The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

sorry but im not a yank

there's not a position in football I need backed up with stats, judge footballers by your eyes not their Wikipedia page, its the bane of modern football

You'll do for me. 

Nothing more mundane than looking at stats. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Right now I think the only player in the world who I would swap jack for is mahrez but even then it wouldn't be a great deal for us because mahrez is 4 years older. 

I wouldn't swap Jack for a 25-year old Mahrez.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TRO said:

He wouldn't.

I honestly believe, if he does eventually leave it will be two either of the big two in Spain . 

He's as good as McManaman, if not better and he played his best football for Madrid. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Last season mahrez got a goal or assist every 97 minutes. I'd also swap jack for Mbappe but only because we could then sell Mbappe for 400 million and resign jack for 100mil. 

I'm not going to discredit your data or opinion... I just disagree, because Mahrez, Mbappe, Messi.... They aren't our Jack and I wouldn't swap him for anyone.

• Like 3

Superb as he was yesterday....I did find myself at times wanting Jack to release the ball a tiny bit quicker as other options were available. Admittedly this is probably due to the extremely high standards I expect of him but there were a couple of occasions where I think he slightly over-did things. I am probably a lone voice in this opinion wilderness but interested to see if any similar thoughts on here...... 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, yayoboy said:

I'm not going to discredit your data or opinion... I just disagree, because Mahrez, Mbappe, Messi.... They aren't our Jack and I wouldn't swap him for anyone.

I meant in terms of ability. Not necessarily that it would be worth it. 

32 minutes ago, eholm said:

Superb as he was yesterday....I did find myself at times wanting Jack to release the ball a tiny bit quicker as other options were available. Admittedly this is probably due to the extremely high standards I expect of him but there were a couple of occasions where I think he slightly over-did things. I am probably a lone voice in this opinion wilderness but interested to see if any similar thoughts on here...... 

You are correct there were a few times.he held on to the ball to long and lost possession when he could have released it earlier and been even more effective.

It's a coaching thing hopefully these things get picked up.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Last season mahrez got a goal or assist every 97 minutes. I'd also swap jack for Mbappe but only because we could then sell Mbappe for 400 million and resign jack for 100mil. 

jim carrey yes GIF

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Right now I think the only player in the world who I would swap jack for is mahrez but even then it wouldn't be a great deal for us because mahrez is 4 years older. 

Mahrez, that does surprise me. 

22 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Mahrez, that does surprise me. 

I think in terms of what jack can do right now only 4 or 5 players on the works can do it. Messi being another but his legs are gone and is injury prone so couldn't play 35 games. Mahrez doesn't track back though which is his weakness but yeah I think aside from that he is basically jack on the other side of the pitch with a bit more conviction to shoot. 

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I've seen a fair few City fans say they'd love to replace Mahrez with Grealish if the fee weren't an issue. Maybe this could be your first big agent deal.

2 hours ago, eholm said:

don’t have a problem with him not realising the ball quicker to his teammates as such, but wish at times when he gets near the box after a mazy run that he would jus put his foot through the ball and have a pop at goal, he seems to leave all the shooting to the other guys

• Like 3

3 hours ago, eholm said:

While it did sometimes look as if he was holding on too long, we should probably take into account he's waiting for his team-mate to make the move he wants/expects him to. I'm sure we'll see big improvements in this as he builds understanding with the likes of Ollie, Ross and Bert.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I've seen a fair few City fans say they'd love to replace Mahrez with Grealish if the fee weren't an issue. Maybe this could be your first big agent deal.

Mahrez is heavily underrated. And I'm not saying I would prefer mahrez to grealish I have them on the same level though and obviously grealish has the boyhood club connection and works harder and is younger. With the squad we have right now he is one of the few players we could swap grealish with without getting weaker. 

23 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

don’t have a problem with him not realising the ball quicker to his teammates as such, but wish at times when he gets near the box after a mazy run that he would jus put his foot through the ball and have a pop at goal, he seems to leave all the shooting to the other guys

Yeah, this is my only gripe with him. Yesterday he was doing a bit too much. Beat 1 or 2 players in the box but kept trying to beat the 3rd or 4th when he was better placed just shooting.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

We're not debating if Jack is a great player, we all know he is. He is in the top 5 of the PL right now. The debate is if he is World Class, in that case he needs more goals and assists. 

But surely by saying he’s in the top 5 of PL, which is regarded by a lot as the best league  in the World, then you are agreeing that he is world class? 

• Like 1

Â