who is a very good winger for lille. He is rapid. 

• Thanks 2

not often I would agree with Arry

Harry Redknapp has told Off The Ball that he does not believe England manager Gareth Southgate is keen on Jack Grealish.

The former under-21 Republic of Ireland international declared for England in September 2015, but Redknapp believes that Southgate may not be looking to use him.

Redknapp on Jack Grealish

"I don't think that Gareth fancies Grealish. It is his opinion and it is a game of opinions.

"I think that the worst thing to happen to Gareth, possibly, was Grealish coming here. I think he has had Grealish thrown at him, thrown at him, thrown at him.

"I don't think he is a big Grealish fan. He played him the other week against Wales, got man-of-the-match, and played ever so well.

"I think that Gareth would have been quite happy if he had had a nightmare and then - bosh, that's the end of Grealish.

"That is the feeling that I get - I don't think that he is for Gareth.

"The lad [Dean] Smith there has done well, and made him captain, made him feel important, and he runs the games for Villa.

"He is a special talent that can do things that other people can't do. I am a big fan of his, personally. I love people that can play - and he can play."

Glenn Hoddle on creativity

"I think we have got a little group of players like that. I love Grealish and feel that Grealish should be given his opportunity.

"When you are looking at players like Grealish, James Maddison, Phil Foden, and Mason Mount. There is one position and they are all going to be battling for it.

"Whoever [comes out of that] has to feel comfortable, they have to feel at home like Grealish does with his club.

"When he plays - or any of them play - for England, they are going to feel like there are chains on them. They are not sure if the manager fancies them.

"If you have these special players, as they do on the continent or South America, you have to let him go out in the training ground and on the pitch without any chains.

"That is very difficult when you don't have them day-in and day-out."

Does Jack fit in?

The last words go to Harry.

"In the long-term, I don't think that he is quite in Gareth's plans. I don't think that he fits what he is looking for," Redknapp concludes.

https://www.otbsports.com/soccer/jack-grealish-1099417?fbclid=IwAR0qBQW-uDT4ZhRIM-rrc6l0pkaZBoXVbVp2R_QozsitYNpNgHzrSDX_YfQ

What none of them will say is that there is one position and they're all battling for it because he has 5 at the back and 2 holding midfielders

A good manager would find a way to get more than 1 of them on the pitch, especially when it's England's biggest problem 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

What none of them will say is that there is one position and they're all battling for it because he has 5 at the back and 2 holding midfielders

A good manager would find a way to get more than 1 of them on the pitch, especially when it's England's biggest problem 

Absolutely.  I would love to see Grealish & Maddison play together (won't happen under Southgate I wouldn't have thought!) as the two of them would be like Jack and Ross v Liverpool BUT better.  They are good mates as well so the chemistry would be fantastic.

Gareth would cringe at the thought of his own spice boys though!!!!😡

Â