The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

i was just thinking that real madrid will try to poach him from us but it would be a terrible move for jack. he needs to play

I don't for a minute believe it would happen...but he would need a huge euros which looks unlikely, for madrid to splash that kind of cash on him he would need to raise his profile internationally, which we all know he's marketing gold so if he did then he would be bank for a huge team, but the chances of southgate letting him loose at the euros is looking slim, they've also invested a lot of money in youngsters and are now giving them the 2/3 years they need to develop properly, they have the 3 Brazilians, vicinius jr is their future left winger, rodrygo or reinier their future number 10 with odegaard there as well, then you add in they're had their ass bitten with bale and hazard

seems to have not picked up that much talk here but I think real madrid have invested in young players and developed them slowly and properly for a few years now, seems really well run, the galactico thrown in every now and then might disguise it

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

seems to have not picked up that much talk here but I think real madrid have invested in young players and developed them slowly and properly for a few years now, seems really well run, the galactico thrown in every now and then might disguise i

That appears to be the basic approach that we are attempting, except we are a couple of years behind them and operating at a lower profile. 

• Like 1

Jack isn’t the finished article, he is still improving. Anyone who watches him regularly as we all do can see the improvements in his games, year on year. There’s still parts of his game that need improving, the coaches know that and more importantly he knows that.

While he continues to improve the club need to put better players around him and we will see the benefit of these improvements. It’s a dream at the moment but to be playing regularly in Europe at the highest level is where Jack will be someday, let’s just hope it will be with Villa.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Jack isn’t the finished article, he is still improving. Anyone who watches him regularly as we all do can see the improvements in his games, year on year. There’s still parts of his game that need improving, the coaches know that and more importantly he knows that.

While he continues to improve the club need to put better players around him and we will see the benefit of these improvements. It’s a dream at the moment but to be playing regularly in Europe at the highest level is where Jack will be someday, let’s just hope it will be with Villa.

I agree. One of the most noticeable improvements has been his pace, he is getting quicker and quicker. 

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I agree. One of the most noticeable improvements has been his pace, he is getting quicker and quicker. 

That's where whoever made the Bale comparison was spot on, he's got the football side locked down, now he's increasing the physicality and speed

Bales close control whilst running at full speed was incredible but he wasn't doing that in his early 20s 

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's where whoever made the Bale comparison was spot on, he's got the football side locked down, now he's increasing the physicality and speed

Bales close control whilst running at full speed was incredible but he wasn't doing that in his early 20s 

We just need to define speed properly. I believe he is deceptively faster than people believe he is, but more importantly he travels with the ball at his feet far quicker than most players. So when it comes to people like Southgate I believe it is a wrong narrative that Jack is slower than others, I’ll back him over most players with the ball at his feet.

When pundits talk about speed, maximum velocity in an athlete is completely different to speed of play, when you have a ball at your feet.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Durham was spitting some utter nonsense about grealish on TS yesterday.

He said grealish needs  better coaching and is holding villa back 😂

Proof that he just says what he does for a reaction because he's spent the last two weeks bumming Grealish.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It’s almost as if they are trying to get a reaction from listeners so they call their premium rate number...

Exactly.  Hoping no one was stupid enough to ring in and argue with that fool.

Pure and utter nonsense

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Durham was spitting some utter nonsense about grealish on TS yesterday.

He said grealish needs  better coaching and is holding villa back 😂

Durham's job is literally to say ridiculous things to get people angry enough to call in and argue with him.

I doubt he even believes 90% of what he says.

it's a while since I listened to TalkSport but I've heard him before change his opinion mid show because too many people were agreeing with him.

45 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Proof that he just says what he does for a reaction because he's spent the last two weeks bumming Grealish.

Exactly. He'll have realised that the consensus on Jack has finally shifted to most people agreeing he's a very good player, so he now has to say he's not a very good player.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, this.

Football is about more than just counting numbers like an accountant. Since 2014, Grealish and this club have been through so many low lows, and so many high highs . . . his performance at that semi-final, his embarrassing drunken escapades, the relegation season when he - let's be honest - did nothing to justify the hype, the wilderness years, the lost play-off final, the club nearly going bankrupt, the new ownership, him being made captain, the ten wins in a row, the victorious play-off final, the dark days of our worst play last winter, the miraculous effort to save ourselves after covid, the best start to a league campaign for 90 years, doubtless it will go on.

It's been a rollercoaster, and unlike everyone else - the other players, the manager, the owners - he has been here for all of it, and unlike most others, he is, to at least some extent, One of Us. I'm not blind or stupid, I don't expect him to stay here his whole career - maybe he'll leave next summer, though of course I hope not - but this will always be his club, and we will always have gone through the last 6 years together. I couldn't and wouldn't *swap* that for any other player, no matter who they were.

Why would he ever want to leave. We're clearly qualifying for Champions League this season, lol.

Â