The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

We need to just enjoy every second this kid is here. 

We will probably never produce a talent like this or be able to buy someone this good again. 

And to think how many times we possibly could have lost him the past 3 or 4 years is unthinkable. We really can't complain about being unlucky. 

Everything has gone for us in terms of Jack Grealish being our captain and one of the best players in the league. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Awol said:

Worth doing though, one of best write ups on Jack I’ve read. Is all Italian football journalism that incisive?! 

I mean they must have stolen that quote from philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein from Villatalk - we never stop talking about him when discussing football matters 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Think he's value have gone up from £80 to £120-130 million now. 

Personally I'd not sell at any price. This is the type of footballer you hope to get at any club. When you spend £40-50 million you hope you end up with someone half as good. He's a fecking unicorn. 

Hilarious that twice now a club (Tottenham and ManU) could have prized Jack away if they had just offered a respectable bid at the time and neither did it. Now, as you stated, his value has now easily zoomed past £100 million. 

God forbid he goes to the Euros and tears it up there. Just think, that was Jack at 75% playing with a set of teammates he probably isn't all that familiar with, yet. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Hilarious that twice now a club (Tottenham and ManU) could have prized Jack away if they had just offered a respectable bid at the time and neither did it. Now, as you stated, his value has now easily zoomed past £100 million. 

God forbid he goes to the Euros and tears it up there. Just think, that was Jack at 75% playing with a set of teammates he probably isn't all that familiar with, yet. 

At the time it was insanity that Daniel Levy wouldn't stump up the £25m for him that Tony wanted. Remember the initial opening offer of £4m plus Josh Onamoah?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yup, more and more non Villa fans seem to be swallowing their pride and recognising him now.

Although, wouldn't surprise me if alot of them had never really watched him play, and just ran with the narrative " Overrated, diving cnut etc. "

Well that was resounding that Grealish was man of the match in the comments.

20 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Tottenham yes, but Man Utd no, not for me. Once we stayed up this summer, it would’ve been a monumental bid to get him

25 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I mean they must have stolen that quote from philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein from Villatalk - we never stop talking about him when discussing football matters 

Levels! 

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Tottenham yes, but Man Utd no, not for me. Once we stayed up this summer, it would’ve been a monumental bid to get him

Multiple quotes and articles are out there from this past summer.  If ManU had come in with a bid in the £60-80 million range, Jack was off. They never did, because of their infatuation with Sancho.  Now Ole won't be at the wheel much longer. 

All credit to Jack. He didn't kick up a fuss, leak quotes through his agent, or try to undermine Villa in anyway. He let the market play out.  Once he saw that the "bigger" clubs didn't value him properly he got himself a fat pay raise from Villa and is now going to tear the Prem a new one. 

I think the main issue between Southgate and Grealish (assuming there is no weird personal issue) is that Southgate likes to play a very rigid well drilled system, whereas Jack is trained at Villa to adopt a more free roaming role. There is a clear conflict there as Jack’s instincts are to carry the ball across the pitch, switch sides and cut inside, when I think Southgate would prefer his wingers to largely stay out wide chucking in crosses. He would face the same issues if he played for Burnley for example. 

Judging by last night, Grealish doesn’t really seem to change his game to adapt to Southgate’s style, which is probably why Southgate struggles to praise him after the match even when he plays well. To him he probably isn’t playing very well as he has ripped up all the instructions he was given to play his own game. For that reason I don’t think Grealish can really be a success under Southgate, as he would have to give up all the aspects of his game that make him a unique talent in order to fit the system. It’s obvious to us that the system should be changed to fit Grealish but that is probably a step to far for a conventionalist like Southgate 😕

• Like 2

Just now, The_Steve said:

Good to see others pointing out this chud’s obsession with Mount 

The blokes a cock.

The sooner he's gone the better for England.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hilarious hearing Coleman saying Grealish has been brilliant, tracking back and getting on the ball, energy etc. 

This is the worst Jack Grealish performance I’ve seen in about 3 years. 

Not exactly this (it wasn't his worst in 3 years) but yes.

Almost everyone  (and even blue noses) are drooling about Jack for England last nigth, and I can imagine most Villa fans thinking "shame, Jack isn't having his best game here". There's so much more to come. Pretty much all the journos - Henry Winter and the like, not just Matt Law - are highlighting him as the standout player.

I assume Southgate doesn't like him because he knows he will make him look like an incompetent prick.
Imagine the likes of Kane, Sterling, Alexander-Arnold and the genuinely very good England players (so not Sancho at the moment) with Jack doing stuff, in a system designed to beat the best with a good manager. We'd be amazing.

The words of Osvaldo Soriano come to mind in his book Fútbol: «There are three kinds of players. Those who see the free spaces, the same spaces that any fool can see from the stands and you see them and you are happy and you feel satisfied when the ball falls where it should fall. Then there are those who suddenly show you a free space, a space that you and perhaps others could have seen if they had observed carefully. Those take you by surprise. And then there are those who create a new space where there shouldn't have been any space ». Here, Graelish is the latter type of player.

https://www.ultimouomo.com/jack-graelish-culto-premier-league-aston-villa/

This best sums it up for me, telling that the Italian experts see what our experts don't seem to be able to. As for Southgate , think even he knows that Jack's going to force his way into his team , despite him not appearing to want him.

Don't think Jack will start the next England game and I'm happy about that for an injury point of view. It's highly likely we will be losing the game against Belgium when he comes on and Jack will then do what Jack does , create. Southgate will then start to feel the pressure of not playing Jack and the media will start to question Southgate more intensely .

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

On sha forum of the 54 posts for the game last night, 28 were about JG. Some of the comments were laughable, bitter as you'd expect. Hardly any mention of the game itself or other players, Coady and Calvert Lewin excepted.

thing is if this was bellingham, i'd be genuinely pleased for the kid. it's nice to see brummie lads hitting the big time and setting the world stage alight. god knows there haven't exactly been many over the last few years. it puts the city on the map, and might get that extra 10% out of the kids in the academies, wanting to be the next Jack or Jude. so it's really bizarre that a fanbase that claims to be 'propa brummies' loathes someone that's come from the same neck of the woods as them so much.

• Like 3

Â