The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He's a massive waste of spunk

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I can honestly say this has never been an issue with him I have worried about. 

Maybe this will change your mind😉

273487graeme-souness-posters6.jpg

• Haha 3

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54471793

MOTM on BBC.

England v Wales - Jack Grealish tops your player ratings

He set up the opening goal before putting on a dominant midfield display - and Aston Villa's Jack Grealish was your man of the match as England beat Wales 3-0.

Grealish scored 8.10 in the player rater, followed by debutant and goalscorer Dominic Calvert-Lewin and fellow scorer Conor Coady.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

He wasn't even good for him tonight.

That formation was a rotter, Grealish hid another bad England performance.

He could only play with the cards he was dealt...

And I swear to God that Southgate told the rest of the players to keep it away from him if they could find another option...

10 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Doesn't surprise me. I've read quotes from a pundit and associate of both that he thinks that there's a 'personal' theme to Grealish and Southgate's relationship.

Southgate needs to be professional and the leader he's paid to be and find common ground with Grealish and turn the focus to football instead of holding on to any ill feelings.

Can only think it was something Jack did when playing U21 under Southgate? Whatever it was has caused a rather large chip on Gary's shoulder! He doesnt talk about him in the warm manner he does other players. A debut like that and most managers would be slightly more encouraging. May well be reading into it too much and should just be glad he was picked tonight I suppose. 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Why?

Are you playing funny buggers with me?

In case you would actually like to know, I don't seek to create issues for others or talk down about people as a pastime.

If I were to be unfair with him, then wouldn't I be perpetuating the sort of behaviour that has made people take issue with Southgate's treatment of our Jack?

1 minute ago, birdman said:

Can only think it was something Jack did when playing U21 under Southgate? Whatever it was has caused a rather large chip on Gary's shoulder! He doesnt talk about him in the warm manner he does other players. A debut like that and most managers would be slightly more encouraging. May well be reading into it too much and should just be glad he was picked tonight I suppose. 

I distinctly remember someone making a comment on this forum about Southgate probably being bitter and twisted from his playing days of him being the model professional and a bloody good player in his own right, but the flash lads getting all the limelight and adoration and him thinking "When I manage England, there will be none of this"

Someone did say something like that didnt they? or was I dreaming it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, birdman said:

No, Grealish fully deserves inclusion in the squad. The only disruption to the ethos and chemistry of the team would be from Southgate's end from what I can gather.

18 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Are you playing funny buggers with me?

In case you would actually like to know, I don't seek to create issues for others or talk down about people as a pastime.

If I were to be unfair with him, then wouldn't I be perpetuating the sort of behaviour that has made people take issue with Southgate's treatment of our Jack?

You are right about being fair to him, but you aren't being fair. You were being overly generous. As another poster pointed out,  their Mrs saw the attitude of Gareth change when he was asked about Jack. I was curious,  and asked my Mrs to watch the interview and ask her if anything stood out... she immediately said (having not seen the game) "did Jack not do very well?".

He is, either by design or accident, trying to play down Jack Grealish in every way he can.

Maybe he's bizarrely trying to protect him from the limelight until he unleashes him full force at the next tournament...

Maybe he takes exception to the fact Jack went out drinking and inhaling nitrous oxide as a teenager in the England setup. Who knows why, but he definitely has an aversion to recognising Jack's ability and performances. 

Edited by MrBlack

I think the truth is England have the best attack probably in my lifetime better than the "Golden Generation" and Jack definitely should be a starter. Jack, Sterling, Kane and another maybe Maddison, Rashford even Mount or Sancho depending on the opposition

Except a dodgy defence which can be worked on but England also have a crap manager and it will hold them back

Calvert Lewin is on a good run of form and I thought Ings was lively but Jack was easily the best player on the pitch and he was on cruise control. I think its even harder for him because he knows that Southgate doesn't rate him so any poor performance he would have been subbed at half time and possibly out of  the squad again. Now there is no way he can be dropped for the next call up unless he is injured without Southgate looking like a massive tw*t.

1 hour ago, birdman said:

I don’t think it’s necessarily down to a certain issue. Sometimes people just don’t like other people. I’m told he just thinks he’s a bit of a dick.

• Like 1

Â