The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

59 minutes ago, birdman said:

This is what I dont get because to my mind he's the most normal looking footballer! No tattoos, normal hair, bit of stubble. What stands out for people? Could be his graceful Rolls Royce style of play which is somewhat effortless. People see that and assume lazy luxury player I suppose. But how can you be so thick to assume without actual study?!

Because people still pay for sky, people still watch the programs,  and the pundits still get paid.  Where is the incentive to work harder and deliver real insight when you get nothing extra for it. There will be a few that take pride in their work, but most just want the pay cheque.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

One of Villa fans (who’s usually pessimist) said that we praise Jack because we like him. Then I’ve said in the group, who would you swap him with at Villa? For me I don’t think I will get any English player if it meant him going the other way round. 
If you’d like to know what you really think, you just need to answer a question like that.

Even other teams who think their players are the best, just ask them would you take Jack? Then they’ll start looking at it differently.

Yes its not just us that rate him fans from other clubs rate him very highly too 

On 12/10/2020 at 01:09, The Fun Factory said:

I think the status of international football nowadays is underlined by the fact that 2 of the top 4 best sides in the world are managed by former Middleborough and Wigan Athletic managers respectively.

At least Martinez won something as a manager. 

17 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Grealish would have 30 caps if he had been at Chelsea for his whole career

He would have had 50 caps playing for Denmark, but unfortunately he doesn't.

I hope he doesn't play tomorrow, England will get spanked and Southgate will loose his job...

I think the problem Jack has is that he holds on the ball a bit longer where as Mount releases the ball quickly and keeps the play continuous. Southgate also loves the way Mount presses the opposition and he prefers that to Grealish. 

Southgate has a style and Grealish doesn’t fit it. The sad state is his international career is going to waste away until Southgate leaves.

7 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Yes I do. It gives them a preconceived idea of what type of person/player that he is. The fans of the club are different because they've seen nearly every minute of his senior career and know exactly what type of player he is, but for pundits (both less skilled and middle aged 😉), I think that they have this preconceived idea of him.

I heard a comment on a podcast recently refering to Souness' comments on Grealish being a player that doesn't work hard enough and the guy there said "that's complete and utter nonsense, he's been the most fouled player in England for the last few years and you can't be that unless you're working hard to get on the ball". Why does Souness think this? It's because he looks at Grealish and sees his appearance first, and that automatically says bad egg in his mind.

So you've heard a few comments from those with no affiliation with the club and a miserable Scot. Lol?! Many people from all ages don't like certain thing's about Grealish, just as many do. I think you stereotyping a certain age group is little short sighted to be honest. I would also add that if you were born in 88 your not far off middle aged yourself 😉. The bias and judgement you show to middle aged blokes is no different than the bias shown to Grealish from some quarters. Seems like you and Graham Souness have more in common than you think.

2 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I think the problem Jack has is that he holds on the ball a bit longer where as Mount releases the ball quickly and keeps the play continuous. Southgate also loves the way Mount presses the opposition and he prefers that to Grealish. 

Southgate has a style and Grealish doesn’t fit it. The sad state is his international career is going to waste away until Southgate leaves.

But the fact that mount releases the ball sooner is the whole issue. Grealish holds onto it and draws defenders out of their shape which creates space for others to run into. And whilst mount has better pressing statistics grealish has better tackles, interceptions and duels won. What that means he is more effective when pressing.

I know you are in favour of him starting but it really annoys me with his ineffective we are with Southgate as the manager. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Messi hold onto the ball longer than Mount and doesn't press as well. would Southgate find away of not picking Messi in an England 11. 

Yes, yes he would.

and if someone compared Messi to Maradona, he would laugh and say not a chance, and that he doesn’t like to compare players to others. Then he’d finish it off by saying that Mount is better than Christiano Ronaldo.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

This slight on Jack that he holds the ball too long. Give me strength. He draws defenders out of position and when he does pass it off or shoot, it's usually a big chance. 

Aston Villa fans want the ball at Jack's feet as often and as long as he wants. If he loses the ball occasionally, it's a small price to pay. 

There is a case to say that players need to be competent off the ball........In Jacks case such is the talent on the ball, that's where you want him to be......On the ball.

• Like 2

What Southgate fails to recognise, amongst numerous things, is that if the ball is at Jack's feet then the opposition cannot score.  The best international teams are typically the ones that dominate possession (I accept that, in football as a whole, this is not always the case, as we showed with 30% against Liverpool, but tends to be at international level).

Mount reminds me of Frank Lampard.  He will score goals and was/is probably a very good PL player, but, for me, neither of them were/are top international players.  They just don't bring enough to the party when they are on the ball. 

• Like 2

The issue with  Jack and England is Steve Holland, Southgate a assistant. He was a Chelsea coach and obviously has an affinity with them and Mount. I speak to no neutral fan who would prefer Mount in the team rather than Grealish . Hes a decent player who does the simple things well but that's about it, Jack didn't even play that well for England and still pissed it. 

• Like 1

Watching the video above, that little chip he did with his heel to Targett. It's funny. You can almost see a little smirk on Targett's face when he he's about to smash it. Like he's thinking (yeah, I've got this. It will be a goal. lol). 

54 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Jamie Redknapp has said that Mount can be England's Kevin De Bruyne. I wonder if Southgate will shoot that down as quickly as the Grealish/ Gascoigne comparisons.

Ah well yes, as you can see from the table below, Mount's stats stack up very well to KDB, especially when you consider he was playing in a weaker team.

• Haha 2

Â