The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I see some of the Leeds fans on Facebook are calling Grealish a cheat for falling over so much. I corrected that by quoting his stats on being the most fouled player last season and Bamford’s stomp then left the debate. rocket polishers!!

Edited by striker
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, TRO said:

Huge ask imo

I think for all the reservations I have about us so far......Southampton have the means to exploit it.

I want Dean to set us up and prove me wrong.

Possibly a 3-4-3 v Southampton.  Maybe with Elmo as the RCB as he did ok there in the EFL Cup Game.  Drop Ross to the bench with the front 6 otherwise the same.  Cash and Targett as the width allowing Jack, and hopefully Traore, a bit more freedom to drift inside and get in and around Watkins.

11 minutes ago, striker said:

I see some of the Leeds fans on Facebook are calling Grealish a cheat for falling over so much. I corrected that by quoting his stats on being the most fouled player last season then left the debate. rocket polishers!!

I hope you gave them the "pot, kettle, black" response as they have the arch diver, Bamford, in their side.  You could, at times, accuse Jack of going down a bit too easily (not that I would!) but at least there is always contact and he doesn't just throw himself over!😡

Edited by barry'sboots
  • Like 1

Just now, barry'sboots said:

I hope you gave them the "pot, kettle, black" when they have the arch diver, Bamford, in their side.  You could, at times, accuse Jack of going down a bit too easily (not that I would!) but at least there is always contact and he doesn't just throw himself over!😡

Yeah mate I did mention Bamford’s stomp. I just hope Villa give them some payback in their return game.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TRO said:

well since Lockdown in general he has.... he didn't against Leeds and I'm not sure he will against Southampton.......but prior to that, as I say, he did.

How about you?....did everything seem kinda normal in the Leeds game and run of the mill.

Since lockdown, he (and Terry etc.) has largely got us defending properly and tightened us up and, with the incoming attacking players, he has also made us better offensively.

However, we are still yet to see evidence that he can change a game tactically mid-game when it is not going well or that he can shuffle his pack and make it work - the infamous plan B.  We now have a strong first XI but can he bring others in and keep the momentum as Bielsa did with the Phillip's replacement and Shackleton who came in for him.

We all want Dean to get this right ... he is one of us and seems like a genuinely nice bloke, but there are still questions for me that he needs to address and hopefully will.  What could Bielsa have done with Grealish, SJM et al?

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Since lockdown, he (and Terry etc.) has largely got us defending properly and tightened us up and, with the incoming attacking players, he has also made us better offensively.

However, we are still yet to see evidence that he can change a game tactically mid-game when it is not going well or that he can shuffle his pack and make it work - the infamous plan B.  We now have a strong first XI but can he bring others in and keep the momentum as Bielsa did with the Phillip's replacement and Shackleton who came in for him.

We all want Dean to get this right ... he is one of us and seems like a genuinely nice bloke, but there are still questions for me that he needs to address and hopefully will.  What could Bielsa have done with Grealish, SJM et al?

It was interesting how shackleton who I don't think plays that regularly featured in the dec 2018 game where they come back with 3 goals, to beat us that night.

I guess, first things first for Dean.....He now has something to think about.

I don't think anyone doubts what a top Bloke Dean is.

On 26/10/2020 at 15:29, barry'sboots said:

Surprised you missed how he swapped around McGinn and Barkley v Leicester which happened before we went on to win the game. Does that not class as an in-game tactical decision? He said he did it because they were playing through our midfield too easily first half.

13 hours ago, A'Villan said:

default.gif

Have mixed feelings about watching this, on one hand it is an absolutely brilliant run and shows what a truly talented footballer we have...

But in the end it leads to nothing and we end up getting battered :(  (after the first goal).

I love the injection of pace after the half way line where he leaves Koch for dead, then the moment he sits both Koch and Ayling on the floor - if only he could have just dinked his finish (which I thought he was going to do at the time) then we would be talking about goal of the season right there. Definitely reminiscent of the one he scored against Rotherham (?) at VP - Though this run started much further back I think.

No doubt there was one good chance to feed it to Ollie, but absolutely no way should he get stick for that. Anyone that's played the game would know his adrenaline must have been through the roof by the time he got into the box and it's so much harder to settle yourself down in those kind of situations, I suppose that's what separates the likes of Messi, Ronaldo & De Bruyne in those real crucial moments. But boy, we have some player. 

On 26/10/2020 at 13:16, striker said:

I see some of the Leeds fans on Facebook are calling Grealish a cheat for falling over so much. I corrected that by quoting his stats on being the most fouled player last season and Bamford’s stomp then left the debate. rocket polishers!!

I mean, they would just be able to say that he isn't actually the most fouled player last season and that he only gets "fouled" so much because he falls over so much and deceives the refs.

2 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Surprised you missed how he swapped around McGinn and Barkley v Leicester which happened before we went on to win the game. Does that not class as an in-game tactical decision? He said he did it because they were playing through our midfield too easily first half.

When did Smith say this?

1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Have mixed feelings about watching this, on one hand it is an absolutely brilliant run and shows what a truly talented footballer we have...

But in the end it leads to nothing and we end up getting battered :(  (after the first goal).

I love the injection of pace after the half way line where he leaves Koch for dead, then the moment he sits both Koch and Ayling on the floor - if only he could have just dinked his finish (which I thought he was going to do at the time) then we would be talking about goal of the season right there. Definitely reminiscent of the one he scored against Rotherham (?) at VP - Though this run started much further back I think.

No doubt there was one good chance to feed it to Ollie, but absolutely no way should he get stick for that. Anyone that's played the game would know his adrenaline must have been through the roof by the time he got into the box and it's so much harder to settle yourself down in those kind of situations, I suppose that's what separates the likes of Messi, Ronaldo & De Bruyne in those real crucial moments. But boy, we have some player. 

Its a valid criticism. His decision making was suspect and he could easily have done better at this exact point. That doesn't diminish everything he did up until that point, but the greatness of what he did previously shouldn't diminish the criticism of what he did at this point either.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I would agree with that. Aside from that dribble and one or two bright spots, I don't think he did much. Certainly far below the level of his previous games.

So apart from having a shot half cross the line before it got cleared and carrying the ball from the edge of his own box to their 6 yard box and getting their starting DM in so much trouble he had to be subbed after 20 minutes what did the Romans ever do for us?

Leicester nullified Grealish last season in the 4-0, he was unlucky not to score/assist against Leeds.

• Like 4

Â