The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Whilst I agree that stats are possibly over emphasised these days they can’t be dismissed. Football at the top level and indeed most other sports continue to invest heavily on data analysis.

Perhaps it’s just a trend, but I seriously doubt it. In fact give me 10 minutes and I’m sure I can find some stats to back this up. 

Data analysis and stats are different things IMO

The former has a huge role in modern football, the latter is for social media pissing contests 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Personally I don't think there is any discussion to be had about him being world class anymore. Is he in the top 10 players currently in the Prem, Yes! Are there more than 10 world class players in the prem, yes! End of discussion. 

He hit world class gear status 12 months ago imo. 

Name the other 9, and if they ain’t all mason mount then you need your eyes checking 

So Close Reaction GIF by UEFA

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's the thing though, people aren't watching the greatest 2 players in my lifetime, they're wheeling off which ever stat best suits their argument 

Why watch messi when you can simply dismiss him based on Ronaldo scoring more goals away from home in the knockout stages of the CL? 

There's no such thing as Jack needs x goals and y assists to be classed as a great player... Just watch him play football and you'll know your answer 

Oh and the "world class" tag pisses me off too

Might as well use fifa ratings while we're at it

Preach GIF

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

To dismiss stats because you watch football with your eyes is rubbish. We all can see Jack's ability but for him to be classed as World Class he needs more assist and goals. 

Ronaldo and Messi, compete on who's the best footballer of all time. What do people use as an arguement. Stats of how many goals and assists they have. They're the best players in the world because of those stats. Stats that are backing up their ability. 

If think he is World Class without the need of having more assists and goals I think you've got claret and blue glasses on. 

Arguably the 3rd best player of all time (iniesta) had only 19 goal contributions in his best ever season. His next best he had 11. (In the league). 21 and 15 if you include UCL can't find stats for copa del rey. He also played left winger for 3 or 4 seasons like jack. But at the end of the day he has never and will never be judged on his goals and assists but on his creativity and his ability to make it easy for everyone else.

Iniesta got 20 assists and 1 goal from left wing in 67 games. Compared to 25 goals, 52 assists in 295 games as not a left winger (no finer details on subs appearances though). So iniesta averaged 0.05 more G/A per game as a left winger than as a central midfielder (again no finer detail on subs so it is probably the same if you exclude them) and it shows you don't need to be smashing them in or setting up loads of goals to be world class. 

Edited by MotoMkali

I like the song we sing for Jack but wish we had something a bit more symbolic. One of my most recent faves over the years was the Cuellar song. I'd like it if we adapted it for Jack. Something like:

With slicked back hair and giant calfs Grealish, Grealish. 

With slicked back hair and giant calfs Grealish, Grealish. 

With slicked back hair and giant calfs he'll run rings round your centre halves. 

Jackie Grealish the Holte End's pride and joy. 

Something to that tune would be brilliant. 

It feels embarrassing to proclaim him as one of the best in the world because he plays for us, came through our ranks and is a fan.

I want to though. Would you swap him for Hazard, for example? The list of ‘well he’s clearly not on the level of...’ gets shorter and shorter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Name the other 9, and if they ain’t all mason mount then you need your eyes checking 

So Close Reaction GIF by UEFA

Alisson

VVD

TAA

Mane

Salah

De Bruyne

Ederson

Aguero

Aubameyang

i know you were joking because of Mason Mount reference but Interesting thinking of World Class there are.  I assume they’ll be no arguments about the above group who would be welcomed into any team in the world.

Edited by nick76

I was saying for the last 3 summer transfer windows that if Jack leaves Villa it should only be to a Real or Barca level team. Man U aren't at that level anymore, thats why they couldn't get him.

For me he is the best English footballer. Not Best player, but footballer. Because when it comes to having a football at their feet not one Englishman is fit to lace his boots.

Now he hasn't reached his best form yet imo. He still has another level or two he can reach. When he truly learns when the best time to release the ball is, he will be a top 5 in the world player. If he can improve his shooting then goals will flow and if that Jack gets a team built around him that can bring the best out of him he becomes the best.

He is the player that can make the difference from beaten semi finalists to world Cup winners for England. Jack's talent is nuts! 

But of course no matter how crazy his talent is, it means nothing without hard work, determination, belief and luck.  

I truly believe that with hard work, determination, luck and proper financial backing Jack can lead Villa to the top table in football.

31 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Alisson

VVD

TAA

Mane

Salah

De Bruyne

Ederson

Aguero

Aubameyang

i know you were joking because of Mason Mount reference but Interesting thinking of World Class there are.  I assume they’ll be no arguments about the above group who would be welcomed into any team in the world.

Excluding people currently out injured. So VVD, alisson, pereira, Thiago and aguero

I'd go:

De Bruyne

Mane

Kane

Salah

Mahrez

Auba

Grealish

Son

Rodriguez

Laporte

Kante

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

By the looks of how Leeds are playing, which is technically impressive, I wouldn't be surprised if they go all out to "stop" Grealish.

Are you sure? Trying and achieving is very different.

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Excluding people currently out injured. So VVD, alisson, pereira, Thiago and aguero

I'd go:

De Bruyne

Mane

Kane

Salah

Auba

Grealish

Son

Rodriguez

Laporte

Kante

Pogba should be, used to be but is a million miles away from it at the moment.

Â