The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

35 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Where did he say these lovely things? I’ve not seen anything, but I have been working all day. 

"I think he is enjoying the experience and he's enjoying seeing how we want to play and that's slightly different to his club," the manager added.

"Obviously every player has to adjust to that, so he is very much in the frame. He's continuing to prove his position within the squad that's for sure."

Interesting comments. I guess Leeds play the same defensive shape as England do, that's why Phillips is getting so much game time. Contradictory comment #51831 from Southgate 🙄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, a-k said:

Interesting comments. I guess Leeds play the same defensive shape as England do, that's why Phillips is getting so much game time. Contradictory comment #51831 from Southgate 🙄

Contradictory action #51831 will be when he doesn’t pick him for the next squad - despite saying his standing within the squad is improving.

But you know.. it’s progress.. right?

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Gareth sees Mason’s name on the back of his shirt and thinks it’s an instruction to him. 

Or he sees his name as Ma Son, and feels obliged to pick his family?

• Haha 1

Gareth Southgate has several thousand pictures of Mason Mount in his living room with a single picture of Jack and also a Mason Mount tattoo on his chest And drinks tea from a defibrillator

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

Or he sees his name as Ma Son, and feels obliged to pick his family?

Son of Southgate, Christ what a monstrosity that would be

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

Better for Villa that he's not starting but with each non-selection Southgate makes me dislike him a tad bit more. I'm also trying hard not to dislike Mount and to be fair it's not really his fault and for me he his a good player in his own right. But we all know he's no Jack.

Best case scenario now is England struggle, Jack comes on last 30 and changes game but probably wishful thinking. 

Roll on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Southgate said some nice things about Jack today. How come nobody’s talking about? 🤔

He talks about him like it's a little blind kid they've let come train with them. The idea that England coaching and UEFA nations league matches are tougher/more intense than Villa training and the PL is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Southgate could make Jack captain and fans would still find something to complain about. 

Oh. This is a thing for you is it?

Did you not see him refusing to answer questions on him? Leaving him out of squad after squad when he was winning PL games on his own? Southgate has made this a discussion, not Villa fans.

Weirdly the country has picked up on it the last week as well. Jack wasn't even good against Wales! Desperate for a real 10/10 cameo, the pressure is already there from a fairly ordinary 70 mins.

14 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Its a blessing. Jack fit and firing and hungry to lead us to 1st place this weekend is far more meaningful than these nations league games.

He’s in the England squads now, his league form if it remains what it has been will see him continue getting called up. All that matters is Villa now and eventually him nailing down his starting berth for the Euros. Jack can be the top player in the PL this season, I really do think thats his ceiling.

Spot on.  Englands loss in these games is Villas game.  The whole country has seen what he can do and if he continues to play as he has being for the whole season there is not a chance in hell he will not be in involved in the Euros and the friendly that lead up to it.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

He's just a twunt, Southgate. There's nothing profound or intellectual about his reasons for not picking Jack, or him in general. England will sleep-walk to the quarters of the Euros until Sadcase is exposed by a nation of similar quality who are allowed to play better football. And he'll be sacked, and Jack will go straight into the starting XI under a new manager, but unfortunately he'll have missed a major tournament and may not be a Villa player anymore.

It’s beyond a joke that he continually gets overlooked and when questioned about him not playing he won’t give a straight answer.

There’s so much talent in this England squad and Southgate is getting joyless football out of them.

How can Denmark at home be considered a tougher test than Liverpool at home? Nobody holds Southgate to account for his team selections and they are without exception shocking. We’ll probably scrape a one goal win tonight but it’s in spite of Southgates efforts rather than because of them. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Spot on.  Englands lose in these games is Villas game.  The whole country has seen what he can do and if he continues to play as he has being for the whole season there is not a chance in hell he will not be in involved in the Euros and the friendly that lead up to it.

I wouldn’t bet on it.

Jack has one chance of making the euros.. and that’s if Southgate gets the sack (which isn’t going to happen).  The rest of your post is spot on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

He talks about him like it's a little blind kid they've let come train with them. The idea that England coaching and UEFA nations league matches are tougher/more intense than Villa training and the PL is ridiculous.

Oh. This is a thing for you is it?

Did you not see him refusing to answer questions on him? Leaving him out of squad after squad when he was winning PL games on his own? Southgate has made this a discussion, not Villa fans.

Weirdly the country has picked up on it the last week as well. Jack wasn't even good against Wales! Desperate for a real 10/10 cameo, the pressure is already there from a fairly ordinary 70 mins.

Its  not a thing for me you plonka :).  How could I not have seen or heard what Southgate has said and done with regards to Grealish?  Its all thats been bloody spoken about all week.  I'm bored of it thats all.  Southgate's a word removed.  How many times do we have to keep going on about it?  My point is no matter what Southgate does or say now he won't be good enough and you know that.  

You lot are so sensitive.   Maybe its because I don't care about England and only care about Villa that don't get as upset and angry as others. 

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

I wouldn’t bet on it.

Jack has one chance of making the euros.. and that’s if Southgate gets the sack (which isn’t going to happen).  The rest of your post is spot on.

I'll happily put money on him featuring heavily in the Euros, that is he will play a part in every game.  (unless its a group game that we don't need to win and players get rested).

6 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Better for Villa that he's not starting but with each non-selection Southgate makes me dislike him a tad bit more. I'm also trying hard not to dislike Mount and to be fair it's not really his fault and for me he his a good player in his own right. But we all know he's no Jack.

Best case scenario now is England struggle, Jack comes on last 30 and changes game but probably wishful thinking. 

Roll on Sunday. 

None of this is Mount’s fault, and for what it’s worth, I like him as a player. He’s always zipping around.

There is ZERO chance of this happening.  There is no way Southgate will risk being proven wrong.  If We are losing with 30 minutes to go and he wants to bring on a potential hero, it will be Sancho/ings/DCL.  If we are winning comfortably and Mount has been outstanding, he’ll bring on Jack for the last 3 minutes.

• Like 2

Â