The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Gordon Cowans is my absolute unassailable hero.

I will say right now Jack Grealish is the best offensive player I have ever seen play for Villa. 

i never really saw Cowans, his second stint at Villa ended just as i started supporting them (early 90s)

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I actually disagree, a bit. Southgate told him he needs to be further up the pitch, in the danger zone, and stop dropping so deeply to pick up the ball. I support that 100%, it's a symptom of us being a one man team for so long. We'd benefit immensely from that being drilled in to him.

That maybe so, but Jack is a player to be on the ball.....I don't think Jack will ever be great player without the ball.

It was clear last night he was isolated for the early exchanges and only when he drifted over to the right where the ball was that he made his mark.

He is playing with strangers at present.....they will get used to him and used properly, he will raise their game, by helping to win matches.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

That maybe so, but Jack is a player to be on the ball.....I don't think Jack will ever be great player without the ball.

It was clear last night he was isolated for the early exchanges and only when he drifted over to the right where the ball was that he made his mark.

He is playing with strangers at present.....they will get used to him and used properly, he will raise their game, by helping to win matches.

There was a moment early on when DCL had the ball and needed to pull it back until the box not noone was there.  Jack had watched the play build up from outside the box and didn't move an inch when it looked like the ball might be on.  I dont know if it was ball watching or him not sprinting to avoid injury, but the same happened a few times to a lesser extent before he picked his play up. 

I must say I'd never noticed it in his play for villa, but it would definitely have been fair to criticise Jack's off the ball play last night. I put it down to conserving energy/avoiding injury in a friendly, but i wouldnt say he'll never be a great player off the ball.

Edited by MrBlack

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I can say without any bias, that whenever I've seen Sancho ( Admittedly not often ) I fail to see the hype.

EDIT: Jack Did alright against the Champions of England and Europe the other day?

Sancho needs space to be able to shine which he gets for Dortmund but not surprising with Southgates tictacs England dont play that way as they clog up the midfield with holding players.

• Like 1

Jack Grealish mentions it as an after-thought, bringing it up in a matter-of-fact manner, cool Brummie tones somehow amplifying the nonchalance. “It was actually a weird one,” the Aston Villa captain says. “I had a fitness test on the day of the Liverpool game [last Sunday]. I hadn’t even trained for the two days before it because I had a sore hamstring. I didn’t expect to play the way I did.”

a bit concerning, so he was/is carrying a knock of some sort.......we really dont want to risk his hamstring, would be a huge blow if he came back injured from England duty.....

• Like 1

I read a Fulham fans opinion somewhere,can't really remember. I've read so much about  Jack  these last few days. Anyway his take was

He destroyed us in 15 minutes, he then destroyed Liverpool, then he destroyed Wales.

• Like 1

So proud of him! Brummie lad, loyal to his home town club and his family. Learnt from his earlier mistakes having too much of a laugh and now is reaping the rewards of getting his head down.

Can you imagine we'd sold him and this thread was in 'other football'?  What a sickening thought.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

So proud of him! Brummie lad, loyal to his home town club and his family. Learnt from his earlier mistakes having too much of a laugh and now is reaping the rewards of getting his head down.

Can you imagine we'd sold him and this thread was in 'other football'?  What a sickening thought.

I often think about this as I'm watching his reputation grow.

I think he left spurs this summer and went to a super elite. City, Liverpool, Real Madrid stuff. 5 year deal in 2018, made it clear to Levy he wasn't signing a new one. They got £115m for him. He's an England staple, not even a debate.

6 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The world is finally woke. We all knew, they were just ignorant or jealous that they didnt want to believe. 

He just steals all the headlines and turns all the heads. What a start to the season he’s had. Everytime i turn on talksport or log on to Twitter, all the talk all the time is about Jack Grealish. Superstardom is coming his way and the more his profile grows, you have to imagine how much good its doing for our club. If we have a good season, there will be some big names wanting to come and play with Jack and AVFC. Exciting times, we’re acting like a massive club again and the juggernaut is moving again. The momentum we’re gaining here is something we havent seen in a long time.

Love this post especially as I think it’s quite rightly justified.

• Thanks 1

Been saying for ages that playing style-wise he's the new George Best. But I've also thought for a long time that he'll end up being the next Beckham in the public consciousness: start with a bratty image, an uncool speaking voice and media sniffiness. End up as talismanic captain of England and a global icon. Probably with a pop star wife. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Been saying for ages that playing style-wise he's the new George Best. But I've also thought for a long time that he'll end up being the next Beckham in the public consciousness: start with a bratty image, an uncool speaking voice and media sniffiness. End up as talismanic captain of England and a global icon. Probably with a pop star wife. 

Loved what you said about people just calling him "Jack". Because everyone knows who that is.

Edited by Tomaszk

39 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

His cross for Calvert-Lewin reminded me of Beckham.  He's like Beckham with dribbling ability, I think you're right that his career will follow a similar path.  I never saw Best but his playing style makes him the ideal successor for Iniesta, I reckon Xavi would be a big fan and he will end up Barca manager soon.  That's the only danger we will lose Jack imo, I can't see him playing anywhere else in England now, assuming we don't end up going backwards towards relegation candidates again.

Edited by sharkyvilla

Â