The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You know this is a good thing for Villa. Although I hope this doesn’t mean he starts against Denmark. It’s ridiculous they are playing 3 game’s in a week. 

Edit: heard there could be 9 changes so he is using the squad well and giving everyone a chance. 

Makes sense. Stick with the team that won the last competitive game, ignoring the performance and making it clear that noone could ever have got into the first team no matter how well they played in the last non competitive game. Its a free hit as we're not expected to win.

Then you can mix it up for Denmark if we are rubbish (which we will be).

He was never going to start today. That's why he played most of Thursday. 

A good 15 min cameo tonight when we are being battered though and he might start against Denmark. 

9 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I have no real problem if Jack doesn't play in the next two England games. The concern  and anger during the Wales game that started bubbling up when I saw him play with strapping then get kicked and holding his ankle confirmed that.

He's proved his point, achieved a goal of his by starting for England, now let's focused on winning the league with villa. 

For full disclosure I'm norn Irish so understand you guys will have more of a vested interest in England's success than myself!

In tournament football yes. Not so much these glorified friendlies which mean no Club football for 2 weeks!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've never thought club and nation was anything alike. And I always suspected man management and motivational skill far outweighed tactics at the international level. Then again wth do I know. 

Up to a point. But I still remember Kevin Keegan's final game as England manager (against Germany, iirc), where everyone could see that the tactics were wrong, with the midfield being overrun. He sat there for the longest time, making no changes. Finally, he stood up, and I thought: "Hallelujah, he's finally going to do something about it". He walked over to the sideline, cupped his hands and bawled at his players: "KEEP BELIEVING!!!"

Why do they keep appointing these idiots? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Hope he is rested for both games, he already had his thigh wrapped against Wales.

Didn't he mention he had a hamstring concern before the Liverpool game? Maybe it's due to that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Why do they keep appointing these idiots? 

Because their bigger idiots They are the real problem not the manager who can't turn the job down, even if they know their not up to it. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You know this is a good thing for Villa. Although I hope this doesn’t mean he starts against Denmark. It’s ridiculous they are playing 3 game’s in a week. 

Agreed, they should have knocked these internationals on the head in an already compacted season ahead of an international tournament. It's ludicrous, especially the friendlies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Next tier of opposition? What tier is above 5 goal involvements against one of the best teams in the world?

“...needs to play in the premier league...” etc. He’ll make any excuse he wants, but after Wales the football public won’t wear it. It’s not just Jack, the whole set up is dog s***. Getting pumped by Belgium today might give England a chance next summer. Bring it on.  

6 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Next tier of opposition? What tier is above 5 goal involvements against one of the best teams in the world?

Southgate is a joke. The sooner he leaves the better. 

I will always put club above country, Jack deserves his place in the England squad, and shows he can still achieve his ambitions here. To me, that’s the most important. 

Remember when Mason Mount ran the show against a complete demolition of one of the best few club teams in the world?

The good thing about this insanity is that it's not just Villa fans calling him out. Gary's making himself look like a right **** tool, and hopefully making it a lot easier to sack the useless waistcoat wearing word removed.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Go big, get Poch.

We will know what level Southgate is at this Sunday, if he starts Maguire and Pickford he is a clown. If he drops Jack for anyone he is a clown.

It's not that big. In all fairness, he's never won anything. 

3 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

As some others have said. I’d be happy if he didn’t play the next 2 games. He’s proved his point against Liverpool and Wales, both when he wasn’t even 100% fit.

the whole world has a taste of what he can do, what we have known for years. how special he is.

rest him for next 2 games, get himself 100% for Leicester and beyond. 

Exactly this. I'd be angry if he started today to be honest, given he clearly isn't 100%.

I think Southgate is an awful manager, but I understand why he started him vs Wales - to look at him in full. And therefore he really shouldn't start today - and if he did and got injured, we'd all be up in arms.

Let's see if we create nothing against Belgium, and then the 'creativity' question  starts again. 

15 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's not that big. In all fairness, he's never won anything. 

Thats true, wouldn't take much to upgrade on the man in charge now and with the playing talent we have we can win the euros IMHO, just need the best we can get whether they're English or not. 

8 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

As some others have said. I’d be happy if he didn’t play the next 2 games. He’s proved his point against Liverpool and Wales, both when he wasn’t even 100% fit.

the whole world has a taste of what he can do, what we have known for years. how special he is.

rest him for next 2 games, get himself 100% for Leicester and beyond. 

And that was in a team that hardly knew each other, hate keep saying this but the bloke doesn't like Jack, the slant he puts on all his comments, the camps he has left him out and bought in frankly too many trialists that offer nothing compared to someone with the talent Jack has.

• Like 1

Â