The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Thug said:

gets asked the question at 8:00

He does indeed give more praise than where above video starts.  However, he was NOT asked about Mount, yet guves Mount more praise, and his voice and body language changes. 

Yeah it’s pretty silly but maybe he knows Jack is the really deal and full of confidence whereas Mount needs a bit more praise?

Still think we over analyse everything that’s said. Also as I’ve said many times I hope you are all right about this agenda he has so it means he misses out on the next two games. 

• Like 1

Basically:

’Yh he did ok. He can beat players, but so can Sancho and sterling. He’s comfortable at receiving the ball deep, but he’s not **** supposed to be there - that’s Rice/Phillips job. Mount came on in the same position, and he was excellent. He pressed a lot more than jack did, and also created 3 chances, which if even one had gone in, would have proved my point that he can do what Grealish can, but also brings other aspects to the game. We won, and that’s given me a big problem about how to never pick Jack again.’

• Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeah it’s pretty silly but maybe he knows Jack is the really deal and full of confidence whereas Mount needs a bit more praise?

Still think we over analyse everything that’s said. Also as I’ve said many times I hope you are all right about this agenda he has so it means he misses out on the next two games. 

Amen.

but I’d feel sorry for Jack.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As I've said before, Man United fans have noticed it and were talking about it.  It's not us being overprotective or seeing things that aren't there. 

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory Tantrum GIF

ShOUtHGaTE DoESn’T liKE oUr JaCk AS mUCh As We dO... tHiS iS NoT fAiR!!!!!!!!

I’m not sure if by using that gif you’re suggesting childish attitudes.

let me be clear, I couldn’t give two hoots about whether he plays for England or not.  I’d rather he didn’t.

I’m only arguing the point he doesn’t like him, against those that suggest that there’s no issue.

i much prefer it if every other manager in the world DIDNT like him as much as we do.

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

As I've said before, Man United fans have noticed it and were talking about it.  It's not us being overprotective or seeing things that aren't there. 

I agree there is definitely some issue. But whatever it is I do think Southgate seems to be getting over it. If he was as stubborn as many make out there is no chance he would have got 80 minutes and started ahead of Mount regardless of injuries and media pressure.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Thug said:

I’m not sure if by using that gif you’re suggesting childish attitudes.

let me be clear, I couldn’t give two hoots about whether he plays for England or not.  I’d rather he didn’t.

I’m only arguing the point he doesn’t like him, against those that suggest that there’s no issue.

i much prefer it if every other manager in the world DIDNT like him as much as we do.

He’s picked him for the squad and to start. What more can he do....

show the interviewer this gif when they ask “what did you think of Jack Grealish’s performance?”

robot masturbating GIF 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Southgate responds to Jack/Gazza comparison ...

“I think he should enjoy it. He had an excellent performance the other night. When you make your England debut at Wembley, it is an occasion to cherish and to remember fondly. He is not an 18 or 19 year Jack, he is more experienced than that. 

“He is used to accolades, especially from his own supporters but he is highly thought of in the game. He'll be hungry to back up the performance the other night and to continue to show people what he is capable of.

“I am very conscious that I don’t want to dampen the enthusiasm for Jack. I always answer honestly about people and when you talk about Gascoigne, there’s not a player in English football history who was at that level in my opinion. 

“I don’t want that to be a criticism of Jack. I just think Gascoigne, who I played with, and I played with [Wayne] Rooney, [Steven] Gerrard, [Paul] Scholes, [David] Beckham and you could go on about phenomenal, amazing attacking players who won Champions Leagues, won 100 caps with England and who broke goalscoring records. 

“In many ways, I feel Gascoigne was so unique, and such an incredible player that I feel like I am talking about Bobby Moore. I think with young players who come through you shouldn’t burden or tag them by comparing them to someone else. Each one is unique with unique talents. 

“Jack has a style that is different to all those players I have mentioned and all the players in our squad. He handled the question maturely and I understand the comparison but I think Gascoigne, as an individual is just on another level to anything I played with.”

Never a truer word spoken.  Burdening players with comparisons and tags.  Southgate frowns on it.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/812699/England-captain-Gareth-Southgate-Harry-Kane-Alan-Shearer

https://www.news24.com/sport/soccer/englishpremiership/southgate-compares-harry-kane-to-shearer-20170605

• Haha 3

Southgate will be gone sooner rather than later. The problem is theres a lot of pundits who believe what they're told. (I think theres a real split now). There was a muppet on Talk Sport (I could stop there), who was arguing that anyone who is playing CL should be automatic starter over someone who isnt. 

I thought jack was much better in the second half when as southgate said "the players solved the problem". Southgates an excellent example of style over substance, and an example of why England wont win anything. 

2 hours ago, il_serpente said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he loses his title of most fouled player this season.  He has players making the runs to allow him to release it now.  Has anyone seen the stat for the Liverpool game?   I don’t remember seeing him getting fouled and am guessing the number of times it happened was well below his average per game from last season.

yeah I definitely think that he will get fouled a lot less — think that Barkley will be a major influencer with this 

10 minutes ago, Thug said:

It's just... He has no integrity. It's the worst thing I can say about anyone.

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Who's the right pick as an England manager going forward you reckon?? 

Someone with a club management career that wasn't an unmitigated disaster for a start. I wouldn't mind Eddie Howe but I'd prefer Potter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Someone with a club management career that wasn't an unmitigated disaster for a start. I wouldn't mind Eddie Howe but I'd prefer Potter.

I've never thought club and nation was anything alike. And I always suspected man management and motivational skill far outweighed tactics at the international level. Then again wth do I know. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm an ireland fan so .....

I genuinely think the jobs too big for one man. You almost need a media savvy man / front of house, and the one who actually coaches and organises. 

Clough and taylor

Fergie and many

Smith and Shakespeare!

I'd like England to win a tournament, they have the players, but managers have always been too scared to ignore the media. 

I hate myself for saying this, but you almost need a Redknapp, who has had his career and has nothing to prove. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Basically:

’Yh he did ok. He can beat players, but so can Sancho and sterling. He’s comfortable at receiving the ball deep, but he’s not **** supposed to be there - that’s Rice/Phillips job. Mount came on in the same position, and he was excellent. He pressed a lot more than jack did, and also created 3 chances, which if even one had gone in, would have proved my point that he can do what Grealish can, but also brings other aspects to the game. We won, and that’s given me a big problem about how to never pick Jack again.’

This is what I heard

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I hope he does it again if asked about Grealish. He's totally embarrassing himself, it's funny.

He's also contradicting everything he's said before with the reasons he gave for Jack not making squads at all.

Be a man Gareth. You're the England manager. If you don't think he's good enough or playing well enough say it when you next leave him out of a squad. Don't lie about the level he's at or the position he's in.

If England play this 343 abomination trying to press from the front, but with full backs as midfielders, we'll get obliterated by any half decent side. There's no one in the middle of the pitch!

We're in a ridiculous position. Southgate is never going to manage ever again after this. He didn't want a job after the Boro debacle but fell into the 21s role!

He's one of many managers in this game that keep managing to fail upwards. It makes no sense.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Tough one. Too late now but Harry Redknapp should have had a chance at some point. 

Now.... Eddie Howe perhaps? I think he'd play better football than Southgate 

Â