The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

I just hope Jack doesnt change his game/ style of play to please Southgate. I remember Bobby Robsen saying just before the World Cup in 1990 that the team needed one ball for Gazza and one for the rest of the team. Gazza didn’t change and neither should Jack. Keep doing what your doing Jack! Never change. ( anyone think he, reads this ?)

To be fair at Villa our whole team revolves around him. As soon as someone gets the ball they look for Jack. Even Mings did it when he came on. 

That’s probably something Southgate wants to avoid.

9 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Not good enough because he doesn’t play Champions League football like Sancho who does it against the very best in the Champions League, When you’re up against the very best you need the very best to play against the very best. After all remember he only plays for Aston Villa. This is on talkSPORT at the moment.

The purpose of talksport is to deliberately say controversial things to encourage enraged people to phone into their premium rate phone numbers. 

sit back making money GIF

Edited by sidcow

The Redcafe threads are definitely interesting reading. There were some very anxious Utd fans in August! They were worried they'd end up overpaying for Grealish if the Sancho deal fell through, and they were - very nobly - even more worried that Grealish would never be picked for England if Villa didn't do the right thing and sell him to Utd for 15 grand and all the players they don't like

Hopefully they're all feeling much more relaxed now that they have absolutely nothing to worry about on either front - haven't followed their recent results very closely tho so not sure

15 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

I just hope Jack doesnt change his game/ style of play to please Southgate. I remember Bobby Robsen saying just before the World Cup in 1990 that the team needed one ball for Gazza and one for the rest of the team. Gazza didn’t change and neither should Jack. Keep doing what your doing Jack! Never change. ( anyone think he, reads this ?)

I actually disagree, a bit. Southgate told him he needs to be further up the pitch, in the danger zone, and stop dropping so deeply to pick up the ball. I support that 100%, it's a symptom of us being a one man team for so long. We'd benefit immensely from that being drilled in to him.

Edited by Davkaus

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I actually disagree, a bit. Southgate told him he needs to be further up the pitch, in the danger zone, and stop dropping so deeply to pick up the ball. I support that 100%, it's a symptom of us being a one man team for so long. We'd benefit immensely from that being drilled in to him.

I get it. But thats Southgate's fault for playing Harry nothing Winks in midfield who pretty much done **** all. At least Phillips tried and I thought for once he had a good game, but Jack had to come deep to get the ball to get England playing. Otherwise the game would have continued like the first 25mins with Jack staying up at final 3rd and waiting for Winks to move his arse.

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think he went deep against Wales cause the back three were having problems passing the ball forward. I dont think he does that without reason. 

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That works in theory as long as he is getting the service but last night there was nothing for him to work with until he changed the game by   going to the right to make an opportunity for DCL

40 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I agree that was the case last season, when Jack would drop deep to collect the ball and basically be almost a one man midfield. However with the introduction of Barkley and with the options that Watkins gives to play the ball long, the hope is that he can play his game further up the field in more dangerous areas. It seemed to go reasonably well on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Not good enough because he doesn’t play Champions League football like Sancho who does it against the very best in the Champions League, When you’re up against the very best you need the very best to play against the very best. After all remember he only plays for Aston Villa. This is on talkSPORT at the moment.

I can say without any bias, that whenever I've seen Sancho ( Admittedly not often ) I fail to see the hype.

EDIT: Jack Did alright against the Champions of England and Europe the other day?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Just had a scroll through the 26 page Grealish thread, it’s refreshing to hear many of them admit that he’s better than Fernandes, Pogba and Van De Beek. 

Put together. 

8 hours ago, Xela said:

Lets hope Jack can persuade his good mate Maddison of the benefits of playing in claret and blue

yeeaaaaah........no thanks.

or that other tool with his pink handbag thing......

31335996-0-image-a-14_1596040124815.jpg

Edited by MaVilla

5 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

They do realise he plays for us don’t they? I know we did fill a few pages about a player we thought we might sign but this is all a bit much. Added to the fact that there are no fish and tits in sight and you’ve got some serious sados down there in London. 

Dodged a bullet there Jack. 

Well let's face it I dont think they have any Edan sisters close to there club yeah that's right I said Edan again (whoever you were that wrote how many times I said Edan and not Eden 😉

There closest beauty's to the Uinted are probably the OAP club Honeys.

Edited by Dave-R

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well let's face it I dont think they have any Edan sisters close to there club yeah that's right I said Edan again (whoever you were that wrote how many times I said Edan and not Eden 😉

There closest beauty's to the Uinted are probably the OAP club Honeys.

I'm more concerned with "There closest beauty's". 

• Like 1

It's weird. We've known this for years, but it's as if two games - the thrashing of Liverpool and England/Wales - have suddenly woken the whole football world up about Jack Grealish. 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's weird. We've known this for years, but it's as if two games - the thrashing of Liverpool and England/Wales - have suddenly woken the whole football world up about Jack Grealish. 

Minus Mr Gareth "id like some head from Mason" Southgate.

• Like 1

i reckon he is the best player i have ever seen play in a Villa shirt, if he does stay with Villa for the years to come, he will go down as a club legend/icon, what a pleasure it will be that all of us can say "we were there for every one of his Villa years"..........can imagine it.........."Daddy, you saw Jack Grealish play!?!"   :P

this guy will 100% need a statue if he stays Villa.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i reckon he is the best player i have ever seen play in a Villa shirt, if he does stay with Villa for the years to come, he will go down as a club legend/icon, what a pleasure it will be that all of us can say "we were there for every one of his Villa years"..........can imagine it.........."Daddy, you saw Jack Grealish play!?!"   :P

this guy will 100% need a statue if he stays Villa.

Gordon Cowans is my absolute unassailable hero.

I will say right now Jack Grealish is the best offensive player I have ever seen play for Villa. 

Â