The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Gareth plays with 3 centre backs and 2 holding midfielders.

He's only done that for the last 3 games, in the Iceland game and before we played 4 at the back. He doesn't really have a footballing philosophy strong enough to actually describe as far as anyone can tell.

IMO Grealish could thrive in any system if given a fair chance.

8 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

He's only done that for the last 3 games, in the Iceland game and before we played 4 at the back. He doesn't really have a footballing philosophy strong enough to actually describe as far as anyone can tell.

Seems like he is experimenting and is more concerned about nullifying the opponent rather than developing an attacking system and philosophy.

Interesting that there seems to be support for Jack even within the squad, with Mount coming out and saying that he and Grealish could play together and some supportive noise from Phillips today too.

I get the feeling that the England camp isn't necessarily the happiest of places.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting that there seems to be support for Jack even within the squad, with Mount coming out and saying that he and Grealish could play together and some supportive noise from Phillips today too.

I get the feeling that the England camp isn't necessarily the happiest of places.

that's the biggest thing for me, they can play together, Maddison and jack could play together too (Maddison is being completely forgotten in all of this, he's also better than mount)

if we had a manager with some bollocks he would make it work but he'd have to sacrifice a holding player which he wont do

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There will be players in that squad who are suddenly scoring twenty goals a day in training and they'll know exactly why. I think the opinion of Harry Kane might be the most important factor in Jack's international career. Which striker doesn't want him loading the gun?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Ah well yes, as you can see from the table below, Mount's stats stack up very well to KDB, especially when you consider he was playing in a weaker team.

yes Jack is the closest thing to KDB

45 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

yeah agree the players on the pitch are not stupid.......they must be pissed off with the system themselves and know it’s ridiculous the lack of creativity when you got jack sitting on bench 🥺

Through some fairly ordinary Grealish performances he's become the nation's darling all of a sudden.

Cant believe the attention over that Wales performance. Southgate needs to hope Jack doesn't play "well" when he next gets a chance. People will lose their minds if he really turns it on and the side isn't built round him.

This has clearly been on minds of pundits and fans but no one wanted to be the first to stick their head up and admit how brilliant he is. They just moaned and came up with fiction to criticise him. 

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

IF he plays Jack tonight and Jack plays well and keep doing the same for us, titgate is opening himself up to many many questions come selection in future, I have a feeling he wont risk that and probably just give Jack 5-10 mins at the end.

If this is the case it surely highlights that the buffoon does have a personality clash with Jack, I wish he would just man up and make some kind of statement and put it to bed. He wont of course, he would get slaughtered from every angle.

England need this tit gone what ever happens.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Through some fairly ordinary Grealish performances he's become the nation's darling all of a sudden.

Cant believe the attention over that Wales performance. Southgate needs to hope Jack doesn't play "well" when he next gets a chance. People will lose their minds if he really turns it on and the side isn't built round him.

This has clearly been on minds of pundits and fans but no one wanted to be the first to stick their head up and admit how brilliant he is. They just moaned and came up with fiction to criticise him. 

Good point, who was the first neutral pundit to back Jack?

I seem to recall Ian Wright getting very opinionated on it just before he got his first call up but I assume there have been neutrals calling for his inclusion since last year

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

He has a clear philosophy.

To keep Jack out at all costs.

He would play 2 goalkeepers in midfield if it meant Grealish not playing. 

• Haha 1

Zero chance he starts tonight. Tiny chance he gets off the bench. If it's not Rashford and Sancho, Southgate will start Mount because he thinks he'll link two defensive midfielders to the attack in a system that's really bloody difficult to pull off if you want to, you know, score a goal. Mount can do that. He's not in Grealish's league at it, but he can do it.

Reading the latest news conference quotes  confirms he is carrying a knock :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54531438

In the frame to start apparently, but in the same article hes quoted as saying england don't risk injured players.  

Southgate revealed Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish - who has two caps but was an unused substitute at in the win over Belgium - had been carrying "a knock".

"I think he is enjoying the experience and he's enjoying seeing how we want to play and that's slightly different to his club," added Southgate.

"Obviously every player has to adjust to that, so he is very much in the frame. He's continuing to prove his position within the squad that's for sure."

Edited by MrBlack

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think Jenas was the first pundit to really back him.

After the Brighton win last season he said it was embarrassing he hadn't made the England squad.

Perhaps not entirely neutral and is clearly a fan of Jack. Maybe he feels a soft spot for us after we paid him £1m for all of 90 minutes football.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think Jenas was the first pundit to really back him.

After the Brighton win last season he said it was embarrassing he hadn't made the England squad.

Paul Merson was also an early admirer, quoting jacks sublime ability for the weighted pass....Merse said there is no one better.

• Like 2

Â