The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, weedman said:

I don't really have much to say, I just wanted to say I love him, wouldn't swap him for anyone in world football. He's absolute class and he's the best attacking player I can remember at Villa (going back to around Yorke times). I felt personally offended when Southgate snubbed him and now actively seem to want England to fail just to justify my position. 

I'm 36 years old and shouldn't feel this way about a pampered mid 20's multi millionaire with greasy hair who kicks a ball for a living, but I'm on this train now, #teamJack

I'm on this page with you weedman.

Its such a good feeling having the number one English player in the Premier as one of us.

I am also very much enjoying fans of our local rivals (some who consider themselves rational and knowledgeable fans) trying to back track on their previously and now almost totally discredited stances on him....

6 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Why would he ever want to leave. We're clearly qualifying for Champions League this season, lol.

That would really be amazing.

Villa in CL. Really hope i get to see it in my lifetime.

Edited by villalad21

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Why would he ever want to leave. We're clearly qualifying for Champions League this season, lol.

I mean it's highly unlikely but what a story it would be after all those numpties saying he was lacking ambition in staying with us. 

He must surely want it. 

McGrath aside.  If there was a footballing God up there, he surely would make it happen. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I honestly believe, if he does eventually leave it will be two either of the big two in Spain . 

He's as good as McManaman, if not better and he played his best football for Madrid. 

Them or Citeh! City's style of play is made for Jack.

11 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I think in terms of what jack can do right now only 4 or 5 players on the works can do it. Messi being another but his legs are gone and is injury prone so couldn't play 35 games. Mahrez doesn't track back though which is his weakness but yeah I think aside from that he is basically jack on the other side of the pitch with a bit more conviction to shoot. 

Mahrez had that wonder season at Leicester but looks a bit of a one trick pony to me and is a lightweight, Jack has many more strings to his bow. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

That would really be amazing.

Villa in CL. Really hope i get to see it in my lifetime.

oh that was so 38 years ago.

Still remembering with the eyes of a 10 year old a Gary Shaw hattrick at home in the European Cup :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Durham's job is literally to say ridiculous things to get people angry enough to call in and argue with him.

I doubt he even believes 90% of what he says.

it's a while since I listened to TalkSport but I've heard him before change his opinion mid show because too many people were agreeing with him.

Agreed. 

Thats hilarous and just sums them up

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

Ffs. Its bad enough when sections of the media try to flog our players to the likes of Man United. 

We certainly don't need Villatalk to do it for them.

Not trying to flog him at all. He is unsaleable in my eyes. 

What I am saying is there are only 3 teams in the world worthy if him. And City are only worthy of him while Guardiola is there. 

Villa are only good enough for him because he loves the Villa, and because the club is growing with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Mahrez had that wonder season at Leicester but looks a bit of a one trick pony to me and is a lightweight, Jack has many more strings to his bow. 

This does massive massive disservice to Mahrez who is an incredible player.

Looks a bit of a one trick pony. Wow. This isn't Marc Albrighton we're discussing here.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Durham was spitting some utter nonsense about grealish on TS yesterday.

He said grealish needs  better coaching and is holding villa back 😂

To be fair to Durham, he’s been a big admirer of Jack for some time now.  I think he was just making a point about how he could be better, rather than he’s not very good.  
He does have a slight point, as I myself was thinking the same a couple of time’s against a Leicester.  However, I’d argue that usually, his ability to draw defenders towards him is what makes him tick.  Teams will soon realise that his number one priority is to try to slide someone else in, so by sitting off him slightly and inviting him to shoot is safer than going I to him and either getting beaten, giving a foul, or allowing him to put a perfectly weighted pass through to someone else.  
He CAN shoot, so if he does this a little more often, then defenders won’t know what to do.  He’s unselfishness is just that little bit too predictable at the moment.

He can get 15 goals a season, and 15 assists easily. He’s that good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I agree. One of the most noticeable improvements has been his pace, he is getting quicker and quicker. 

You’re right, I always thought pace was lacking in his game but not anymore. His football brain is also developing all the time. That pass to Target on Sunday was superb and only very few players would be able to see and execute   that sort of ball. 

To  be fair to Durham (can't believe I'm saying that) hes now a really big Grealish fan and although those two soundbites taken in isolation sound ridiculous hes simply saying Jack COULD possibly up his game to elite levels by shooting more or passing quicker. What he said is definitely a touch click baity but it's not entirely nonsense.

We all know how much work Jack does on the ball and for me it's simply a case of fine tuning his game now that he has better players around him. That and letting shots off more often perhaps. 

Edited by birdman
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Them or Citeh! City's style of play is made for Jack.

Don't see him moving to a team that competes against villa. 

By that I mean anyone we're in a competition with. 

I extend that to mean the CL. So if we ever qualify for it,  he'll stay with us. If we don't do it in the next 2 years (I reckon he'll give us 2 more as long as we continue to improve our position each season) he'll move to whichever team won the champions league the season before, assuming its not an English team.

Hopefully we push on in the next 2-3 years and do so quite significantly so he gets persuaded to never leave us.

23 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

This does massive massive disservice to Mahrez who is an incredible player.

Looks a bit of a one trick pony. Wow. This isn't Marc Albrighton we're discussing here.

Since his break out season with Leicester he has had 3 season where he has 20+ goals and assists in the PL. He has averaged a goal or assist every 132 minutes since then as well. He gets played roughly half the available minutes yet produces all this. He is a phenomenal player and inarguably a top 10 player in the prem and in my view a top 5. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

The average number of points for 4th is 68. Therefore if we beat Leeds on Friday it would mean we need 53 more to do it. 

20 wins usually gets you there and we could have 5/5 come the weekend.

still way off but looking at the fixtures after 9 games we could have 8 wins and a draw. At that point could start talking about the real potential of it happening. 

Would mean we would need to win just 12 of the last 29 games to get it done. 

Â