The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'll take this from a lot of people, but I'm not going to be told that I'm being too negative about the Villa by you of all people. ;)

Time to realize there has never been an agenda from the "Smith outers". It never has been.

Everyone is happy when he is doing well and long may it continue.

Now let's spank Leeds!

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

First thing my lad did when he got up this morning, watch a video of Jack Grealish highlights on YouTube for the 100th time. Jack’s a special player for so many reasons.

He's going to leave a lasting impression on a lot of young fans, rather like Sid Cowans did for me. 

It's a long time since our fans had a truly special player to enjoy and idolise. 

I don't watch too much football outside Villa, MOTD when we're on and maybe a midweek game. So I dont see too many other players.

But I have seen some absolute world class things from Jack this season, things that make me go wow.

The no look pass to Taylor, the VVD meg and the back heel to Targett. I can't think of anyone else who could do these things. 

If they did a champagne moments like goal of the season I reckon jack would win most of the top 10.

19 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes Jack smashing them in with himself 😂

Yeah I couldnt believe it, whod of thought he would of picked himself to score the hatrick against Maddison 🤣

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Adrian Durham is just trolling and fans fall for it hook line and sinker. Having said that the points he does make are not down to his ability it’s his decision making.

This will only get better in time. In 2 or 3 years time Jack will be a complete player.

Such is Jack's level at the moment, people expecting him to make zero errors in games. It's just not going to happen.

That 3v2... best "option" was a wonder ball left to Watkins. He could have made it yes, would have been brilliant though, blind curled around the back of the defender. People are simply expecting amazing things every time he gets it, then saying he's made the wrong choice or "hangs onto it" if he doesn't pull it off.

The pass to the right, Barkley didn't do anything movement wise, made no space, no run to lead defender away, Jack carrying on through the centre was probably more dangerous than giving it to Barkely out wide. If the defender eventually did shift to cover Barkley, it open up for Jack to shoot. Maybe if Barkley got given it, he could have done something, maybe not.

As it was with that chance btw, yes it came to nothing, but Jack still got the ball rolling across the 6 yard line in the opponent's area. As we've seen, most weeks Ollie has probably made a run back in and is waiting to tap that in.

Grealish is so good, people are picking up anything he does that isn't amazing as "holes in his game".

I hope he listens to none of them, especially Gareth Southgate.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Davkaus said:

"Holding us back" suggests we'd sometimes be better off without him, with is absolute bollocks.

Jack's not perfect, he doesn't always make the right choice. but no player in the world does. With what he offers off, I don't begrudge him the odd mistake. He'll always make them , but I'm damn sure that him and Smith are working to reduce them as much as possible. 

Yes what a load of bs. Anybody can pick out the odd incident where a player doesn't do the right thing. No player is perfect

On 21/10/2020 at 12:28, MrBlack said:

Oooo England friendly with Republic of Ireland to replace the New Zealand one.  Can see Southgate giving him a game in the hope he gets kicked. Word removed.

fired up James McClean storming around the pitch is what Jack doesnt need

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

fired up James McClean storming around the pitch is what Jack doesnt need

Yes. I'm quite worried about it to be honest.  Hope he maintains his Grealish blindness until after the friendly, but you know our luck  ...

19 hours ago, lexicon said:

You can drive him to Denmark and put him on one of their homemade submarines, in that case 👍

I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. Our national side will soon hire a new manager and we got some great players now. Hauge, Ødegaard, Sørloth, Haaland, Berge, Ajer ++. 

If we for some reason end up with Southgate I will never forgive you! 

48 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. Our national side will soon hire a new manager and we got some great players now. Hauge, Ødegaard, Sørloth, Haaland, Berge, Ajer ++. 

Aha. Kan jeg snakker Norsk med dere? Jeg er lære

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

To be honest, we would never wish that on anyone.

OK, maybe Small Heath, but no one else.

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm not really sold on Sorloth. Flopped hard at Palace and Turkey is a sub par league. Struggles to get into the Leipzig side.

Berge looks promising. Odegaard is really inconsistent.

Haaland very good.

The rest i've not even heard about.

Need to see that second half chance again

looke drop me like he wanted Watkins to run across the back of the right back standing him up opening half a yard for a simple pass in tot eh bottom corner, that was the chance, as soon as he steps past him he should roll it in, once he takes the next touch he’s faced with blockers and nothing on 

land he was poor because our midfield was poor, too easy for Leeds to nullify him because barkley and McGinn were non existent

Edited by villa4europe

Â